FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Nerlens Noel has been on my mind after reading all the pages in this thread. Didn't he come down to two schools, us and Kentucky?
I happened to live 3 doors down from the Noel family in Everett MA back then and can tell u with certainty they were not given cash. I feel I failed us all because I used to jab the kid daily about picking Cuse and then he went UK. This is a real nice kid and family though and were not hurting for money. I would be floored if they took a bag of cash. Floored.

Isn't Adidas a public stock company? I think they are w/o looking it up.

If so this could get real messy for them and the feds will be chasing down every penny and how it was given away.NCAA is way out of their league on this and how Adidas will be investigated.
I'm thinking it'll be a great buy down the line... kids are gonna love ADIDAS.

I'd like to review the complaints again (has anyone seen any but the Chuck Person complaint??) but I thought the working theory was they were essentially agents of the government (via institution taking federal funds) and used their position at the university for ill gotten gains? I thought they were charged under 18 USC 666, right?

All of the complaints are here: Press Conference Advisory

I had actually only see the gotto one. I agree the person complaint is more straightforward tho a six month over under there seems about right.

They represent Christmas, McCullough, and Richardson.

(Among others www.asmsports.com/asm-family )
I took a quick look at their client list.
With the caveat that I did this really fast while watching baseball, here are the schools that appear more than once.
For those that want to see the full list: ASMClients

Current Clients Only
Florida (3): Erik Murphy, Marreese Speights, Scottie Wilbekin
Syracuse (3): Chris McCullough, Malachi Richardson, Rakeem Christmas
Clemson (2): KJ McDaniels, Trevor Booker
Florida St. (2): Malik Beasley, Okaro White
Kentucky (2): Jodie Meeks, Marquis Teague
Oklahoma St. (2): James Anderson, Markel Brown
Xavier (2): Jordan Crawford, Semaj Christon

Current & Past Clients (some of these guys have gone to other agencies, some are retired)
Florida (4): Erik Murphy, Marreese Speights, Scottie Wilbekin, Michael Frazier II
Kentucky (4): Jodie Meeks, Marquis Teague, Nerlens Noel, Ron Mercer
Syracuse (4): Chris McCullough, Malachi Richardson, Rakeem Christmas, John Wallace
Clemson (2): KJ McDaniels, Trevor Booker
Colorado (2): Alec Burks, Chauncey Billups
Florida St. (2): Malik Beasley, Okaro White
Indiana (2): Troy Williams, Jared Jeffries
LSU (2): Jarell Martin, Justin Hamilton
Oklahoma St. (2): James Anderson, Markel Brown
Texas (2): Myles Turner, Daniel Gibson
UNC (2): Brice Johnson, Brendan Haywood
Villanova (2): Kyle Lowry, Malik Allen
Xavier (2): Jordan Crawford, Semaj Christon

*edited for wrong info on Okaro White

Last edited:
Reading the affidavit, half of this stuff sounds like mafia dealings.

Everyone involved in this kind of thing pretends they're in the movies or a Soprano. I had a colleague caught up in an insider trading thing. These geniuses in their late 20's were wiretapped and sounded like morons. The transcripts were online and it was comical.

I happened to live 3 doors down from the Noel family in Everett MA back then and can tell u with certainty they were not given cash. I feel I failed us all because I used to jab the kid daily about picking Cuse and then he went UK. This is a real nice kid and family though and were not hurting for money. I would be floored if they took a bag of cash. Floored.
I know I heard Kentucky hasn't needed to drop a bag in five years

Interested in a bridge?
Brooklyn_Bridge_Postdlf.jpg

All of the complaints are here: Press Conference Advisory

I had actually only see the gotto one. I agree the person complaint is more straightforward tho a six month over under there seems about right.
Is this thing really about penalties or more just a big headline? That's the part I don't get.

Something happened with Nerlens. I was on this site the night he announced his commitment and Jake had him pegged for Georgetown then he picks UK. Quade was coming here until 3 days before he announced his commitment. I’m not sure what goes on there, but it’s something!

If you're being thruthful, then cool. However, it really irrks me when people come on here and say things like "I can tell you with certainty" when you know very well you can't. You even say so yourself with "I would be floored if they took a bag of cash". Okay, on one hand you are absolutely certain and then a couple thoughts later and you would be floored if it happened? Makes sense.

I think there WILL be a housecleaning at the 'Ville tom'w. I loved the item in the Louisville Courier-Journal that AD Jurich was 'out of town and unavailable for comment'. Because, of course, there is no phone contact possible outside of Louisville. Unless he was in Puerto Rico, he was available for comment, but was staying away from any conceivable communications device.

If you're being thruthful, then cool. However, it really irrks me when people come on here and say things like "I can tell you with certainty" when you know very well you can't. You even say so yourself with "I would be floored if they took a bag of cash". Okay, on one hand you are absolutely certain and then a couple thoughts later and you would be floored if it happened? Makes sense.

Guys just giving us some insight. Take it easy. Agree certainty is a bit strong but it's the internet and we all know nobody is 100% I like the war stories

I am confident we are clear on this stuff.

Pitino is done tomorrow.
Bowen has to be declared ineligible.

UL should sit out the season. For the sake of the program long term.

The ACC teams could play an extra game against each other at mutually beneficial times.

At the turn of the century, Louisville was a nondescript, vagabond athletics program. Both their football and basketball teams had identity problems--Metro? Conf USA? Independents? Not much positive to see here.

And then, the world got turned upside-down, and the Cards moved up in the world, first to the BE, then the ACC. Power-broker AD, big-name P5 coaches, big money rolling into the athletics department.

Be careful what you wish for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom