Favorite whistle of the game ... | Syracusefan.com

Favorite whistle of the game ...

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
when the ref blew the whistle for dribbling the ball ... we had to stop play and take it from out of bounds ... that was hilarious

when the ref blew the whistle for dribbling the ball ... we had to stop play and take it from out of bounds ... that was hilarious

Like Thurs night when they put Dieng on the line and he missed the first free throw, than they decided it should have been Behanan and they then call a do over on the first free throw. Refereeing has been brutal.

LOL on that call, I was like - why don't we get a new shot clock. The f-ing refs burned 13 seconds of our shot clock, stopped play on a drive to the basket, then said sike!!

I think around 4.35 first half, ball goes out of bounds on Thomas 100% no SU player within 20 feet. Ref on base line takes like 20 seceonds to give the ball to SU.

I think around 4.35 first half, ball goes out of bounds on Thomas 100% no SU player within 20 feet. Ref on base line takes like 20 seceonds to give the ball to SU.

Didn't they ultimately give the ball to OSU on that play?

what about the first call on keita? he is standing there with his hands up in the air..sullinger (before he picked up his second) just takes a shot..misses badly..falls forward into keita..a few seconds go by...and the ref decides sullinger couldnt have possibly missed that bad and keita must have fouled him.

AND WHAT ABOUT THE PLAY WHERE TRICHE SHOULD HAVE HAD AN AND ONE INSTEAD THEY CALLED A CHARGE..THOMAS WAS BOTH INSIDE THE ARC AND MOVING..INSTEAD IT IS NO POINTS FOR US AND A TECHNICAL FOUL ON CUSE

My favorite whistle of the game was in the 2nd half when an official blew the whistle and they had to stop play because it was inadvertant. I guess he didn't realize Syracuse had the ball.

Is that the one where they threw it out of bounds? Decided they were wrong, gave it to us, realized they were about to make a correct call, and said THAT and gave it back to Ohio State?

I thought UL was getting hosed pretty bad in their game against Florida and was pretty happy because I figured there was no way we would have back to back games with horrendous officiating - I was wrong.

My favorite: BT drives into the lane, big man slaps his arm, third defender slides into restricted area late, BT still finishes - OFFENSIVE FOUL!

Bravo! You got 3 calls wrong on one play. A historic moment and well deserved by this crew.

You missed:
  1. Initial foul on the arm
  2. It was a block not a charge
  3. Restricted area
You had a 75% chance of getting that right and you still messed it up.

what about the first call on keita? he is standing there with his hands up in the air..sullinger (before he picked up his second) just takes a shot..misses badly..falls forward into keita..a few seconds go by...and the ref decides sullinger couldnt have possibly missed that bad and keita must have fouled him.

AND WHAT ABOUT THE PLAY WHERE TRICHE SHOULD HAVE HAD AN AND ONE INSTEAD THEY CALLED A CHARGE..THOMAS WAS BOTH INSIDE THE ARC AND MOVING..INSTEAD IT IS NO POINTS FOR US AND A TECHNICAL FOUL ON CUSE

or when Sullinger jump steps into the lane, is falling backwards and Keita doesn't even jump - clearly has his hand on the ball and nothing else - and they call Keita for a foul. That was another beauty.

Yes. And they did it to Dion also. defender was in the charge circle both times. Killer calls. But whatever, I hate the idea of just looking like we are blaming the refs. We had those 4 turnovers in 6 crunch time possessions to make good and we couldn't do it.

or when Sullinger jump steps into the lane, is falling backwards and Keita doesn't even jump - clearly has his hand on the ball and nothing else - and they call Keita for a foul. That was another beauty.

Or Rak's first foul in the second half where they showed the replay and X-Mas was never close to touching him. That was a nice one as well.

They had one more foul after that and then they stopped showing replays of the fouls we were committing. Good choice.

They never showed the replay on Dion's charge so I didn't know if the guy was in the circle or not but he sure looked like he was real deep when Dion hit him.

They never showed the replay on Dion's charge so I didn't know if the guy was in the circle or not but he sure looked like he was real deep when Dion hit him.

That was when they stopped showing replays.

You're talking about the one where Craft was standing under the hoop? Dion was pointing to the circle - not definitive, but he seemed pretty sure.

The two charge circle calls were close calls, but they were blocks. Its not a judgment call on those. If any part of the defender's body is breaking the plane made by the paint mark of the charge circle, it's a block. But I'm still hating that we are griping so much. I was pissed when UNC-A did it and I was pissed when Bo Ryan did it. It just never looks good.

You're talking about the one where Craft was standing under the hoop? Dion was pointing to the circle - not definitive, but he seemed pretty sure.
Dion was adamant (sp?) that it should have been blocking ... he was never the same after that

Yeah that one.

The other one I can see plain as day was 2nd half Sullinger lowers his shoulder into Keita. Keita ends up on the floor. No call, Sullinger lay in. Live I thought it was a play on. But on replay I didn't realize how blantantly Sullinger lowered his shoulder into Keita's chest. It should've been an offensive foul no question.

The two charge circle calls were close calls, but they were blocks. Its not a judgment call on those. If any part of the defender's body is breaking the plane made by the paint mark of the charge circle, it's a block. But I'm still hating that we are griping so much. I was pissed when UNC-A did it and I was pissed when Bo Ryan did it. It just never looks good.

Bo Ryan had no right to gripe.

UNCA had a little bit of a right to gripe. Although it turned out the free throw was the right call. That BT out of bounds call was still wrong imo. I can handle the other team b*tching if they're right. West Virginia got hosed against us too - they should have had a tie game. Maybe we still win it in OT or the last possession, but they could b*tch because the officials messed up.

Although those were a few calls at the end of games, not quite the same as seemingly getting more than half of your calls wrong for an entire game.

Yeah that one.

The other one I can see plain as day was 2nd half Sullinger lowers his shoulder into Keita. Keita ends up on the floor. No call, Sullinger lay in. Live I thought it was a play on. But on replay I didn't realize how blantantly Sullinger lowered his shoulder into Keita's chest. It should've been an offensive foul no question.
then on the following possession he lowers his should into KJO and there is no call

Oh, I forgot about the other phantom Scoop foul.

He had the one directly in front of Jimmy (#3), but #2 was just as bad. Craft is dribbling past him, on the opposite end of the court, they brush against each other - FOUL!

The truly outstanding part is that Craft had spent the previous 25 minutes with 10 times that much contact every time he was the on-ball defender without a call. Even Raftery had to laugh at that one....

I liked when Dion picked up a foul on the press when he didnt even touch the guy. That was almost as fun as when they threw the ball to Sullinger, he caught it and they just randomly called a foul on Keita...2 free points for you sir!

I liked when Dion picked up a foul on the press when he didnt even touch the guy. That was almost as fun as when they threw the ball to Sullinger, he caught it and they just randomly called a foul on Keita...2 free points for you sir!

Forgot about that one on Keita!

JB actually started smiling on that one. They finally broke him. If that's a foul than Sullinger committed approximately 48 offensive fouls today.

The fact this thread has been up for 10 minutes and there is already 10 legitimate horrible calls that severely affected the game tells you all you need to know.

I really dont care if we sound like crybabies, I hope those referees end up in a real life version of Final Destination.

I liked Sully tripping over his own feet, and Baye getting called for a foul. Most protected player in the NCAA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom