F1 2022 Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

F1 2022 Season

If you don't like that there's a certain interview with KMag and Nico Hulkenberg from a little ways back you wont care for either lol

I did a quick google search and found it. I actually don't mind that exchange. After a race, emotions, nico trying to be a dbag, it didn't rub me like Ricardo's moment. I'll have to go back and find it to try to see why it rubbed me wrong. I think it was just because it was so random, and the poor female in the car with him had to pretend to laugh it off. I'll keep ya posted.

I've been meaning to get to Mexico City for about 5 years. Had a place booked once and friend backed out. One of if not my favorite city and it's always right around Dia de Los Muertos too which would be cool to experience.
Completely forgot about Mexico City! Looks like it's the same weekend as the ND game this year, and if the Vegas Grand Prix is really going to be November 2023 it might be a few years before I can make it down to Mexico

Same here- Initially felt bad for Mazepin until I watched season 4 and learned a bit about how he got his seat, and "got to know him".

I think I'm all in on HAAS as "my team". I had gone back and forth for the last year, but having KM back, the excitement of seeing what Mick can do, seeing what HAAS can do in the new era of deregulation, I like it. Ladytroop likes Guenther and once I make her watch the Schumacher doc I think she'll have a soft spot for Mick.

I wish Alex Albon got a better shake. I know I'm brand new to the sport, but I thought he did well enough in his short time with Red Bull to get another year, or at least get a better ride than Williams. I think if Alpha Tauri went into last season with Gasely and Albon, we'd be Alpha Tauri fans for sure.

Being a sports fan my whole life, I'm no stranger to players coming and going from my team. Besides Eli's departure (which almost made me quit on the giants and NFL in general) I've always taken it in stride. There's 22 players, losing 1 or 2 a season isn't that big of a deal. Seems different in F1. How do you guys handle your allegiances? Do you follow your driver from team to team? Stick to one team and deal with whatever driver they put in the seat? I never had this issue with nascar, I always had a favorite driver (Ward Burton, whats upppp) never cared about what team they drove for.
As you know as a sports fan anything in sports like picking a team / driver is pretty personal and specific to people for many different reasons. I like the majority of the current grid outside of the Merc Crew and Stroll Sr. (just personal preference). Personally I'm a big fan of Perez, guy has amazing race craft and is a family man to his bones which makes him easy to relate to. Gasly's win at Monza really won me over from a personal point of view, and the kid can drive the wheels off that AT. Seb outside of being a 4x champ has grown into just an A+ human who is perfect example of being about action not just talk. Honestly the whole grid is full of awesome guys and all seem easy to route for (outside of Alfa's new rookie who I just dont enough about yet).

Maze was like the only one on the grid who was truely a crap person. Outside of the DTS stuff showing him to be the garbage person he is, he punched a Redbull Jr driver in the face twice back when he was in F3 for getting in his way in Quali, the race, feaking free practice. The whole groping incident, and also last year he apparently had some beef with George Russell and took to Instagram Live and insinuated he was gay and to shut up or he'd out him (which is odd since George has a GF). I'm so happy he got the boot and HAAS took his money to build a great car he can't drive.

As you know as a sports fan anything in sports like picking a team / driver is pretty personal and specific to people for many different reasons. I like the majority of the current grid outside of the Merc Crew and Stroll Sr. (just personal preference). Personally I'm a big fan of Perez, guy has amazing race craft and is a family man to his bones which makes him easy to relate to. Gasly's win at Monza really won me over from a personal point of view, and the kid can drive the wheels off that AT. Seb outside of being a 4x champ has grown into just an A+ human who is perfect example of being about action not just talk. Honestly the whole grid is full of awesome guys and all seem easy to route for (outside of Alfa's new rookie who I just dont enough about yet).

Maze was like the only one on the grid who was truely a crap person. Outside of the DTS stuff showing him to be the garbage person he is, he punched a Redbull Jr driver in the face twice back when he was in F3 for getting in his way in Quali, the race, feaking free practice. The whole groping incident, and also last year he apparently had some beef with George Russell and took to Instagram Live and insinuated he was gay and to shut up or he'd out him (which is odd since George has a GF). I'm so happy he got the boot and HAAS took his money to build a great car he can't drive.
That's kind of where I'm at. I root against Lewis just because he's won too much. And also root against any pay drivers though I guess I don't mind Lance. He seems fine and turned himself into an adequate driver. Other than that I'm generally happy when anyone wins or gets a podium outside of the norm. That Gasly win may have brought a tear to my eye.

Yikes. Wife is over in Jordan right now and I joked and told her she should swing over for the race, perhaps not a great idea.
Idk man I bet tickets are a bargain now

8qx2rppnojp81.jpg

/\ Not a natural cloud or distant mountains, Max actually thought something was wrong with his car on team radio, wasn't his car he smelled

Tossed a few bucks on Sainz, Checo, Lewis and George. Also for whatever reason you can get +300 on winning driver coming from grid spot 2 which is significantly higher than straight up betting Max/Charles which doesn't make a lot of sense. Figure with that I have a piece of one of them along with the next 4 guys. Only way I crap out is if Charles or Max takes pole and then wins which I guess is probably a 33-50% shot.

Big crash for Mick, hope he's alright. Hoping KM can get a fast lap in once Q2 gets going again.

I was talking to a buddy who's a big IMSA guy, I mentioned being a KM fan. He put me on to this video of KM's dad, which is one of the wildest few minutes of auto racing I've seen

I was talking to a buddy who's a big IMSA guy, I mentioned being a KM fan. He put me on to this video of KM's dad, which is one of the wildest few minutes of auto racing I've seen

IMSA looks cool, will watch sone highlights here and there but just dont have enough time to add that to my sports watching mix. Solid clip there though.

Mick airlifted to hospital out of caution, should be ok I guess? HAM out, not even into Q2... Wild stuff

IMSA looks cool, will watch sone highlights here and there but just dont have enough time to add that to my sports watching mix. Solid clip there though.

Mick airlifted to hospital out of caution, should be ok I guess? HAM out, not even into Q2... Wild stuff

Mick should be alright, Guenther said he was moving fine they just wanted to get him checked out. Didn't rule out only running one car tomorrow though.

I've had a nasty bug the last few days, which gives me a perfect excuse to spend the morning watching qualifying. Had no clue how it worked, just assumed they had an hour to turn the fastest lap they could. As I type this, KM secures a spot in Q3 with a P7

That was pretty wild but also made me sad. Wife and I lived in Monterey for a couple years and Laguna Seca was a couple miles away and we could hear races on the weekends from the backyard.

"Guenther Steiner’s net worth is expected to be between $1 million and $5 million in 2022. A motorsports manager’s average pay is believed to be around $63,000. As a result, he could be making about that amount or even more than the anticipated income."

Found this on the internets. There's no way in hell that can be even close to true, right?

Mick should be alright, Guenther said he was moving fine they just wanted to get him checked out. Didn't rule out only running one car tomorrow though.

I've had a nasty bug the last few days, which gives me a perfect excuse to spend the morning watching qualifying. Had no clue how it worked, just assumed they had an hour to turn the fastest lap they could. As I type this, KM secures a spot in Q3 with a P7
So HAM is P16, imagine tomorrow blue flags as Bottas comes up on HAM... Its a real possibility looking at their pace.

"Guenther Steiner’s net worth is expected to be between $1 million and $5 million in 2022. A motorsports manager’s average pay is believed to be around $63,000. As a result, he could be making about that amount or even more than the anticipated income."

Found this on the internets. There's no way in hell that can be even close to true, right?
Check out Toto's net worth...

No chance whatsoever that's his salary. Think you could add a 0 and still be low.

So HAM is P16, imagine tomorrow blue flags as Bottas comes up on HAM... Its a real possibility looking at their pace.
He looked he was driving last years HAAS out there. George got way more pace than he did, imagine something is going on with the car.

As for that track I would say to expect a few more reds tomorrow.

Alright- I think everyone's aware that I'm a bit of a drunken degenerate. Also, very new to the sport.
I get that Leclerc and Verstappen are strong favorites, but it's auto racing- literally anything can happen. I find it crazy that the odds gap between the top two and the rest of the field is so large.

Let's say I bet $10 on everyone from Sainz to Alonso. $70 total. Maybe even throw Gasley in there. If Leclerc and Verstappen don't end up winning, one of those 7 or 8 almost certainly will. Right? Anyone besides Sainz and I'm money ahead. Am I missing something? lol

I didn't see the odds for the first race, but if Hamilton is going to be around +1000. Russel around +2500, I might bet them every week! lol I know they have issues right now, but I'm sure they'll turn it around. If Hamilton wins within the first 9 races, I'd be money ahead (if the odds stay the way they are now)

Do I need to be talked off this ledge?!

View attachment 215847
What you end up going with? I have Perez at +1800, 2nd place grid starter(Leclerc) at +300 and Sainz at +650 and then 3rd/4th grid +500. I assumed I would have everyone besides which of charles/max took pole but now ended up with a piece of all 4.

What you end up going with? I have Perez at +1800, 2nd place grid starter(Leclerc) at +300 and Sainz at +650 and then 3rd/4th grid +500. I assumed I would have everyone besides which of charles/max took pole but now ended up with a piece of all 4.
The week got away from me, I didn't end up laying anything. I tried to this morning during practice, but William Hill, Circa and Caesars had taken them down. Is that common? Lines up until the day of quali?

I like yours though, I'll be quietly rooting for Perez to bring you that +1800!

The week got away from me, I didn't end up laying anything. I tried to this morning during practice, but William Hill, Circa and Caesars had taken them down. Is that common? Lines up until the day of quali?

I like yours though, I'll be quietly rooting for Perez to bring you that +1800!
I just started betting it last week so still not sure of the behind the scenes stuff. I've got a a few miles away and have went and locked them in mid-week each time.

Mick is officially out for tomorrow, HAAS will run one car.
These teams have reserve drivers don't they? Do they only bring two cars to a race? I figured they'd have three or four.. (1 back up for each)

I just started betting it last week so still not sure of the behind the scenes stuff. I've got a a few miles away and have went and locked them in mid-week each time.

Is the word for a sports betting establishment banned here? lol

Mick is officially out for tomorrow, HAAS will run one car.
These teams have reserve drivers don't they? Do they only bring two cars to a race? I figured they'd have three or four.. (1 back up for each)
I believe they have enough spare parts that if they worked through the night they could have a car, but I believe there is some sort of rule that the driver has to be there for quali at a minimium. Or an exception if they are there for free practice but cant go to quali because of a mechanical issue they can still drive and start from pit lane.

I dont think the current rules allow for a reserve driver to be flown in during the middle of the night to jump behind the wheel for the first time on race day. A reserve driver would have to been lined up before quali1.

Could be wrong but that my understanding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom