Final thoughts from Adam W | Syracusefan.com

Final thoughts from Adam W

Status
Not open for further replies.

315Cuse

Walk On
Just wanted to clear up a couple of things I have seen posted incorrectly on this site. Don’t want to take up anybody’s time, but just want to set it straight this one time.

1) I have never once said anything negative about the Chancellor or the University.

2) I never considered myself the leader of NIL at Syracuse. I was just trying to help out, as I really love the kids and the coaches.

3) I understand my high profile way of going about it might have rubbed people the wrong way, but that was never my intention.

4) I don’t think Syracuse is 100% to blame for what is happening with the NIL. I just think they were a little late in realizing how fast this change in college sports would be implemented.

5) I think Syracuse is underfunded on the NIL front, because no one thought a player that once would receive $50,000 would now earn $500,000 just 12 months later.

6) I agree that celebrities that come to the games do not help the team earn any victories or help impact the recruiting process but I do feel it added an extra value experience to the game when ticket prices have reached at all time high.

7) I understand that Chancellor Kent, like it or not, has a different view that I do regarding college athletics as a whole and he personally doesn’t want me to be involved in the program. I do understand he is the boss and makes the final decisions so I respectfully bowed out.

I will always support the team and coach Autry and wish the them only the best. Here is my personal cell if anyone has any opinions good or bad. Hate on me or not I respect all voices. I can be reached at 607.760.8204

Adam Weitsman

Last edited:
Just wanted to clear up a couple of things I have seen posted incorrectly on this site. Don’t want to take up anybody’s time, but just want to set it straight this one time. 1) I have never once said anything negative about the Chancellor or the University. 2) I never considered myself the leader of NIL at Syracuse. I was just trying to help out, as I really love the kids and the coaches. 3) I understand my high profile way of going about it might have rubbed people the wrong way, but that was never my intention. 4) I don’t think Syracuse is 100% to blame for what is happening with the NIL. I just think they were a little late to realizing how fast this change in college sports would be implemented. 5) I think Syracuse is underfunded in the NIL front because no one thought that a player that once would receive $50,000 would now earn $500,000 just 12 months later. I agree that celebrities that come to the games do not help the team earn any victories or help impact the recruiting process but I do feel it added an extra value experience to the game when ticket prices have reached at all time high. I understand that Chancellor Kent like it or not has a different view that I do regarding college athletics as a whole and he personally doesn’t want me to be involved in the program. I do understand he is the boss and makes the final decisions so I respectfully bowed out. I will always support the team and coach Autry and wish the them only the best. Here is my personal cell if anyone has any opinions good or bad. Hate on me or or not I respect all voices. I can be reached at 607.760.8204

Adam Weitsman
I'm sure current players and recruits liked meeting celebrities. So, it may not have been a game changer, but it likely had a little effect in the positive.

Just wanted to clear up a couple of things I have seen posted incorrectly on this site. Don’t want to take up anybody’s time, but just want to set it straight this one time. 1) I have never once said anything negative about the Chancellor or the University. 2) I never considered myself the leader of NIL at Syracuse. I was just trying to help out, as I really love the kids and the coaches. 3) I understand my high profile way of going about it might have rubbed people the wrong way, but that was never my intention. 4) I don’t think Syracuse is 100% to blame for what is happening with the NIL. I just think they were a little late to realizing how fast this change in college sports would be implemented. 5) I think Syracuse is underfunded in the NIL front because no one thought that a player that once would receive $50,000 would now earn $500,000 just 12 months later. I agree that celebrities that come to the games do not help the team earn any victories or help impact the recruiting process but I do feel it added an extra value experience to the game when ticket prices have reached at all time high. I understand that Chancellor Kent like it or not has a different view that I do regarding college athletics as a whole and he personally doesn’t want me to be involved in the program. I do understand he is the boss and makes the final decisions so I respectfully bowed out. I will always support the team and coach Autry and wish the them only the best. Here is my personal cell if anyone has any opinions good or bad. Hate on me or or not I respect all voices. I can be reached at 607.760.8204

Adam Weitsman
Adam I respect the heck out of you for coming on here and posting. Please don’t give up on NIL and SU but I understand your opinion.

Adam Weitsman

Thanks for the post Adam. I hope when the dust clears (whenever that maybe) you'll still support Syracuse because in today's environment your support is critical/crucial for SU to be able to compete with the big boys of P5 D1. Thanks for your support to date and we wish you the best moving forward.

Respect you coming on and posting, don’t respect the shade that’s been thrown prior to the post. You want to prove that you want the best for the players and the university? Fade into the shadows.

Your NIL agent didn’t comment what he did by accident, the public separation didn’t happen by accident and the Facebook post (I’ll admit I didn’t see it but I like to think the poster didn’t lie about it) was not by accident

Last edited:
Respect you coming on and posting, don’t respect the shade that’s been thrown prior to the post. You want to prove that you want the best for the players and the university? Fade into the shadows.
I won't speak for Adam, but what if he believes that being vocal about it is the best way to change things for the better of Syracuse athletics? He is perfectly in his right to do so, and you are perfectly in your right to have an issue with it.

I won't speak for Adam, but what if he believes that being vocal about it is the best way to change things for the better of Syracuse athletics? He is perfectly in his right to do so, and you are perfectly in your right to have an issue with it.
He has a unique position in terms of getting into peoples ear, change through discussion not through trashing the university publicly. This is university sports, not a tyrannical government.

And once again, it’s not that he retracted his money, that’s his right. The problem is he claimed it was for the community when it clearly wasn’t.

Last edited:
If this is how Adam really feels, there’s absolutely no reason for the University and him to not come to an understanding how NIL can best be utilized at SU. I’m hoping JB can bring both sides back to their senses and work something out to benefit all our programs and still respect the way things need to be done. I appreciate and respect AW for coming on the forum to express his feelings.

He has a unique position in terms of getting into peoples ear, change through discussion not through trashing the university publicly. This is university sports, not a tyrannical government.
Still America, right? Has he said anything that isn't the truth? You are right, he is a unique position, that makes all of this complicated. He wants to help, and it sounds like he is frustrated.

SU has multiple campaigns that can use funding, it really isn't all that complicated.
Why are there multiple campaigns? Why can't there be one more?

Huh?

We have the Lally campaign for the facilities. The NIL funds here that have been beaten to death. Gait is rumored to want to do stuff on top of Lally.
Sorry, I thought you meant that we have multiple NIL campaigns going.

Adam. Can you address if there is any path for you to be involved again, and if so what would that path be? I think we really need you, and there must be a middle ground in all of this. I really appreciate you coming on here and saying your part...

Sorry, I thought you meant that we have multiple NIL campaigns going.
I think what Bayside is saying is that we have a NIL campaign. One the university feels comfortable with. It would be great if anyone that wanted to help the university would donate to it. That way, the University could be assured that everything was a-okay within the rules. And the person donating would know that they are helping the University. Seems like a simple solution to me.

I think what Bayside is saying is that we have a NIL campaign. One the university feels comfortable with. It would be great if anyone that wanted to help the university would donate to it. That way, the University could be assured that everything was a-okay within the rules. And the person donating would know that they are helping the University. Seems like a simple solution to me.
There are more than one NIL campaigns, right? My point was that if there is more than one, why can't there be another? I know the reason, it's because the university doesn't like how Adam operates. Perhaps a compromise could have been reached, but I think the time for that has passed.

Just wanted to clear up a couple of things I have seen posted incorrectly on this site. Don’t want to take up anybody’s time, but just want to set it straight this one time.

1) I have never once said anything negative about the Chancellor or the University.

2) I never considered myself the leader of NIL at Syracuse. I was just trying to help out, as I really love the kids and the coaches.

3) I understand my high profile way of going about it might have rubbed people the wrong way, but that was never my intention.

4) I don’t think Syracuse is 100% to blame for what is happening with the NIL. I just think they were a little late in realizing how fast this change in college sports would be implemented.

5) I think Syracuse is underfunded on the NIL front, because no one thought a player that once would receive $50,000 would now earn $500,000 just 12 months later.

6) I agree that celebrities that come to the games do not help the team earn any victories or help impact the recruiting process but I do feel it added an extra value experience to the game when ticket prices have reached at all time high.

7) I understand that Chancellor Kent, like it or not, has a different view that I do regarding college athletics as a whole and he personally doesn’t want me to be involved in the program. I do understand he is the boss and makes the final decisions so I respectfully bowed out.

I will always support the team and coach Autry and wish the them only the best. Here is my personal cell if anyone has any opinions good or bad. Hate on me or not I respect all voices. I can be reached at 607.760.8204

Adam Weitsman
Adam, one of the main discussion point that's come up is just wondering if there's a specific reason that you are unable or don't desire to fund/support SU athletics through one of the other NIL collectives & leave it at that? I believe that you're genuine in your love for SU sports, Coach Autry & the basketball team, etc., why not just go that route (if you haven't already, obviously there's much I don't know)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom