FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Also, I'm going to say the least popular thing in 45 pages of this thread...I kind of like Pitino and think that in some ways this is a sad day for college hoops. Yeah, he's a cheater (and a dumb and arrogant cheater at that, doing this in the wake of the hooker thing) and he deserves what's coming to him. But he's got a personality. That's something that's been a dying breed in the sport.
View attachment 111070

I will miss him because I love to hate him. There is an additional exciting energy that transpires when we go up against certain coaches/teams. He's one.

Excellent re: Jurich! I've actually heard he has serious goons on the side and will take things by force if necessary. Good news. The bourbon barons and Frankfort control much of the state including athletics. They had enough. Like the Kansas City bosses finally having enough of Nicky Santoro and his brother.

If Jurich wouldn't fire Pitino then he is a moron and deserved to be fired.

Jurich doesn't owe Pitino a blank check the hookers investigation was enough for termination as this was strike 2 after the affair with the crazy wife of another coach.

Unless pitino has something on jurich.

I wonder how much $$ was spent on this whole investigation/sting by the FBI. Whatever it was... money well spent! Now, can't the FBI force the schools to pick up the tab? A little restitution. Why should taxpayers carry the burden - make people/programs/companies pay for their own mess!

28698A6B00000578-3071227-image-a-5_1431005225222.jpg

The corruption in that state in general is unlike any other. My friend in Charlottesville who is Bennett's lawyer and a cousin of a prominent head football coach in the SEC says it is unreal. Who you have to grease to get work done and such. The wheeling and dealing behind the scenes. He said the bourbon barons and suits in Frankfort control and push the buttons in Lexington and Louisville. Everybody reports to them including Jurich, Cal, Pitino, university heirarchy, etc. They really must've had enough.

Not if they're a player that accepted money. I don't know about this specific kid but it's auburn and a 5 star.

I'm not sure I think this is the player's fault. I would argue his parents and the people dangling the money bags are responsible.

Are you kidding? Take any 5-star recruit. I still want us to win!
Are you insane? You stay as far away from this stink as far as you can get. No player that has been rumored to be involved with this steps foot on our campus. Let alone a ship. Think. You don't want to be any part of this.

I wonder how much $$ was spent on this whole investigation/sting by the FBI. Whatever it was... money well spent! Now, can't the FBI force the schools to pick up the tab? A little restitution. Why should taxpayers carry the burden - make people/programs/companies pay for their own mess!

Paying for the FBI is for the public safety and the commonwealth. I have no problem with having government. Fighting corruption has to be done by someone or we get what we have now.

I'm not sure I think this is the player's fault. I would argue his parents and the people dangling the money bags are responsible.

If you accepted money how would we know after taking him he wouldn't accept some handout from some booster? Yea, I don't want us taking that risk. And these players know you can't take money. They're culpable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom