Fan Fest: August 27 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Fan Fest: August 27

HCDB has the first games of the season next week following the 1-10 COVID season. He has a very young squad which includes a true freshman in an important backup role on the OL which is coached by a new, while experienced, coach.

Turning this program around has to include enough wins to enable our coaches to recruit at a higher level.

Clemson, the clear leader of the pack in ACC football has a seriously deep and talented squad.

During their scrimmage they sustained injuries and their back ups are also very talented.

Having a scrimage may have led to injuries to important starters; could Coach Babers afford that? Coach Sweeney can; he’s playing with a different deck.

Could they have come up with something more creative to engage those in attendance, yes.

It is what it was.

HCDB deserves a true chance to win; if he doesn’t, history will report that out.

Let’s get behind our team and hope they are able to craft together a good season.

Go Orange!

I got a little local tv time if you were watching local coverage of Fanfest. Look for the interview with the Orange blob cw6

My take:
Boring as hell
Sound system is terrible
Tried to look up at the pennants and was blinded by the lights
Ive never seen so many onside kicks in my life
AC is nice
There is draft beer at the concessions
Amazing center field display. Crystal clear
Repilca tins of the Dome . … don’t know what to say
TD can sling it. For the 5 minutes we were allowed to see it
90% of people didn’t wear a mask

Overall…ugh

Last edited:
My take:
Boring as hell
Sound system is terrible
AC is nice

Overall…ugh
Agree with everything except the last line. I thought a majority of people were wearing mask in concourse and bathrooms. Seemed to take them off when in their seats.
What is the official policy?

My take:
Boring as hell
Sound system is terrible
AC is nice

Overall…ugh

Agree with everything except the last line. I thought a majority of people were wearing mask in concourse and bathrooms. Seemed to take them off when in their seats.
What is the official policy?

Important Event Information

Masks will be required for unvaccinated patrons at the event. Fully vaccinated fans are not required to mask, however all fans are always welcome to do so and is highly recommended. All attendance and masking policies are subject to change with public health guidance and policies.

syracuse put out a release at 330 to me saying the above

Ani ideas on what this can be used for?
2326A6B1-73F5-447C-B024-1CEB5CB7672D.jpeg

I'm sure it's posted somewhere but I definitely missed it...what company installed the air conditioning?
Been trying to find that out for a while. Have not seen that posted anywhere on this board. It's strange we don't know who supplied and installed given the Carrier issue.

My take:
Boring as hell
Sound system is terrible
AC is nice

Overall…ugh

Draft beer you say?

For someone with an ESPN background, it’s amazing Wildhack hasn’t completely gutted and rebuilt our marketing and communications departments. Both are terrible and have been for a while.
We don’t have a marketing department. We don’t even have a budget for marketing.

My take:
Boring as hell
Sound system is terrible
AC is nice

Overall…ugh

If you are talking about the interviews, again it wasn’t the sound system, it was the mics. When they were playing music it was fine.

If you are talking about the interviews, again it wasn’t the sound system, it was the mics. When they were playing music it was fine.

Carlson tweeted that the PA system sounded terrible. Was Mr. Excitement doing anything from the PA, or was it all people on mics?

Carlson tweeted that the PA system sounded terrible. Was Mr. Excitement doing anything from the PA, or was it all people on mics?
No problem hearing the music and I think the pa was clear, field mics were a mess

HCDB has the first games of the season next week following the 1-10 COVID season. He has a very young squad which includes a true freshman in an important backup role on the OL which is coached by a new, while experienced, coach.

Turning this program around has to include enough wins to enable our coaches to recruit at a higher level.

Clemson, the clear leader of the pack in ACC football has a seriously deep and talented squad.

During their scrimmage they sustained injuries and their back ups are also very talented.

Having a scrimage may have led to injuries to important starters; could Coach Babers afford that? Coach Sweeney can; he’s playing with a different deck.

Could they have come up with something more creative to engage those in attendance, yes.

It is what it was.

HCDB deserves a true chance to win; if he doesn’t, history will report that out.

Let’s get behind our team and hope they are able to craft together a good season.

Go Orange!
I was never advertised as more than a practice, they just could have done more non contact offense vs defense than they did

with the way the counties are going I wonder how they plan on enforcing the mask mandates being handed down. pretty clear they ignored it for this game with 500 people in there.

It's been the MO for awhile now, I feel bad for people who went put of there way to attend this.
Went. Was disappointed in the lack of football activity. Expected little in the way of that and got less than I expected. But managed to enjoy myself and get out and do something different on a Friday night. No need to feel bad for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom