FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

If he throws anyone under the bus it will be Calipari. Those schools legitimately hate each other.

Oh jeez guys I don't know anything about this LOL

Calipari.png

Yes, I'm sure that is why they raided ASM, to get direct evidence on Dawkins... but do you think they'll just stop looking after they get info on Bowen/Walker and then call it a day? My guess is that they will thoroughly review how each and every client started their relationship with ASM.
They will stop at Dawkins. This whole thing has been low hanging fruit for the FBI.

One point I heard on the CBS podcast that is probably worth mentioning here...

I'm sure some coaches will try and flip and implicate others, but what exactly can they say? Like, the FBI was wiretapping these dudes and recording them, they have them dead to rights. Pitino can say he thinks Calipari paid for player x or "everyone knows they did" or whatever, and that's fine, and maybe it can lead them in the right direction, but it's not going to be like the stuff the FBI (which I keep typing as RBI btw) has on them currently.

Every crackpot fan will be calling in on their most hated rival school. "I heard from my friend's sister, who's best friend dated a star's teammate on hated U that the star was paid $100,000 to play." That public tip line will be filled with crazy stuff. Will be fun for agents swimming through that. :rolleyes:

One point I heard on the CBS podcast that is probably worth mentioning here...

I'm sure some coaches will try and flip and implicate others, but what exactly can they say? Like, the FBI was wiretapping these dudes and recording them, they have them dead to rights. Pitino can say he thinks Calipari paid for player x or "everyone knows they did" or whatever, and that's fine, and maybe it can lead them in the right direction, but it's not going to be like the stuff the FBI (which I keep typing as RBI btw) has on them currently.

Yes, and the difference between documented, recorded first-person conversations, and hearsay, is UUUUUGE.
And the latter is not admissible in court.

As much as any major college sports fan should be worried about their program, you'd have to imagine that the FBI would have announced ALL of the programs they busted, not just this handful - IF they actually had the same real evidence against them.

The FBI wouldn't reveal their undercover operations to the public unless they already had whatever hard evidence they were going to get, otherwise they would have continued the programs until they caught more fish in their nets.

Yes, and the difference between documented, recorded first-person conversations, and hearsay, is UUUUUGE.
And the latter is not admissible in court.

As much as any major college sports fan should be worried about their program, you'd have to imagine that the FBI would have announced ALL of the programs they busted, not just this handful - IF they actually had the same real evidence against them.

The FBI wouldn't reveal their undercover operations to the public unless they already had whatever hard evidence they were going to get, otherwise they would have continued the programs until they caught more fish in their nets.

I think they said yesterday at the presser the investigation is still ongoing, fwiw.

Bobby Petrino getting peppered with questions on the ACC Teleconference. He doesn't have any new info (why would he).

Every crackpot fan will be calling in on their most hated rival school. "I heard from my friend's sister, who's best friend dated a star's teammate on hated U that the star was paid $100,000 to play." That public tip line will be filled with crazy stuff. Will be fun for agents swimming through that. :rolleyes:

Who needs a subpoena when the FBI can simply schedule an audience with B.Pearl:
Bruce Pearl Speaking Fee and Booking Agent Contact

I think they said yesterday at the presser the investigation is still ongoing, fwiw.

Of course.
But - are any other programs who were engaging in this, going to keep doing so right now?
Knowing the FBI is involved, tapping phones, issuing subpoenas, and using undercover agents and flipped participants?
Uh, no.

Scroll down to the first pod...Dakich

The Dan Dakich Show

He says also that he wonders about the Thomas Bryant recruitment and if something went down there.

Listening to this now...wow.

The first hour so far has about 50 mins on this 10 mins on a few other things.

Wish Syracuse radio had a guy like this. Always liked him doing our games. His wife is Leigh Ross who used to coach at SU.

His take on this: Overall great for CBB this has happened. He hopes this cleans out as much of the corruption as possible. He slammed IU over his perception of Thomas Bryant and having sugar daddys at IU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom