F1 2022 Season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

F1 2022 Season

I believe they have enough spare parts that if they worked through the night they could have a car, but I believe there is some sort of rule that the driver has to be there for quali at a minimium. Or an exception if they are there for free practice but cant go to quali because of a mechanical issue they can still drive and start from pit lane.

I dont think the current rules allow for a reserve driver to be flown in during the middle of the night to jump behind the wheel for the first time on race day. A reserve driver would have to been lined up before quali1.

Could be wrong but that my understanding

Yea, now that I think about it for more than 3 seconds (which I should have done before I posted) it would be crazy to allow a reserve driver that didn't participate in qualifying to start a race.

It just hit me that I could probably google a lot of these questions lol but I appreciate the responses.

Is the word for a sports betting establishment banned here? lol
Thats an extremely weird word to be censored and removed. But yeah was supposed to be a book of sports.

Terrible luck for Checo there on pit timing.

New regs working, that was serious fun.

Feel horrible for Checo

Wth is going on with these cars though, 4 cars self implode on their own... Yuki Bottas Alonso Danny

Feel horrible for Checo

Wth is going on with these cars though, 4 cars self implode on their own... Yuki Bottas Alonso Danny
1st year with the changes, imagine that's going to go on til Summer break.

Feel horrible for Checo

The racing is so fun to watch this year, but there are clearly some issues that we may see all year long. I believe that is 7 cars who were DNF in first two weeks due to engine failure of some sort.

I like McLaren quite a bit and Danny Ric was having himself a great race all things considered and then it just died on him.

That was some entertaining stuff.
Those new (I think new) helmet cameras are absolutely awesome, imagine that camera in a defensive back's helmet?!

Like you mention above, super bummed for Checo, horrible timing for that crash but from what little I've seen of the sport, you should always be prepared for Latifi to crash at any minute ;)

I didn't expect Hamilton to make up as much ground as he did so quickly, I believe he was around 6th at the 20 lap mark? I wasn't too broken hearted when he missed that pit opportunity.

Was fun to see the Alpine drivers go at it a bit, both Alonso and Ocon are growing on me a little.

I'm telling ya, if I wasn't already all in with HAAS and KM, I'd be a Ferrari fan. I like everything about them, minus Binotto (and that's just because I don't know anything about him). Leclerc and Sainz are fun as heck to watch. I have a feeling that had Leclerc won and MV taken second, Max wouldn't have spent his interview talking about how great the racing was. (totally making assumptions here).

That's got to be a wild track to be flying around. Almost like being in a tube. It's not on iRacing yet, but whenever it pops up it will be interesting to run some laps on it.

As I mentioned, I was down with the flu all weekend, so I was able to watch two practices, quali and the race, all for the first time. Amazed at how little of each day it took, and how entertained I was throughout everything. I'm hooked guys.

Stumbled on "Grand Prix Driver" on Amazon. A 4 episode series that follows the McLaren team through the 2017 pre season. It was alright, finished the whole thing in 2 hours.

My biggest take away was Mclaren having issues with their Honda motor, and eventually leaving Honda for Renault in 2018. I wonder how many times they've kicked themselves over that move, after watching Red Bull win a championship with the Honda motor

Stumbled on "Grand Prix Driver" on Amazon. A 4 episode series that follows the McLaren team through the 2017 pre season. It was alright, finished the whole thing in 2 hours.

My biggest take away was Mclaren having issues with their Honda motor, and eventually leaving Honda for Renault in 2018. I wonder how many times they've kicked themselves over that move, after watching Red Bull win a championship with the Honda motor
I am sure they do n hindsight, but in 2018 Honda was not effective, and frankly there was no sign that they would be. It was Red Bull's involvement that pushed them over the hump. The biggest thing I look at is that the red bull car including the Honda engine is strong, but you can't just slap an engine in and it solves for everything. One interesting thing that factors in a lot this year is fuel. Seems Shell is ahead of the game on how to manage the fuel..

Fernando is also on Amazon Prime its free, Williams is on there too but it cost money. Senna is on there, is real good highly recommend. Schumacher is a must watch as well, made me feel so bad for Mick, he seems like a real good kid and that situation just sucks. I thought Crash and burn was meh... probably not worth the $.

Also with the engine freeze coming up in September I believe? The Merc power unit customers gotta be feeling real nervous. The Ferrari and Honda power units right now are clearly ahead and that freeze could be a problem. The back of the grid is almost all Merc customers.

Fernando is also on Amazon Prime its free, Williams is on there too but it cost money. Senna is on there, is real good highly recommend. Schumacher is a must watch as well, made me feel so bad for Mick, he seems like a real good kid and that situation just sucks. I thought Crash and burn was meh... probably not worth the $.

Also with the engine freeze coming up in September I believe? The Merc power unit customers gotta be feeling real nervous. The Ferrari and Honda power units right now are clearly ahead and that freeze could be a problem. The back of the grid is almost all Merc customers.

I watched Schumacher a month or so ago, which as you said makes me feel pretty bad for Mick and the family as a whole. I saw a quote today that I'll try to dig up and post here.

Edit- disregard deleted question, actually did a google search this time

I stayed up for first practice last night. Vettel was looking good his first race back until he lost his motor. Ferrari looked fast again but it seemed like every time I looked up one of them was sideways headed for the gravel. HAAS didn't have much to write home about, I think I saw they ended up 16 and 18 in the second practice. Hoping to catch a replay of that sometime today

I stayed up for first practice last night. Vettel was looking good his first race back until he lost his motor. Ferrari looked fast again but it seemed like every time I looked up one of them was sideways headed for the gravel. HAAS didn't have much to write home about, I think I saw they ended up 16 and 18 in the second practice. Hoping to catch a replay of that sometime today
HAAS is bound to come back to earth. They have speed, b ut they will struggle to deliver upgrades at the scale of other teams. They don't have a backup Chassis which shows how lean they run. Ferrari was fast as expected, but they were porpoising big time in FP2. Charles Leclerc always seems to push the limits in practice and quali. He always seems to be having spin outs and incidents. I followed some of the in car views and it is fascinating to hear that some of these laps that we all sit at home and compare are not at all comparable. We have no idea what their fuel loads are, and at times they are simply testing engine modes. So much goes into these tests. Now the final times certainly haver a lot to compare and are pretty indicative of the pace of each car/driver.

Pretty sure this is the big takeaway thus far. Seb practicing for his MotoGP debut
278058922_478463914058582_4678297490699630956_n.jpg

278159550_377865590869064_7889460280361985096_n.jpg

5k fine assessed

That was hilarious to watch live. First you had him running around with a fire extinguisher for about 5 minutes, then all of a sudden there he is flying down the track on a moped that he somehow acquired.
What a lame fine lol, I'm pretty sure all the cars were off the track!

Looks like Mclaren found a little pace at this track. Shouldn’t be surprised as it sounds like they are having issues with braking and maintaining speed in turns. This track is wide open for the most part.

Wish I didn't stay up for that drs train. Australia is always terrible. Not Monaco terrible but close enough.

Wish I didn't stay up for that drs train. Australia is always terrible. Not Monaco terrible but close enough.
Yeaa I wish I didn't convince the girl and my east coast brother to do the same. Hopefully I can keep them engaged for this weekend, though the schedule looks a little rough again.

Interested to experience my first "Sprint" weekend.

Been tossing on random F1 podcasts while working. So far have found the Ringer, and the Red Flags. Let me know if you have a favorite.

Sounds like some of the top teams are salty that HAAS put together a couple good weeks. I've seen folks calling the HAAS car the "White Ferrari" lol. Didn't Racing Point have this issue a couple years ago? Showed up in basically the previous year's Mercedes? What's the move here, if anything is proven? A fine? DQ?

Seems like HAAS being competitive would be good for F1. I'm glad to see they're (at least trying not to) pay back Mazipan's dad for the sponsorship money. With the growing US popularity, does anyone anticipate a major US company jumping on with HAAS in an effort to take them to the next level?

Yeaa I wish I didn't convince the girl and my east coast brother to do the same. Hopefully I can keep them engaged for this weekend, though the schedule looks a little rough again.

Been tossing on random F1 podcasts while working. So far have found the Ringer, and the Red Flags. Let me know if you have a favorite.

Sounds like some of the top teams are salty that HAAS put together a couple good weeks. I've seen folks calling the HAAS car the "White Ferrari" lol. Didn't Racing Point have this issue a couple years ago? Showed up in basically the previous year's Mercedes? What's the move here, if anything is proven? A fine? DQ?

Seems like HAAS being competitive would be good for F1. I'm glad to see they're (at least trying not to) pay back Mazipan's dad for the sponsorship money. With the growing US popularity, does anyone anticipate a major US company jumping on with HAAS in an effort to take them to the next level?
One of the biggest cry babbies about the "white Ferrari" is the architect behind the "Pink Mercedes". Its cringy. Yes I see where other teams could get pissy that HAAS has an office in Marinello and took in a ton of ex Ferrari employees who had to be let go because of the budget cap, but look at Redbull and their Jr Alpha Tauri, or Merc and Aston. Theyre not suppose to share but they all clearly have back channels.e It's fine, just pure saltyness. And if you also add the performance of Alfa I think a lot has more to do with Rari just hitting the PU dev outta the park.

I like HAAS but based on previous disasters with Rich Energy, the Mazepins, and Gene Haas's less than stellar reputation and law run-ins I could see some real big fish sponsors staying away even if they're real competitive. Could be wrong because winning does seem to cure all but just my take.

If F1 stops screwing around and actually lets Andretti in like they're practically begging for I could see them being the American team to rel in the big name sponsors. Andretti hasnt even flinched at the 200 million entry fee, they need to be let in. Rumors are Andretti is flush and could come in and be a real contender.

Not a podcast but even if you're not big into reddit the forumla 1 reddit is a great place.

The sprint races are alright. It gives me 3 F1 mornings instead of 2 (quali/sprint/race) so I'll always take that.

I have been listening to the Ringer F1 pod. Don't love it because it's cheesy half the time but it's still F1 content from an American perspective so I'll spend my time with it anyhow.

Teams are going to complain about any and every thing possible. If no one is complaining about what you're doing then you're irrelevant and not pushing the limits.

As Tango mentioned, there has been a lot of smoke over the last year or so that Andretti is trying to get into F1 and that they'd bring Colton Herta along as a driver. That would be really interesting. I was at the USGP in 2015 when Alexander Rossi had his best career finish, somewhere around 11th/12th which was the best finish by an American driver in ages.

The sprint races are alright. It gives me 3 F1 mornings instead of 2 (quali/sprint/race) so I'll always take that.

I have been listening to the Ringer F1 pod. Don't love it because it's cheesy half the time but it's still F1 content from an American perspective so I'll spend my time with it anyhow.

Teams are going to complain about any and every thing possible. If no one is complaining about what you're doing then you're irrelevant and not pushing the limits.

As Tango mentioned, there has been a lot of smoke over the last year or so that Andretti is trying to get into F1 and that they'd bring Colton Herta along as a driver. That would be really interesting. I was at the USGP in 2015 when Alexander Rossi had his best career finish, somewhere around 11th/12th which was the best finish by an American driver in ages.
What's fustrating is that supposedly F1 is waiting on Porsche and VW to make a decision on entry and has told Andretti they have to wait on that, but they're apparently just shopping for a current team. I'm all for putting more teams back on the grid, and I don't see how any fans wouldn't also want that. Adding to 2 more cars and 2 more driver seats needs to happen.

What's fustrating is that supposedly F1 is waiting on Porsche and VW to make a decision on entry and has told Andretti they have to wait on that, but they're apparently just shopping for a current team. I'm all for putting more teams back on the grid, and I don't see how any fans wouldn't also want that. Adding to 2 more cars and 2 more driver seats needs to happen.
Yeah, I think that's the problem too. The grid would start to be a mess if they expanded to 12 teams so I think adding one and someone buying 1 is about right. There were 11 teams when I started watching so not a big deal there.

I know I get too excited about FP1, but love waking up to HAAS 4th and 5th! Watching quali now

I know I get too excited about FP1, but love waking up to HAAS 4th and 5th! Watching quali now
Was just about to comment, quali looking real exciting. They're all so dam close

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom