FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Does anyone really think that the FBI tipline is going to be ringing off the hook? My guess is that people in the coaching business and the players are going to adopt a siege mentality and totally clam up. Coaches know that talking voluntarily is the surest way to get blackballed in this profession. That might be the reason why Fraschilla didn't spill the beans months ago (besides the whole interfering with an ongoing FBI investigation thing). He's still a coach at heart. And players, what is there to be gained from outing your coaches and your program?

People worrying and reaching here...kind of understandable but still it's getting crazy. Our coaches and school aren't involved and if something has gone on with ASM and our ex players that our coaches and school had no knowledge of or control of and no direct involvement with the dealings of it then what's the worst that can happen? (Serious question)

Consider this: "1) Some significant money changed hands. Chuck Person, the associate head coach at Auburn, was accused of taking $91,500 over the course of 10 months to steer pro prospects at his school to a financial advisor and to a guy who makes bespoke suits. The financial advisor worked as a confidential informant for the government; the Atlanta suit maker, Rashan Michel, was charged on Tuesday."

I always knew there something just wrong with this suit:

pitino-white-suit.jpg

It's always the suit maker!
Pimp Suit

I'm talking about what the complaints allege (and how other schools might get caught) not my position on paying athletes.
Gotcha...my position has always been pay students that helps the universities generate income thru their research if they want to pay athletes too.

and it won't stop the bad behavior - only slow it down for a year or two.

I think this will have a larger impact than any NCAA-related punishments would have.

I mean, as Jake said, these coaches were worrying about hiding money from the NCAA, not the feds. NCAA sanctions your school, that's tough, but you can fight through it and come out just as strong (heck, SU has had to do this twcie).

FBI and the threat of real jail time? That's a totally different thing.

I agree that it won't stop all the bad behavior, but it adds a new element to the risk/reward evaluations on committing these acts, one that previously was never even part of the equation before.

Anyone think Rick is going to go silently into the night vs exposing all what he knows or thinks goes on in other programs? "Didn't want to but knew I had to do it to stay competitive with all the other programs doing it".

This is a case of the media prioritizing the delivery of the news - Pitino is the biggest fish here, and they have wiretap/video of his assistants. So it's the juiciest national story at the moment. I'm sure regionally the other stuff is huge news, and the other coaches involved are going to take a hit (in some manner) as the assistants roll over... we're in the earliest stage of this.

True. But the 'Ville won an NC as recently as 2013, and they are no stranger to some pretty bizarre incidents under Pitino. Paying for an abortion to hide an extramarital affair? Hiring prostitutes to service recruits? Now this?

All programs are created equal. Some more equal than others.

Whatever happened to Rob Johnson's taxi service? "Street" agent extraordinare! Once called JB a liar back about 1990. Was the man to see for NYC talent.

Why we so sure that we don’t have a similar bag man who has zero touch point w the program. Pitino is gone for sure but I’m sure he had no clue about this.
Yeah, no clue about 6 figure payoffs to players. No clue about hookers and strippers for recruits and players. He must have no clue about the character of the guys he hires to be his ass'ts.

Yeah, no clue about 6 figure payoffs to players. No clue about hookers and strippers for recruits and players. He must have no clue about the character of the guys he hires to be his ass'ts.

Just for the record I thought I read it was 18 year old recruits with under-aged hookers.

Anyone think Rick is going to go silently into the night vs exposing all what he knows or thinks goes on in other programs? "Didn't want to but knew I had to do it to stay competitive with all the other programs doing it".
God I hope so. Would be glorious

If he throws anyone under the bus it will be Calipari. Those schools legitimately hate each other.

Good lord.
http://At their request, this netwo...rd/103990/Contents/Call-the-FBi-now-108056009

It's zzzcout.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom