First Place in the ACC | Syracusefan.com

First Place in the ACC

I'm not getting too bent out of shape about this as we have really only played one quality team in my opinion and lost to a team that we shouldn't have. Our toughest games are in the back half of the schedule.

Indeed. The ACC schedule to start our conference play really couldn't have been any better IMO. Yes, our backend will be brutal, but at least the favorable schedule afforded us to gain/build back up the all important degree of confidence, which is so critical in sport, especially with some of those unforeseen and damning OOC losses.

We need to get that W at home against UM on Thursday night, which won't be easy as they could've beaten UNC yesterday at home, but UNC hit 3 or 4 consecutive bombs when the game was a one possession game, with about 5 and 1/2 left to get separation and seal the deal. 3 straight road games after Thursday's game.

I'm not getting too bent out of shape about this as we have really only played one quality team in my opinion and lost to a team that we shouldn't have. Our toughest games are in the back half of the schedule.

Pitt gave NC State a game, beat Louisville, and pretty easily handled Florida st. Pitt may be just as quality as some of the opponents we are worried about.

Pitt gave NC State a game, beat Louisville, and pretty easily handled Florida st. Pitt may be just as quality as some of the opponents we are worried about.
Agreed -- the transitive property doesn't tell us much.

Duke isn’t a quality team. Duke is an ELITE team. ND, Clemson, Ga Tech and Pitt are all solid “quality” teams. All among the top 75 in the KenPom and BPI ratings.

Also, “bent out of shape” is completely the wrong expression. It implies a negative feeling. Why would you feel badly about being first place in the ACC?

ODU would love to brag that they beat the ACC champs. let's do it for them.

(Yeah, I know there is no regular season title - officially. JB said that if we ever won it, we'd put up a banner anyway.)

Also, “bent out of shape” is completely the wrong expression. It implies a negative feeling. Why would you feel badly about being first place in the ACC?

Man, chill out regarding the English lesson. I mean, he's our friendly neighbor from the Great White North, you know, where they end every sentence with a rising question tone...along with 'A'? Apparently, you're the one who is actually "bent out of shape." ;):)

Those wins are not that good. All NC State, Louisville and Florida State are overrated.

Geez, I consider myself a relatively intelligent individual, but maybe I will need to do some research on the actual meaning of certain phrases. The comment was meant to be strictly neutral, nothing else.

Am I happy where we are? You bet your bippy (is that a word?).

Pitt has a brand new roster, who knows how he would coach with that team.. he recruited some pretty solid transfers and it shows.

ODU would love to brag that they beat the ACC champs. let's do it for them.

(Yeah, I know there is no regular season title - officially. JB said that if we ever won it, we'd put up a banner anyway.)

IF we didnt have enough reason to love the man, that statement should add to the reasons. Now if he can actually get it done, that would really do it. I believe he can(with the help of his players). Let's get that banner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom