Class of 2021 - F John Camden (PA / Brewster) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 F John Camden (PA / Brewster)

I almost mentioned him the other day as a potential target but I wasn’t sure if he was going to transfer coming off an injury.

Is this kid that much better than Bunch or Taylor?

If the answer is no, not really(and I think it is) it makes no sense to bring someone in just a year ahead of our freshmen.

We would need to sign someone who would be here just for one year and is a proven scorer.

This kid doesn’t seem to be it.

Is rather have a guy who has 1 year left.
Understand the reasoning but given the selection sample, would you rather have no one if they cant find a guy with 1 year left?

This just happened Tuesday -

MEMPHIS TIGERS

More info on Camden:​

Memphis basketball's Earl Timberlake, John Camden, Sam Onu enter NCAA transfer portal​

Three Tigers men's basketball players entered the portal Tuesday
f523add1-e2cc-4653-bdd5-1c9d109e4fc7_750x422.jpg

Credit: AP
Memphis guard Earl Timberlake (0) during an NCAA college basketball game against Tulsa, Sunday, Jan. 23, 2022, in Tulsa, Okla. (AP Photo/Sue Ogrocki)
Author: Clayton Collier
Published: 10:28 PM CDT March 29, 2022
Updated: 8:52 AM CDT March 30, 2022
FacebookTwitter
MEMPHIS, Tenn — Three members of the Memphis Tigers men's basketball team entered the NCAA transfer portal Tuesday. Earl Timberlake, John Camden and Sam Onu are to seek other programs to transfer to.
Timberlake was the most significant contributor to last year's squad, averaging 4.7 points and 3.4 rebounds in 29 games for Memphis.

Top 150 freshman John Camden and Sam Onu both redshirted last season. Camden played just two minutes in the season opener against Tennessee Tech before undergoing season-ending foot surgery.

Memphis freshman John Camden entered the transfer portal Tuesday, he told The Commercial Appeal on Tuesday.

From verbal commits:

John Camden​

StatusTransferred from Memphis

Year2021 (FR)​

PositionSF​

Height 6-8​

Weight 208​

Hometown Downingtown, PA​

High School Brewster Academy​

Profiles​

MetricCompositeScoutRivalsESPN
ProfileProfileN/ARivalsN/A
Star Rating4★-4★-
PositionSF---
Rankings Note: Rankings data shown based on latest ESPN Rankings released on N/A, Scout Rankings released on N/A, and Rivals Rankings released on N/A.

That's all I have so far. Kid can shoot and has a handle better than Buddy - release point low? Eh, we'll have to see about that. More...

. While shooting is his bread and butter, Camden is a skilled passer and a player who can push the tempo. He's a mismatch on the court and valuable on so many spots on the floor. Camden is a top 125 player nationally in the composite rankings. He plays with Team Final on the Nike EYBL circuit. Courtesy of: hoopseen.com

Leaving Memphis
March 29, 2022
Camden (foot) is in the transfer portal, VerbalCommits.com reports.
ANALYSIS
Camden suffered a foot injury early in the season that ended up in him taking a redshirt. Camden will look for a fresh start where he will keep four years of eligibility.

For people worried about outside shooting on next year's squad, this dude could be part of the answer.
Otto..playing devils advocate - would you rather he be in his last year of eligibility, per bees with that experience, or not?

Some tape on Camden from Brewster
I just watched this video, the kid can definitely shoot, but this video shows pretty much nothing else. My preference would be to get a bruiser, someone that can play tough defense and rebound. Someone that could spell Jesse at the 5. Beyond that, THEN I would want another scoring forward. I am not worried too much about shooting. We know what Joe is and what he can do. I think Mintz will be a capable shooter, but I don't see him settling for a 3, but he will be opportunistic, a threat. I also think Benny's jumper will come around. I don't think he will be a 40% guy from three, but hopefully 33-35%. I don't think he will be hoisting up a ton, but I think he will find himself open and hit at that percentage.

Understand the reasoning but given the selection sample, would you rather have no one if they cant find a guy with 1 year left?

Truthfully yes. I have faith that at least one of Taylor and Bunch will be a good SF.

Truthfully yes. I have faith that at least one of Taylor and Bunch will be a good SF.
Agreed. I don’t think Camden blocks anyone. Frankly I don’t see JB making it more than the year so that throws all long term rosters into doubt. Get Camden and roll. The roster always works itself out

Otto..playing devils advocate - would you rather he be in his last year of eligibility, per bees with that experience, or not?
My opinion doesn't matter at all.

Show me the player that fits at forward with one year of eligibility left that a) we had a previous relationship with and/or b) has a geographic tie to the area. Can we even name a name?

Until I hear we're involved with players outside of those conditions, my expectation is that the pool of portal players may be deep but we're swimming in shallow waters.

I'm fine with another 4 year guy. They're lotto tickets. We need to hit on enough of them to be good.

Also, Penny isn't a great college coach. But he does know talent. If Camden was a player he wanted, I think that counts for something.

My opinion doesn't matter at all.

Show me the player that fits at forward with one year of eligibility left that a) we had a previous relationship with and/or b) has a geographic tie to the area. Can we even name a name?

Until I hear we're involved with players outside of those conditions, my expectation is that the pool of portal players may be deep but we're swimming in shallow waters.

I'm fine with another 4 year guy. They're lotto tickets. We need to hit on enough of them to be good.

Also, Penny isn't a great college coach. But he does know talent. If Camden was a player he wanted, I think that counts for something.
Camden is a dead eye shooter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom