Class of 2024 - F/C Petar Majstorovic (Serbia) SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (8/16/24) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 F/C Petar Majstorovic (Serbia) SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (8/16/24)

This dude's gonna steal some minutes from McLeod.

Certainly could be a possibility. Depending on how quickly he settles in once he starts practicing he certainly adds more situational lineup flexibility for Red if he’s ready to contribute sooner vs later.

I guess the post got lost, but I found his game splits for last year. He played for the Under 21 team in his French league. He averaged about 14 points and 7 rebounds a game in 20-25 minutes. Good passer, mediocre FT shooter, shoots less than 25% from three. Nice moves around the baseline. Looks like he has pretty good footwork.

I guess the post got lost, but I found his game splits for last year. He played for the Under 21 team in his French league. He averaged about 14 points and 7 rebounds a game in 20-25 minutes. Good passer, mediocre FT shooter, shoots less than 25% from three. Nice moves around the baseline. Looks like he has pretty good footwork.

It didn’t get lost. You put it in the post on the bball board.

Post in thread 'The board was wondering about whether we are'
The board was wondering about whether we are

Unless it’s changed, I don’t think players on student visas can earn money, at least not directly.
exactly

plus in this environment of constant roster flux, the school should actively dissuade redshirts as much as possible given there is a good chance the player will transfer anyway

Unless it’s changed, I don’t think players on student visas can earn money, at least not directly.
Educate me, anyone:
Since NIL isn’t from schools, and comes from private individuals, companies, collectives… how is it regulated? If an independent/not school-affiliated person gave an already professional athlete a bag in Europe, before he officially enrolled or signed with a school, but it was with the ‘unspoken understanding’ (wink/nod) that he’d sign with a school… how would anyone know or be able to prove it?

I hope they don't red shirt him. I obviously hope McLeod doesn't get hurt...but I feel like the chances McLeod misses some time this year due to some type of injury is decently high. We need bodies. Especially in the transfer portal age, mine as well keep him playable.

I hope they don't red shirt him. I obviously hope McLeod doesn't get hurt...but I feel like the chances McLeod misses some time this year due to some type of injury is decently high. We need bodies. Especially in the transfer portal age, mine as well keep him playable.
He ain’t coming here to redshirt

Educate me, anyone:
Since NIL isn’t from schools, and comes from private individuals, companies, collectives… how is it regulated? If an independent/not school-affiliated person gave an already professional athlete a bag in Europe, before he officially enrolled or signed with a school, but it was with the ‘unspoken understanding’ (wink/nod) that he’d sign with a school… how would anyone know or be able to prove it?
It’s a student visa thing, not NIL. They are here to go to school, not work. Work visas are a whole other thing.
There must be work around through parents ( see Edwards, Jesse), I just have no idea what it is.

Last edited:
My mother could steal minutes from McLeod.
90octh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom