Class of 2024 - F/C Petar Majstorovic (Serbia) SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (8/16/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 F/C Petar Majstorovic (Serbia) SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (8/16/24)

Well, “Majstorovic had a season-high 22 points against Nancy.” So that’s good, right? I mean Nancy is difficult to score on?
I've had Nancy shut me out more than once.
Just catching up here with Nancy.

I agree. I've never faired well with Nancies.
Lisas, Lauras, Loris, Sarahs, ok! Just the way it works out some time.

Well, “Majstorovic had a season-high 22 points against Nancy.” So that’s good, right? I mean Nancy is difficult to score on?

Didn't Clint Eastwood steal $16 million in German gold from a bank in Nancy?

film__13351-kelly-s-heroes--hi_res-5f4ebb9d.jpg

I like that he appears to have some muscle and strength already.

I like that is appears he is not afraid of contact and already plays physical.

I like that it appears he really understands the game and has a high hoops IQ.

It looks like he is a lot better prepared for college ball than our typical incoming HS recruit, even if he played for a fancy prep school.

He isn’t perfect. I see he gets in foul trouble sometimes. I don’t think he will ever be much of a shot blocker.

In a video I saw, it sounded like he speaks French already. Fluently.

Not sure how his English is. Might be very spotty. But he is European and I suspect if he doesn’t speak it well now, he will in a few months.

Welcome Petar.

I've had Nancy shut me out more than once.

I’ve never actually scored in a Nancy before. Unless you count a good Nancy drew book.

This is a solid pickup at this stage of the game. Looks like he’s got a lot of potential for growth on the floor. Already athletic for his size and good footwork. One overlooked thing with bigs is he gets the ball and goes up to the rim. Doesn’t take an extra bounce or a fake that doesn’t fake anyone and then loses the ball. Gets the pass and goes up to the rim.

Interesting
Did you miss the other thread in the main forum where Dasher and others have been hinting since June about us possibly adding an international man of mystery this summer? others said he was from Serbia. Woohoo! Glad it finally got it done. And thanks to Dasher, Jake and others for the info.

Love seeing a pickup like this. Bet he will be a great, physical practice player while he adapts to college basketball. Also think he’ll be the type that doesn’t play for five games, then comes in against Duke or Pitt and plays 20 minutes and contributes.

Couldnt give this my full attention so correct me if i misheard, but i think Mccallister said he thinks the plan is to red shirt or have a red shirt type of season.

Does anyone know if that’s true? I was getting the impression the staff thinks he’ll play this year.

He said If we stay healthy and all goes to plan he should have a redshirt like year but if not he is the type of player who would be ready to play right away vs say some late portal addition.

He said If we stay healthy and all goes to plan he should have a redshirt like year but if not he is the type of player who would be ready to play right away vs say some late portal addition.
But in fairness, Mine also admitted that he's just looking at highlight clips, I didn't have visibility into the level of time, ready this kid is to contribute right away, etc I think he was just talking in generalities.

As in, it's logical to respect that he wouldn't play a big role, but who knows?

Wow, if THIS guy is taking up the 12th seat...WE'RE GOOD. I would love to fill all 13 spots on a roster, but it is so hard to do that in the age of free movement and NIL. To have this young guy with his skills and IQ is huge. If we don't have to play him, we are going to be really good. This kid will push all the other centers and big forwards to be better.

Red wants more low post play that made SU a very successful program for the glory years. We will see so much more of it next couple years. The tempo will still be pushed but a lot of passes into the low block plays will be happening
I love it! The AO-Rick Jackson tandem was unstoppable in 2009-10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom