Fan Fest: August 27 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Fan Fest: August 27

Ani ideas on what this can be used for?
View attachment 205100

You could use it to cover unsightly items in your yard, like one of those artificial landscaping rocks:

1630170108877.png

i know dino isnt really a fan of these type things and was only doing it because he was told
If puntapalooza was on purpose for this reason, I'm not ok with that.

It's really not hard to get people hyped up. Doesn't take much. Apparently it was too much though. It's dumb.

Again, I love Dino, and I want him to succeed and fully expect he gets us to 6 and a bowl, but if he doesn't and gets canned, punting :rim shot: on the chance to give the fans some optimism heading into the year can be part of the justification.

If puntapalooza was on purpose for this reason, I'm not ok with that.

It's really not hard to get people hyped up. Doesn't take much. Apparently it was too much though. It's dumb.

Again, I love Dino, and I want him to succeed and fully expect he gets us to 6 and a bowl, but if he doesn't and gets canned, punting :rim shot: on the chance to give the fans some optimism heading into the year can be part of the justification.
i can live with it this year as he has to win this year covid or not 1 good season out of 6 isnt going to cut it

I look at it a little bit like the early Coach Mac years. Struggle a little bit the first couple of years, with some flashes of hope (Nebraska = Clemson). Though Babers had Dungey, so even in 4-8 seasons, the “feel” was more exciting. Have a decent season and get to a bowl game. (1985 = 2018) Again with Dungey the team overachieved a little bit to get to 10-3. Have a setback year (1986) because of some injuries and bad luck, or in this case COVID and the inability to get players on the same page with new coordinators, etc.

Not saying this is 1987, I don’t know if we have a Don McPherson on the squad. But these things are not always linear. Young, successful DBs and LBs, and RBs suggest depth is achieved. WR seems to have numbers and talent, just have to get the offense clicking. DL is loaded and hopefully the super-seniors help get us through this season until the pups can step in next year. OL finally has bodies. Hopefully the new OL Coach can mold them into a cohesive unit. QB has some talent, but they desperately need the OL to perform. TE seems to have some talent and just needs someone to call their number. Overall the depth and talent level seem to suggest the team is better off than we have been in a while. I will never point to a supposedly “soft” schedule, because those things are fluid, and never play out as expected. But I’m optimistic that the potential is there to stabilize the program this year in contention for bowl games, and give HCDB something solid to build on. Go Orange!

I look at it a little bit like the early Coach Mac years. Struggle a little bit the first couple of years, with some flashes of hope (Nebraska = Clemson). Though Babers had Dungey, so even in 4-8 seasons, the “feel” was more exciting. Have a decent season and get to a bowl game. (1985 = 2018) Again with Dungey the team overachieved a little bit to get to 10-3. Have a setback year (1986) because of some injuries and bad luck, or in this case COVID and the inability to get players on the same page with new coordinators, etc.

Not saying this is 1987, I don’t know if we have a Don McPherson on the squad. But these things are not always linear. Young, successful DBs and LBs, and RBs suggest depth is achieved. WR seems to have numbers and talent, just have to get the offense clicking. DL is loaded and hopefully the super-seniors help get us through this season until the pups can step in next year. OL finally has bodies. Hopefully the new OL Coach can mold them into a cohesive unit. QB has some talent, but they desperately need the OL to perform. TE seems to have some talent and just needs someone to call their number. Overall the depth and talent level seem to suggest the team is better off than we have been in a while. I will never point to a supposedly “soft” schedule, because those things are fluid, and never play out as expected. But I’m optimistic that the potential is there to stabilize the program this year in contention for bowl games, and give HCDB something solid to build on. Go Orange!

I think 2019 was the 1986 year. We managed to win 5, but it was a pretty bad season coming off of 2018 (when you consider how lopsided some of the losses were to peer programs).

2020 was a one of a kind anomaly.

2021 is a fresh start, new coordinators have had plenty of time between last season, then spring, then summer. It would appear the team is unified again, no lack of leadership. Much more healthy. Can't wait to find out what happens.

You also had Moose, Drummond, Owens, Gregory, and a lot of other good players on that team.

You also had Moose, Drummond, Owens, Gregory, and a lot of other good players on that team.
True. A lot of good players and a lot of good coaches. Maybe 20 years from now, we will look back and say, “Man, that 2021 team had Garrett Williams, Mikel Jones, and Sean Tucker, and Chris Bleich and….” Time will tell.

how much different than most fan fests though? the ones they used to have back on the manley fields were pretty much the same and that was 15 yrs ago or so. these things are for kids not fans even if a few hundred hard core fans come expecting more.
I used to love those Manley ones when you went inside for dinner and each position coach would introduce all the players. I used to score major signatures.

I for one love the "for the kids" aspect that it usually is. That's how I became a fan. Those kids will someday become the new us.

I used to love those Manley ones when you went inside for dinner and each position coach would introduce all the players. I used to score major signatures.

I for one love the "for the kids" aspect that it usually is. That's how I became a fan. Those kids will someday become the new us.
Ugh... those poor kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom