FB observation/question | Syracusefan.com

FB observation/question

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
From the rumblings about who is going to be on the staff, it appears that HCFB is a guy who others have been waiting for to get a HC job. He seems to be a guy to whom other coaches gravitate.
Anyone get the sense that, as far as we can tell so far, ADJW has hit an absolute home-run, and that this guy will be putting SU back into the CFB story sooner, rather than later?

From the rumblings about who is going to be on the staff, it appears that HCFB is a guy who others have been waiting for to get a HC job. He seems to be a guy to whom other coaches gravitate.
Anyone get the sense that, as far as we can tell so far, ADJW has hit an absolute home-run, and that this guy will be putting SU back into the CFB story sooner, rather than later?
He has worked under highly regarded coaches who generally win, and who themselves learned under highly regarded, winning coaches.

He is clearly coming to work hard and prove himself.

I'm most interested to see how he runs his program. I think it's going to be closer to Doug than Dino.

He seems like a coach that Dan V will want to play for in terms of creating a culture and changing attitudes and performance.

He appears to be filling out a staff full of younger up and coming coaches hungry to prove themselves and make a name.

I think we need to be ready to accept that he is going to surround himself with talented guys with potential, that will be poached.

And I am 100% on board with it.

The being a HC that coaches and players gravitate to would be a huge plus.

I say this because somebody can have a plan for example getting coach X, Y and Z to be his OC, DC and lead recruiter and if 2 of those guys change their minds for some reason can he adapt and still get quality coaches to fill his staff? If he can, we have a winner.

So far, this hire looks like a very good one and I am cautiously optimistic. I want to wait until the coaches / staff is finalized and see wins with a bowl game next year. Then we can say this was a success but I am very optimistic with HCFB as it appears to be a big upgrade to what we have had. I would really like E. Robinson as the AHC/DC but out bidding A&M will be tough.

Really curious what happens on the S&C side. Would be disappointed if SE was retained.

Really curious what happens on the S&C side. Would be disappointed if SE was retained.

I don’t think he will be, haven’t there been a few names mentioned? I think there’s enough smoke.

Regardless, I think whatever Brown learned at Georgia will be the asset. S&C guy will execute on Brown’s vision.

So far, this hire looks like a very good one and I am cautiously optimistic. I want to wait until the coaches / staff is finalized and see wins with a bowl game next year. Then we can say this was a success but I am very optimistic with HCFB as it appears to be a big upgrade to what we have had. I would really like E. Robinson as the AHC/DC but out bidding A&M will be tough.
Yes, we could wait until we see wins and a bowl game, but we will know a lot when we see the OC & DC, success in retaining the better players we have, success in the portal, success in completing the 2024 class. Step by step. All the off-season developments that build the 2 deep and give SU a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom