Oct. 11 FLORIDA STATE
Oct. 18 at Wake Forest
Oct. 25 at Clemson
Nov. 1 NC STATE
Nov. 8 DUKE
Nov. 15 OPEN
Nov. 22 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 29 at Boston College

That is a brutal schedule and even worse spacing. Good lord... 9 straight weeks against our hardest competition.

LOL The great ACC did us no favors. Early open date. Lville and FSU back to back right after ND. And the home schedule is over real early. Thanks ACC.

Very excited about seeing six games live this year - including in 2 brand new venues.

Planning:
ND @ MetLife (live 10 miles away)
FSU @ the Dome (annual trip back)
@ Clemson (bucket list for a long time)
@ Wake (friends nearby)
@ Pitt (ditto)
@ BC (ditto)

Sept. 27 Notre Dame (MetLife Stadium)
Oct. 3 LOUISVILLE (Friday)
Oct. 11 FLORIDA STATE

Ugh...Though, without Bridgewater and Strong and our recent success against UofL, I'm hopeful we can go at least 1-2 in this stretch.

Brent Axe‏@BrentAxeMedia2 mins
Daryl Gross on schedule:" "This represents the kind of challenge and opportunity I know Coach Shafer will be really fired up about"

Brent Axe‏@BrentAxeMedia1 min
Gross: "Our returning team wants to keep the momentum from last season to reach higher goals and represent for the community."

i don't mind the week 2 bye. it gives an extra week of focused scouting and tweaking what we did in game one. it's like a slow ramp up to the toughest part. i'm ok with that.

the last two games on the road is the tough part for me.

Yea that will be a tough stretch but if we are 3-0 heading into the ND game and win either ND or Louisville we will be 4-1 going into florida st. at home. Maybe we win both its do able if we start out strong. (ORANGE COLORED GLASSES ON)

rrlbees said:
LOL The great ACC did us no favors. Early open date. Lville and FSU back to back right after ND. And the home schedule is over real early. Thanks ACC.

SU Ad questions the divisions publicly... Could there be some pay back in there?!?

Hate the early open then a wonderful stretch of ND, UL, FSU, at Wake, At Clemson

Aug. 30 VILLANOVA
Sept. 6 OPEN
Sept. 13 at Central Michigan...
Sept. 20 MARYLAND
Sept. 27 Notre Dame (MetLife Stadium)
Oct. 3 LOUISVILLE (Friday)
Oct. 11 FLORIDA STATE
Oct. 18 at Wake Forest
Oct. 25 at Clemson
Nov. 1 NC STATE
Nov. 8 DUKE
Nov. 15 OPEN
Nov. 22 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 29 at Boston College

The league didn't do us any favors.

90% chance SU will at best be 4-4 going into November.

The dopes are going to be bleating "same old/same old" and the "casuals" are going to stay away in droves for NCSt and Duke.

Even is November is 4-0 that won't make much of an impression.

ND, Lville, FSU, Clemson in five weeks. And it sets up Wake as a road trap game after those first three.

Not good. In fact that royally sucks.

Need to hang in there, keep people healthy and make hay on the back end. Don't like that we are playing the weaker teams at the end. Pitt and BC will no longer be breaking in new QB's.

This couldn't have fallen much worse.

The league didn't do us any favors.

90% chance SU will at best be 4-4 going into November.

The dopes are going to be bleating "same old/same old" and the "casuals" are going to stay away in droves for NCSt and Duke.

Even is November is 4-0 that won't make much of an impression.

ND, Lville, FSU, Clemson in five weeks. And it sets up Wake as a road trap game after those first three.

Not good. In fact that royally sucks.

Need to hang in there, keep people healthy and make hay on the back end. Don't like that we are playing the weaker teams at the end. Pitt and BC will no longer be breaking in new QB's.

This couldn't have fallen much worse.

Agree 100%. However, if this program is going to ever have a statement year, what a truly defining statement year 2014 could be. The bigger they are, the harder they fall...

this is about as tough a schedule as we could have possibly had. Good lord. 7 wins is the ceiling most likely.
Big challenge.

TheCusian said:
SU Ad questions the divisions publicly... Could there be some pay back in there?!?

I don't know. Just frustrated that a more equitable schedule didn't come out. Looking at some others, we definitely didn't get any favors or fairness.

Someone...please post the schedule here when known..I can't access the ACC website.

Not thrilled with the way things turned out but we could be favored in 5 of our last 6 games.

Link