FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Every crackpot fan will be calling in on their most hated rival school. "I heard from my friend's sister, who's best friend dated a star's teammate on hated U that the star was paid $100,000 to play." That public tip line will be filled with crazy stuff. Will be fun for agents swimming through that. :rolleyes:

I'll bet the phone lines from Connecticut are down because of the volume of calls.

Dakich was scared for Indiana yesterday. So the Thomas Bryant thing wouldn't shock me.

I mean he chose Indiana really late and we all felt good on that one.

Listening to this now...wow.

The first hour so far has about 50 mins on this 10 mins on a few other things.

Wish Syracuse radio had a guy like this. Always liked him doing our games. His wife is Leigh Ross who used to coach at SU.

His take on this: Overall great for CBB this has happened. He hopes this cleans out as much of the corruption as possible. He slammed IU over his perception of Thomas Bryant and having sugar daddys at IU.

Right! Hopefully we get to hear him on Sirius as he wishes!

Listening to this now...wow.

The first hour so far has about 50 mins on this 10 mins on a few other things.

Wish Syracuse radio had a guy like this. Always liked him doing our games. His wife is Leigh Ross who used to coach at SU.

His take on this: Overall great for CBB this has happened. He hopes this cleans out as much of the corruption as possible. He slammed IU over his perception of Thomas Bryant and having sugar daddys at IU.

and IU is an Adidas school.......

I think some around here (not directed at you Sherman but folks in general) are swimming in Rivah of da Nile if you think we have nothing to worry about.

Hopkins, Bland, Hart going to join up in Washington?
Hopkins was our best recruiter and has obviously seen things. Hopefully seen and not involved.

Throw in Chris McCullough's name and the two other players signed with ASM has me concerned.

I'm concerned...not alarmed yet. My advice is stay positive but resist thinking we are 100 percent uninvolved. This pretty much goes for any top program.

I'm with you 100%. More schools and coaches will come under the microscope. Sounds like pay for play may be common with shoe companies and major college programs. It's just that Louisville was careless and Book and Bland etc. were trying to get their take. SU coaches probably stay far away from $ details and any bidding wars, but are generally aware that some players are getting $$ from shoe companies or middle men for agents. If the Feds can nail Nike and UA, every major P5 program will be under the microscope.

rick-pitino-white-suit.jpg
RP should have gone with the white suit
url

The FBI never stops...
Yeah, they do. This was a easy investigation for them. So easy they must have been shocked at how inept the coaches were. They even said that at the briefing yesterday. I'm not worried.

"A $25,000 cash installment -- one of four scheduled payments -- delivered to the father of one high school player was provided by an undercover agent posing as a financial backer with the promise that Adidas would eventually pay the undercover agent back. At one point, one of the defendants was stunned to learn Adidas put the $100,000 total payment to that recruit on its books."

This story has legs!

Yeah, they do. This was a easy investigation for them. So easy they must have been shocked at how inept the coaches were. They even said that at the briefing yesterday. I'm not worried.

The government has been very friendly to businesses lately. It makes sense their guard is down.

The government has been very friendly to businesses lately. It makes sense their guard is down.
The last thing in the world these coaches were thinking was that they were set up by the feds. As others have said, they were worried about the NCAA, not the FBI. I bet at least one ass't, if not more, didn't know they were breaking federal laws.

If Jurich wouldn't fire Pitino then he is a moron and deserved to be fired.

Jurich doesn't owe Pitino a blank check the hookers investigation was enough for termination as this was strike 2 after the affair with the crazy wife of another coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom