Fantasy Baseball | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Baseball

So we are into May. From the looks of the amount of transactions so far most everyone looks pretty active.

With that being said:
How is everyone feeling about there teams?
Are any FA pickups playing well for you?
Is your rotation better or worse than you expected?
Are you looking to strengthen any positions moving forward?

I'm Vlad the Impaler. I got a major boost when I was able to pick up Jose Fernandez off waivers. Not sure why anyone would drop him when we have two DL spots.

My offense has underperformed, majorly. I need some speed on my team. People laughed when I took A-Rod with my last round pick, but he's been my third best hitter at this point in the year. V-Mart has underperformed majorly. I think his knee is still an issue. I cannot get Pence back soon enough.

I'm happy overall with my team, and my pitching is only going to improve as guys like Zimmerman, Ross and Hughes level out a bit. Glad I bit the bullet and dropped Mejia and added Familia. As a Mets fan, that's worked out in fantasy and real life!

I'm Vlad the Impaler. I got a major boost when I was able to pick up Jose Fernandez off waivers. Not sure why anyone would drop him when we have two DL spots.

My offense has underperformed, majorly. I need some speed on my team. People laughed when I took A-Rod with my last round pick, but he's been my third best hitter at this point in the year. V-Mart has underperformed majorly. I think his knee is still an issue. I cannot get Pence back soon enough.

I'm happy overall with my team, and my pitching is only going to improve as guys like Zimmerman, Ross and Hughes level out a bit. Glad I bit the bullet and dropped Mejia and added Familia. As a Mets fan, that's worked out in fantasy and real life!
That was me. I had more DL guys than DL spots and thought Fernandez was far away.

So we are into May. From the looks of the amount of transactions so far most everyone looks pretty active.

With that being said:
How is everyone feeling about there teams?
Are any FA pickups playing well for you?
Is your rotation better or worse than you expected?
Are you looking to strengthen any positions moving forward?

I feel like my team sucks, and so far the record reflects it. My rotation has struggled and fortunately I grabbed Colon after his first start and has given me a decent starter. I overreached on a couple closers early that haven't totally lived up to billing, and my top 2 starters I drafted (Sale and Samardzija) have struggled (too many White Sox). So if anyone is interested in trading me any good players for any of my bad ones, I'll listen. :(

So if anyone is interested in trading me any good players for any of my bad ones, I'll listen. :(

You're so right. In particular, that Giancarlo Stanton really sucks. Fortunately for you, I've got Ben Revere just itchin' to be traded.

Should I go ahead and just post the transaction now?

You're so right. In particular, that Giancarlo Stanton really sucks. Fortunately for you, I've got Ben Revere just itchin' to be traded.

Should I go ahead and just post the transaction now?

Some wise guy already posted a trade for him, but quickly cancelled it on their own so I didn't have to reject it myself. He might be the one untouchable on my roster. I swear I'm the cooler for any fantasy player. I thought I was good at C this year when I grabbed Yadi, but he's been horrible. I think I'm just drafting Red Sox next year to ensure them having a totally sh**#ty year. Had Pedroia and that little did nothing last year.

I'm pretty happy with my team despite Kershaw being slightly human so far this year. I'm a little worried about my starting pitching after Kershaw, Cueto and Richards with Lackey, Chen and Harang so if anyone is trading starting pitching, Seems like there is usally at least one starting pitcher I can grab off the waiver wire who comes out of nowhere to have a good year- I grabbed Patrick Corbin and RA Dickey like that. But I haven't found him this year so far. I think Devon Travis might be a steal pickup off waivers for me. Nelson Cruz and Adrian Gonzalez have pretty much carried my team's offense.

I knew that SS was pretty scarce, yet still waited & took Elvis Andrus. I wish Elvis would leave the building. His (more or less) one steal a week hardly compensates for his BA, OPS and total lack of pop.

My pitching's pretty solid. Definitely willing to deal a quality starter for some pop.

Some wise guy already posted a trade for him, but quickly cancelled it on their own so I didn't have to reject it myself. He might be the one untouchable on my roster. I swear I'm the cooler for any fantasy player. I thought I was good at C this year when I grabbed Yadi, but he's been horrible. I think I'm just drafting Red Sox next year to ensure them having a totally sh**#ty year. Had Pedroia and that little did nothing last year.

(Raises Hand). I thought Harper and Zimmerman for Stanton and Sale was actually a pretty decent trade. There's a very good chance Zimmerman is the better pitcher the rest of the way than Sale, and with Harper scoring lots of runs, he's not as far away from Stanton as you would have thought.

(Raises Hand). I thought Harper and Zimmerman for Stanton and Sale was actually a pretty decent trade. There's a very good chance Zimmerman is the better pitcher the rest of the way than Sale, and with Harper scoring lots of runs, he's not as far away from Stanton as you would have thought.

This is probably true, but I'd feel like I'd be selling way too low on Sale. I deleted the emails and couldn't remember who else was offered with Zimmerman before I could really take a look a the numbers. Regardless, not sure I would feel good about moving Stanton.

Crushed the league last year? Clown comment. I dominated all the way until the championship game until my whole roster has TJ Surgery.

See you in the ship again.

Which team are you again? I'm the team that's in first place.

With the all-star break right around the corner, how are people feeling about their seasons so far?

With the all-star break right around the corner, how are people feeling about their seasons so far?
Honestly, I'm surprised I've been as competitive as I have. Loooooot of injuries. Really imbalanced team.

Which team are you again? I'm the team that's in first place.

Celebrating you are in first before the ASB (especially when you are only 4 games ahead) is like being the tallest midget my man. We'll see what happens at the end of the season.

I'm pretty happy so far with 3rd place. I'm doing better than last year at least. But my goodness, my guys just cannot hit for average. You would think a couple guys would go on a hot streak for a week to carry me through. AJ Pollock is turning out to be a steal for me. Adrian Beltre has been a huge disappointment.

My pitching is holding up okay considering Kershaw is not having a Kershaw like year, as in he is almost human :)

If anyone is interesting in Reddick or Maybin from my team, throw me an offer. Both having solid years, but I don't have room for them in my lineup.

It's been a real interesting time with this many teams in the league. Very happy with my pitching staff. OF needs some work still - which is hard to do through FA.

I've had to deal with too many injuries to my pitching staff, and Robinson Cano is absolutely killing me. Other than that I think the best is yet to come.

Celebrating you are in first before the ASB (especially when you are only 4 games ahead) is like being the tallest midget my man. We'll see what happens at the end of the season.

You still haven't named your team...you must be in the bottom 1/2 of the league standings. ;)

Last edited:
Harper is carrying my team, but I've gotten some unlikely contributions from folks like A-Rod and Kipnis despite injuries to 2/3 of my starting OF (Pence & Dickerson).

I'm pleasantly surprised by my pitching. King Felix, Liriano, Ross and Zimmerman are anchoring my staff, with Jose F and Syndergaard providing mid-season boosts. Every season I also play the saves game and wait until the last few rounds to pick closers or just get them off the scrap heap in FA. Getting Familia and Boxberger have been huge.

But the most important contributor on my team this year has to be A-Rod. I took him as a somewhat joke with my last round pick, but he's been an absolute monster for my team this year.

You still haven't named your team...you must be in the bottom 1/2 of the league standings. ;)

You can easily figure out my team. You seem smart. I think you'll know eventually.

First off, thank you for denying that Noah - Matz trade, due to fat fingers. Looks like a wash anyways. I will always keep those two Matz games in my heart.

Anyways, I am in need of a closer. Anyone bullpen heavy willing to wheel and deal?

Good luck in the second half to all but my opponent that week.

I wouldn't mind picking up another closer also for the right price if someone wants to throw an offer my way. Hopefuly Papelbon gets traded to a dang winner to help me and the Astros don't fall off but I'm nervous about that. Holland has been a little unsteadier than normal this year for me also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom