Football 2022 Away Game Discussion | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Football 2022 Away Game Discussion

Notre Dame

Sure, but it’s not like it’s going to down in the following years after

Notre Dame is just the easy excuse.

Like I said tho the ticket prices are still very affordable but it’s a big jump from $125 to $200

It’ll be interesting to see if it ends up being a blanket price increase or just for the cheapies.

Sure, but it’s not like it’s going to down in the following years after

Notre Dame is just the easy excuse.

Like I said tho the ticket prices are still very affordable but it’s a big jump from $125 to $200

It’ll be interesting to see if it ends up being a blanket price increase or just for the cheapies.
Yes it will be interesting.

2023 will have:

Army
Western Michigan
Colgate
plus...Clemson, BC, Pitt and Wake Forest

Again 7 games but less star power. If they keep it at the 2022 level then a new price point has been set.

BL: Cuse has some of the cheapest season ticket packages in the P5

For perspective: I went to a ECHL hockey game last night...they are the equivalent of AA Baseball. Some of the seat prices quoted by the ticket rep were $38 and $48 a ticket.

Last edited:
if this was a new thing and you told people you were getting 7 games for $200 so like $30 a ticket no one would complain but when you jump prices people will. They can hide behind the ND game as driving it but the reality is that very few will care since you really can pick you games now very easily and not worry about price or a sell out anymore.

if this was a new thing and you told people you were getting 7 games for $200 so like $30 a ticket no one would complain but when you jump prices people will. They can hide behind the ND game as driving it but the reality is that very few will care since you really can pick you games now very easily and not worry about price or a sell out anymore.
Until Cuse wins again and gets in the Top 25 it will always be a buyer's market.

Yes it will be interesting.

2023 will have:

Army
Western Michigan
Colgate
plus...Clemson, BC, Pitt and Wake Forest

Again 7 games but less star power. If they keep it at the 2022 level then a new price point has been set.

BL: Cuse has some of the cheapest season ticket packages in the P5

For perspective: I went to a ECHL hockey game last night...they are the equivalent of AA Baseball. Some of the seat prices quoted by the ticket rep were $38 and $48 a ticket.
Which ECHL team? When we are I Charleston we go to the Stingrays games. Lots of fun. Around 20$ will get you in

Which ECHL team? When we are I Charleston we go to the Stingrays games. Lots of fun. Around 20$ will get you in
Jacksonville, they played the Stingpays last night. I'm sure there were cheaper tickets than $38 and $48 but that was what she sold to these first time fans in the line next to me. I had free tickets at Will Call. Coincidently, it was $2 and $4 canned beer night...

Frankly prices SHOULD have gone up this year by virtue of going from 6 to 7 home games, but the AD clearly wanted to honor the promise to those who rolled over their tickets from the canceled season. A jump in 2021 of 425 for the lowest priced ticket then maybe another $25 or $50 for 2022 would have been a lot more palatable than a $75+ bump we are likely to see. I am sure the new Legends partnership will have its fingerprints all over the season ticket price program when announced in the next couple of weeks.

Frankly prices SHOULD have gone up this year by virtue of going from 6 to 7 home games, but the AD clearly wanted to honor the promise to those who rolled over their tickets from the canceled season. A jump in 2021 of 425 for the lowest priced ticket then maybe another $25 or $50 for 2022 would have been a lot more palatable than a $75+ bump we are likely to see. I am sure the new Legends partnership will have its fingerprints all over the season ticket price program when announced in the next couple of weeks.
Going skiing in Vermont next week. It will cost me more for one day on the slopes then my seasons ( by a lot). what is the worry about season ticket costs , they are absurdly low right now. I am of moderate to low fixed income and even for me. If they go up to 200.00 it’s still cheap. Ours are 130 in the corner.

Exactly, I still think the prices are very affordable but it is a shock to the system to have it jump that much.

They probably should have rolled the seasons over from 2020 to 2021 and said that any new season tickets for 2021 we’re $150.

That way the people who stuck with the program felt like they were valued but also aware of the price increasing.

Obviously, hindsight is 20/20.

I’m hoping it doesn’t go much above $200 for seasons or it probably won’t be worth it when you can get tickets day of the game for about $15/20 a piece.

Exactly, I still think the prices are very affordable but it is a shock to the system to have it jump that much.

They probably should have rolled the seasons over from 2020 to 2021 and said that any new season tickets for 2021 we’re $150.

That way the people who stuck with the program felt like they were valued but also aware of the price increasing.

Obviously, hindsight is 20/20.

I’m hoping it doesn’t go much above $200 for seasons or it probably won’t be worth it when you can get tickets day of the game for about $15/20 a piece.
Come on, you’ll still pay it. Lol

really the value for seasons is limited to a few things.. you control your location and perhaps sit with people you know/like. You are supporting the team with money even in not going to a game.

You can surely get into the games cheaper by waiting on pricing and/or only going to select games.

so the value for season tickets has to from some other place. since we have so few bad seats that doesnt really help them give value.. STH events help some but we do few of any real value.

think about it.. we have a huge tv now in the dome and Dino comes in and goes some real all 22 film review and takes a few questions.. something only STH can attend.. or he goes out to a 4-5 locations and attends meet/great with STH like they did when Marrone came in.

really the value for seasons is limited to a few things.. you control your location and perhaps sit with people you know/like. You are supporting the team with money even in not going to a game.

You can surely get into the games cheaper by waiting on pricing and/or only going to select games.

so the value for season tickets has to from some other place. since we have so few bad seats that doesnt really help them give value.. STH events help some but we do few of any real value.

think about it.. we have a huge tv now in the dome and Dino comes in and goes some real all 22 film review and takes a few questions.. something only STH can attend.. or he goes out to a 4-5 locations and attends meet/great with STH like they did when Marrone came in.
So really, the additions you mention are only beneficial if you're a local STH. Yes, I realize that the majority of STH probably are local.

well how many teams do STH events outside their local areas? they could go to Albany/ny.buffalo/roch and do some things as well but you need a space to do anything really cool and the dome and the new board would allow some of that much cooler.. sell food have people sit and watch film for an hr or 2.. have coaches talk..

Going skiing in Vermont next week. It will cost me more for one day on the slopes then my seasons ( by a lot). what is the worry about season ticket costs , they are absurdly low right now. I am of moderate to low fixed income and even for me. If they go up to 200.00 it’s still cheap. Ours are 130 in the corner.
Just visited Burke Mtn in Northeast VT. Highly recommend. Not cheap, unfortunately, although rentals are pretty reasonable.

Just visited Burke Mtn in Northeast VT. Highly recommend. Not cheap, unfortunately, although rentals are pretty reasonable.
My daughter just moved in near Rutland so it’s Killington and Pico, possibly With Okemo.

well how many teams do STH events outside their local areas? they could go to Albany/ny.buffalo/roch and do some things as well but you need a space to do anything really cool and the dome and the new board would allow some of that much cooler.. sell food have people sit and watch film for an hr or 2.. have coaches talk..

I'm not suggesting they should, just that it would have no impact on me one way or the other.

I agree with this they should really once covid is finally in the ground, do more things to make season ticket holders feel more appreciated, the increase in pricing is not really a big deal in the long run but there has been so little benefits to be season ticket holder, it is just a little bit annoying

I agree with this they should really once covid is finally in the ground, do more things to make season ticket holders feel more appreciated, the increase in pricing is not really a big deal in the long run but there has been so little benefits to be season ticket holder, it is just a little bit annoying
with the ease and access to seats now, being a STH makes even less sense than 10-20 yrs ago. They need to recognize this.. Even having a real recap show doesnt exist anymore to keep people up on the games and the team. if they want to combat this they need to do more.

This article just came out. Looks like UVa might be hiring Purdue’s DC. That would be a most welcome development for us. Tony, offer him all that money you are saving with the low end replacements for Anae and Beck.

This article just came out. Looks like UVa might be hiring Purdue’s DC. That would be a most welcome development for us. Tony, offer him all that money you are saving with the low end replacements for Anae and Beck.

Kind of a pick your poison on this one

With us playing Purdue and also UVA this season

Kind of a pick your poison on this one

With us playing Purdue and also UVA this season
I think it would be great to face two new DCs in both games. Teams dealing with new schemes and coaches are easier to beat!

I think it would be great to face two new DCs in both games. Teams dealing with new schemes and coaches are easier to beat!

But, but…. We won’t have any film either!! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom