Fan Fest: August 27 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Fan Fest: August 27

Went. Was disappointed in the lack of football activity. Expected little in the way of that and got less than I expected. But managed to enjoy myself and get out and do something different on a Friday night. No need to feel bad for me.

The fact you were disappointed says it all. Your as diehard as they come when it comes to this type of stuff, you get excited about seeing a rock that's shaped like the Dome. If you got less then you expected that's a real bad sign.

Last edited:
There’s a wide range of practice periods between a full contact scrimmage and 45 minutes of special teams work

I thought the whole point of fan fest was to get eyes on the team, the Dome reno and something for little kids. Im surprised how many people are butt hurt over this. How exciting would it be to watch positional drills for an hour?

I thought the whole point of fan fest was to get eyes on the team, the Dome reno and something for little kids. Im surprised how many people are butt hurt over this. How exciting would it be to watch positional drills for an hour?
Nothing for the kids. Just a boring practice in shorts , shirts and helmets

with the way the counties are going I wonder how they plan on enforcing the mask mandates being handed down. pretty clear they ignored it for this game with 500 people in there.
yea syracuse said masks were optional for vaccinated right before the event guessing county said it was ok

Sounded like you guys wanted a full blown scrimmage. They’re not going to do that a week before the game in front of reporters. Sounds like a little more 11 v 11 would’ve done the trick.

to be fair the release said nothing about anything for the kids it said open practice and explore the dome for the first time since the reno

Sounded like you guys wanted a full blown scrimmage. They’re not going to do that a week before the game in front of reporters. Sounds like a little more 11 v 11 would’ve done the trick.
Bingo.

maybe they are going to the onside every kick model and this was the test run.. He said they were trying new things.

Been trying to find that out for a while. Have not seen that posted anywhere on this board. It's strange we don't know who supplied and installed given the Carrier issue.
From my limited understanding, or at least what I was told, it was more of an upgrade of the existing chiller system and then using the existing air handlers to air condition The Dome.

i was slightly disappointed that there wasnt more offense vs defense, but part of that is my expectation as i know dino isnt really a fan of these type things and was only doing it because he was told were doing it since fans havent been able to attend since the wake forest walk off fumble return in 2019 and they should be able to see the renovations and as a plus for the mobile ticketing and cashless for the stadium workers this season. The stadium inside looked less like a dungeon and more like a home stadium, the people were nice, the concessions looked to be well done though i need to better familiarize myself on the tap to pay option with my google pay app as mine wouldnt work(could of been the card too) so i just inserted a cc instead.

about what I would’ve expected. Watching RVAs, OL doing two step blocking drills and DBs practicing back peddling. Yawn. Not sure at all why people expected more than what they got. I was just interested in hearing how guys looked and moved. Had no idea Elmore was slimmed down until last night.

Last edited:

I wasn’t there but from the sounds of it, I wish they did more with the kids.

Sounded like Dino just wanted to get it over with. I get it, he’s never been one to want to divulge anything and he’s coming off a 1 win season where everyone is questioning him. I still say secrets only take you so far but oh well.

No one will remember this in a week. Beat Ohio and really no one will remember. Lose to Ohio and the Dome advantage for the Rutgers game won’t be much different than last year’s games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom