Festivus - Time for Syracusefan's Annual Airing of Grievances | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Festivus - Time for Syracusefan's Annual Airing of Grievances

People who want to spawn their way upstream onto the elevator before the people on board have a chance to get off at the floor.

A'holes.
them and the wont step off the elevator at someone elses floor people. dont Fn squeeze to the side and back into people, just step off and put your hand on the door...chances are A) that will work or B) someone will hit the door open button and tell you they got you.

its like a phobia or something. hey lady, we wont leave you on Fl 13 on the way up, jackarse...

- A poorly-made margarita.

- The smirk on Kevin Braswell's smug freaking face. Also, any Hoya.

- Andie MacDowell. Seriously, What?

- People in any service industry who respond to an earnest "thank you" by saying, "Not a problem." Why the F would it be a problem for you to do your job?

- Upspeak. Killing me. Every day.

- Stepping in dog *t.

The last one is really the all-time worst for me. Ruins the entire day, no matter what, and probably the next several.

"- People in any service industry who respond to an earnest "thank you" by saying, "Not a problem." Why the F would it be a problem for you to do your job"?

One of my very favorite pet peeves! When is the last time you heard someone say "Y0u're welcome."
Did they just get back from Jamaica? No problem mon.

Festivus is soon upon us and that means it is time for the Board's Annual Airing of Grievances. You know how it goes - what annoys the hell out of you? What really chafes your shorts? Sports related or non sports related. Have at it.

No matter how you shake and dance, those last drops that come out in your pants.

One that immediately comes to mind today is people who manage to squeeze 30 minutes of information into an hour meeting, especially seems to happen on days I'm really busy!

When traffic suddenly comes to a near standstill crawl on a massive interstate highway, then suddenly picks back up 3 miles later... No on or off ramps, no accidents or breakdowns, just some invisible space where people drive slow then reach a point where they drive at the needed speed. It is an absolute mystery of the universe. Why did they slow down here and pick back up there?!?

People who litter...just put it on the floor and throw it in your can when you get home

People who pull out in front of you when there is nobody behind you for miles

Jamie...whats his name...the Pitt coach...do not like his snarky look

Georgetown and UCONN

Last edited:
um...

edit: ok, I was thinking his name was actually Baber, but it's Babers... then, yes, egregious apostrophe placement, especially for a headline
So it's like Babers's? That is just not right.

People who don't clear the road for emergency vehicles.

Being in the left turn lane and you hear a siren.

The fact that I can look at conference standings or playoff formats and draw up something that looks better and makes more sense in about a minute.

But SWC, that's because it's . . . . you. You can't hate people because they're not you, can you?

When I zap back and forth between different games and they are all running commercials at the same time.

Okay, that's just eerie.

When athletes thank God for allowing them to win, (meaning God likes them better than their opponent). And then you hear that this devout man has 10 different children by 9 different women.

Yeah! Although I think Virginia's coach is one handsome man, after one of his wins he thanked Jesus for making it happen. Now I'm having a real hard time liking Virginia.

Singers who yodel their way through songs and look as if they were having a difficult bowel movement.

Just who are you listening to? And that BM face is supposed to convey heartfeltness. (Not a word, I know.)

The fact that Playboy playmates won't be naked anymore. What is America coming to?

Um, just how do you know this, young man?

Politicians who say idiotic things and still get votes.

God bless America. Oh, except God DOESN'T just bless America. The Supreme Master of the Universe blesses everyone or no one. Now, don't get me started on Virginia again!

The fact that the key labels on my keyboard fade after a few months and I have to paste new labels on them.

SWC, that has never happened to me, and I type a lot and even once wrote a book! Do your fingers secrete acid? I hate that!

Love, Beadle

"- People in any service industry who respond to an earnest "thank you" by saying, "Not a problem." Why the F would it be a problem for you to do your job"?

One of my very favorite pet peeves! When is the last time you heard someone say "Y0u're welcome."
Did they just get back from Jamaica? No problem mon.
SO this. My family has gotten tired of me saying, "I KNOW it's not a problem - it's your job!" when someone walks away after saying that. First world problems. :noidea:

People who walk around in public places (grocery stores, doctor's office, etc) talking on their cell phones and think that they have to yell into the phone to be heard.

Like the guy in the bathroom stall yesterday at my office who was on his damn cell phone with the speaker on so I could learn all about his medical condition. It distracted me from peeing straight. I dribbled down my slacks!

Or use their phones to continue arguments.

Grown adults who don't know the difference between your and you're or there and their or they're.

Or "good" and "well". "We played good."

Last edited:
- people who violate Kaiser's Board 'Rules'

like the 'Glasshouse' one breached in another thread today

Waitress who call me "Honey" or "Hon", (like the one at Tully's.)

I'm not a Hun.

b265e13e1d7d141ba1e82dd25c7e4159.jpg

Festivus is soon upon us and that means it is time for the Board's Annual Airing of Grievances. You know how it goes - what annoys the hell out of you? What really chafes your shorts? Sports related or non sports related. Have at it.

Posters who LOVE the new football coach before he's ever coached a single game.

Those same posters who then turn on him when he doesn't go 9-3 or 10-2, like they predicted.

Any poster who thinks he knows more than Boeheim. Unless your name is Shshefski or Popovich, you don't.

Any poster who is positive that incoming freshman hoops player X is going to be a difference maker or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom