Class of 2017 - Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Hameir Wright (NY) to Washington

He's got interest from every school outside of Duke and UK. It's too bad we have so many forwards because this is one that needs to get closed quick.

He's got interest from every school outside of Duke and UK. It's too bad we have so many forwards because this is one that needs to get closed quick.
But Hameir projects as an SF, no? We sure don't have so many of those...

Wow, this is the first I'd hear about him being willing to go '17 instead of '18 - what are the chances we could get this done??

Wow, this is the first I'd hear about him being willing to go '17 instead of '18 - what are the chances we could get this done??

I love Hameir. Lots of upside. Does everything pretty good. Just isn't a knock down shooter at this point.

I'd say offer him a starting role. Although, if his shooting is a weakness, that might not fit our needs for 17-18. Need shooting and scoring.

But getting a local big time talent to stick around would be fantastic. Let's hope this one is a win for JB and co.

Most of the highlight tapes I've watched have a lot of midrange jumpers and the 3 ball...seems like he's a decent shooter already and will only get better..kid has a ton of upside

I like this kids game. Has he actually come out and said he wanted to play for Boeheim and not Hopkins or is that just a rumor?

I like this kids game. Has he actually come out and said he wanted to play for Boeheim and not Hopkins or is that just a rumor?
I think JB kind of hinted at in the press conference didn't give a name though, if I heard correctly.

I'd say offer him a starting role. Although, if his shooting is a weakness, that might not fit our needs for 17-18. Need shooting and scoring.

But getting a local big time talent to stick around would be fantastic. Let's hope this one is a win for JB and co.
You don't offer anyone a starting role...you offer them the opportunity to come in and compete for the starting role. I never understood this logic.

This would be a very nice get.

You don't offer anyone a starting role...you offer them the opportunity to come in and compete for the starting role. I never understood this logic.

This would be a very nice get.
Agreed. You show him the lack of competition at the position and his path to playing time, but no guarantees.

Boeheim has also been on record saying he doesn't promise starting roles as if they are good enough they won't need one.

Boeheim has also been on record saying he doesn't promise starting roles as if they are good enough they won't need one.
I know he says that, but there have been a few players come through who get the start and are then yanked out the game at the first whistle for every game of their freshman season.

I know he says that, but there have been a few players come through who get the start and are then yanked out the game at the first whistle for every game of their freshman season.
Seemed to be a pattern of our McDonald's AA big guys... Fab then Rakeem then DC2

Anyone going to this game tomorrow? We are heading down to Saratoga for an AAU tourney for my boy, but now am thinking about a detour to Glens Falls to watch the game at 1pm. Will definitely be wearing Orange as that's my kids color as well.

I feel special that a post hating on me brings a smiley face out of you. Your boys got real quiet when I shut their nonsense down tho.:)
When I skimmed through that post on whatever day it was, I didn't perceive the post as being filled with malice toward you. To be honest, as an English teacher and former sports writer, I enjoyed the part about primary sources and secondary sources - which is not to say that you might very well be right and they might very well be wrong with regard to JB and recruiting. As a source, you're arguably the best on this site; we all know that. But I do think sometimes people on here are just saying what they feel, not what they know or even what they have heard. (That was where my AMEN came in.) That being said, in no way does this mean that people don't have every right to give their take on things. That's the beauty of this place - a free exchange of ideas.) And when you do share information on here, I always and completely respect the source, primary or otherwise. So in no way did I say AMEN to disrespect you. With regard to me having "boys" on this site, I don't even know who those "boys" are? I tend to pay more attention to the folks like you who offer consistent insights, and I think this spot is what it is because of that. Oh, and I am also certainly not a hater. Again, my apologies if it came across that way.