FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

This is focused around Adidas schools. If I recall arak was a very late flip from Georgetown who is also a Nike school. Malachi wasn't exactly a blue chip recruit. The only one that would worry me is McCullough but I really remember little about his recruitment.
And McCullough committed early, didn't he? It seems that the guys getting paid hold out for the best offer.

Maybe the FBI should be investigating the NCAA too, no?

Can only imagine how widespread this is in CBB, let along CFB.

Obviously big news around here. I liked their bball program behind the Cuse, but this is just stupid and I'm sick of this . Time for some house cleaning at least.

Hmm what other schools did players repped by that place that got raided play at? I am lazy and refuse to look it up.

Precipitated by one and done and the AAU meat market. The AAU and its coaches is directly involved in pimping athletes to colleges and shoe companies. This all started with Sonny "the ray" Vaccaro and a host of shady characters back in the 70s. The NCAA has been infiltrated by a crop of thugs that shield the blue bloods in bball and fball from any schools that challenge them. The whole system is corrupt.

1wl7rv.jpg

More than a few years. When I worked in banking in the late 80's-early 90's, this law was in effect. Indeed, banks look for patterns of any transactions consistently under $10k, both in-bound and out-bound, and will flag accounts to the FBI/SService if they think something's fishy.

Didn't the 10k threshold start as part of the war on drugs and the money laundering. I thought it was basically the result of chasing the Escobar/Medellin and Cali cartels?

Last edited:
My sister in law had a big thing with an Uncle who gave her $100k to purchase her NYC apartment a few years ago. He refused to pay the taxes on it, and she had to pay them. She is a corporate attorney. That is where I get this from.
Is it a gift or mortgage fraud?

I assume she declared the "gift"...seen a few people have issues with this in the past.

These people were thinking they needed to hide the money from the NCAA, not the FBI. Whole 'nother level of deceit required for the latter.

I totally get that, and agree 100%. Funny thing is a guy I met at ABCD way back in 2001 outlined this exact scenario to me (assistant coach bribe/sneaker company payments to players/coach to agent recommendation) as one of the ways that coaches cheat in recruiting, and I never really thought about the legality of how the money is laundered/delivered/tax evaded. I'd guess many of the assistant coaches involved in this didn't give it much thought either.

They seem to have guys from a lot of different schools. But hate seeing three of ours with them.
Not only three commits but a couple others we went down to the wire to try to get signed.

These assistants are gonna reach plea deals to bring down others. That will include "our much beloved" Coach L.

For you guys worried about the SU ties to ASM, keep in mind ASM also represents one or two Kentucky players.

I am not worried. Christmas and McCullough were early solid commits, and there wasn't much competition for Malachi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom