Festivus - Time for Syracusefan's Annual Airing of Grievances | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Festivus - Time for Syracusefan's Annual Airing of Grievances

People who modify "adult" with "grown." Is there another kind? :)

300px-I.0.peter-dinklage-comic-con.jpg

Drivers entering roundabouts. I'm already in the roundabout. That means you have to wait you mother. Don't try shooting out and making me slow down because I have perfected the 10 second horn blow for your ass.

It's freaking almost 2016. Where the heck is the dryer that also folds the clothes. Why am I trying still trying to figure out how to fold a collared polo?
Speaking of collared polos ... I really hate the stiff collared ones. They look fine the first time you wear it but after it's been washed, the collar gets all bent out of shape and hangs at an awkward angle. Why don't all of them have the soft collar? A particular problem for UVa students and alums is the difficulty to have the stiff collar on a polo stay up in the proper position when you wear it "popped".

Festivus is soon upon us and that means it is time for the Board's Annual Airing of Grievances. You know how it goes - what annoys the hell out of you? What really chafes your shorts? Sports related or non sports related. Have at it.
When I'm driving I despise those radio ads that have a honking horn on their soundtrack. Makes me react as if a real car is honking at me. I want to strangle the idiots that made the advertisement.

When I'm driving I despise those radio ads that have a honking horn on their soundtrack. Makes me react as if a real car is honking at me. I want to strangle the idiots that made the advertisement.
Same issue - radio ads that have either cellphone ring or a siren in them. Grrrrr

Similarly, people who use the self checkout lane who have ZERO clue how it works and wind up having a store employee come over and basically do it all for them, holding up the line and holding ME up since the clerk is too busy helping them to freaking bypass my age check so I can get my freaking beer already.
Uh oh. Sorry!

People who sit behind you at the game, spilling their beer as the first act, chatting continuously about their friends as the second act, and leaving after two minutes in the second half as their third act.

Oh, and I have HUGE grievance against the Watertown so-called "fan" who bought four tickets behind me, never goes to the game himself, and sells them to the most inconsiderate, weird, drunken, oblivious people in the world.

The fact that I can look at conference standings or playoff formats and draw up something that looks better and makes more sense in about a minute.

When I zap back and forth between different games and they are all running commercials at the same time.

When athletes thank God for allowing them to win, (meaning God likes them better than their opponent). And then you hear that this devout man has 10 different children by 9 different women.

Drivers who pass me on the left so they can turn right at the next intersection.

Phone solicitations of any kind on a phone I paid for so I could call people.

Singers who yodel their way through songs and look as if they were having a difficult bowel movement.

The fact that Jason Smorol is going to cover the sections I like to sit in with advertisements that will be seen by no one because there is nothing beyond the outfield fences.

The fact that Playboy playmates won't be naked anymore. What is America coming to?

Politicians who say idiotic things and still get votes.

The fact that the key labels on my keyboard fade after a few months and I have to paste new labels on them.

That's all I've got for now but there's a lot more where that came from.

Last edited:
People who sit behind you at the game, spilling their beer as the first act, chatting continuously about their friends as the second act, and leaving after two minutes in the second half as their third act.

Oh, and I have HUGE grievance against the Watertown so-called "fan" who bought four tickets behind me, never goes to the game himself, and sells them to the most inconsiderate, weird, drunken, oblivious people in the world.

How about people who spill beer and then don't tell anybody so it soaks anything you put under your seat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom