FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

I am not worried. Christmas and McCullough were early solid commits, and there wasn't much competition for Malachi.

Right. Actually re: Mali. I don't really remember his recruitment very well. Where else was he considering?

Not only three commits but a couple others we went down to the wire to try to get signed.
Exactly. I won't name names. But this validates our concerns the past few years about kids we've had a great relationship with, only to have them mysteriously veer off course late in the recruiting cycle towards a few certain schools with no prior involvment.

Last edited:
Nerlens Noel has been on my mind after reading all the pages in this thread. Didn't he come down to two schools, us and Kentucky?
The Noel thread on here was nuts the night he committed. It was supposed to be Georgetown up until literally 10 minutes before the announcement

1wl9is.jpg

i have so many questions right now regarding the ramifications of the scandal on the upcoming season...

Has Pitino coached his last game? Will the players not named in the scandal but on the implicated teams be permitted to transfer? Will the players involved be ruled ineligible?

How can this possibly be resolved before the season begins?

i have so many questions right now regarding the ramifications of the scandal on the upcoming season...

Has Pitino coached his last game? Will the players not named in the scandal but on the implicated teams be permitted to transfer? Will the players involved be ruled ineligible?

The easiest question to answer is the implicated players - it seems fairly obvious they will be ruled ineligible - Bowen, Quinerly, Lonnie Walker (?). As far as the rest of your questions, way too early to tell. It is safe to say that Pitino (and Jurdich I assume) is gone though.

Some guesses:

Pitino is gone by midnight madness.
NCAA doesn't make any special dispensations for anyone indirectly affected by this, however innocent.
In general NCAA says it has to do its own review and does not impose any school penalties this year. Several schools self-impose sanctions.

Some players are ruled ineligible. Several schools prophylactically keep guys out.

The NCAA makes everything worse.

Pitino and Louisville sue each other.

Some head coach gets charged criminally.

Unless more come outs, no one does more than six months in jail.

More than a few years. When I worked in banking in the late 80's-early 90's, this law was in effect. Indeed, banks look for patterns of any transactions consistently under $10k, both in-bound and out-bound, and will flag accounts to the FBI/SService if they think something's fishy.
Yep it's BSA/AML. Fincen CTR

Some guesses:

Pitino is gone by midnight madness.
NCAA doesn't make any special dispensations for anyone indirectly affected by this, however innocent.
In general NCAA says it has to do its own review and does not impose any school penalties this year. Several schools self-impose sanctions.

Some players are ruled ineligible. Several schools prophylactically keep guys out.

The NCAA makes everything worse.

Pitino and Louisville sue each other.

Some head coach gets charged criminally.

Unless more come outs, no one does more than six months in jail.

What we could see happening is the FBI offering deals to these 10 already mentioned to give more names - which they comply with - and that is the scary snowball. There is almost no chance this stops at 10. Especially if people start talking to lessen any possible sentence they get

The easiest question to answer is the implicated players - it seems fairly obvious they will be ruled ineligible - Bowen, Quinerly, Lonnie Walker (?). As far as the rest of your questions, way too early to tell. It is safe to say that Pitino (and Jurdich I assume) is gone though.
Another interesting question is what happens to '18 and '19 recruits that were promised cash but didn't receive it. Now they're looking at a different set of college choices -- a list with NO CASH. On the one hand, that could help us. On the other hand, although they probably didn't commit a crime, would we still want them on our team? Interesting new ROE's in place post-scandal.

I think I have this right...but if not please correct any errors you see

Adidas Schools

Louisville
Miami FL

NC St.
Indiana
Nebraska
Rutgers
Kansas
Arizona St.
Texas A&M

Nike Schools
Clemson
Duke
Florida St.
North Carolina
Pitt
Syracuse
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Illinois
Iowa
Michigan
Mich St.
Minnesota
OSU
Penn St
Purdue
Baylor
Iowa St.
Kansas St.
Oklahoma
Ok St.
Texas
TCU
WVU
Arizona
Colorado
Oregon
Oregon St.
Stanford
USC
Washington
Washington St.
Alabama
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
LSU
Missouri
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Under Armour
South Carolina
Auburn

California
UCLA
Utah
Notre Dame
Texas Tech
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Maryland
Boston College

Russel Athletic
Georgia Tech

Rutgers made the Adidas list ? What did they give them...two pennies to rub together or Kenny two pennies?

Louisville getting a crack search committee together as we speak

I actually like Louisville..love their fans as most are pretty cool...this has to suck for them. Louisville is a great city that really supports their teams.
enhanced-buzz-16094-1365708092-18.jpg
You're on another roll tonight ("crack search team" lol).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom