Football Schedule Released Tomorrow 3pm | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Football Schedule Released Tomorrow 3pm

that is a hard nosed schedule if i ever saw one -looks like the acc wants us out of any bowl game early- 9 weeks without a bye is disgusting

GoSU96 said:
The league didn't do us any favors. 90% chance SU will at best be 4-4 going into November. The dopes are going to be bleating "same old/same old" and the "casuals" are going to stay away in droves for NCSt and Duke. Even is November is 4-0 that won't make much of an impression. ND, Lville, FSU, Clemson in five weeks. And it sets up Wake as a road trap game after those first three. Not good. In fact that royally sucks. Need to hang in there, keep people healthy and make hay on the back end. Don't like that we are playing the weaker teams at the end. Pitt and BC will no longer be breaking in new QB's. This couldn't have fallen much worse.

Yep, couldn't have been worse. Several problems with that schedule, some obvious some not so obvious.

I am hopeful of being able to go to 3 games 1 being fsu

if pit and bc remain yearly end of season games then next year we will finish with 2 home games once again

A lot of chicken littles around here. Man oh man. It's like we're a 1-AA team going up against Auburn, Alabama and Florida State in three straight weeks.

Our record will reflect what we are. We hit a lot of speed bumps with injuries this year, but our 6-6 record was probably representative of our talent level.

its not that bad its not like notre dame is unbeatable and Louisville breaking in new qb. The back half is really winnable too after Clemson. The early bye is a product of our own doing
What do you mean? Did we want that early bye? Did we end up getting it because we dragged our feet or muddled things in some way?

It could be useful if you know you are going to be playing a lot of brand new guys and want to give them one game to get their feet wet, then an extra week to teach and practice.

The ACC giving us Florida State and Louisville on a short week after Notre Dame is my only complaint. If they flipped Louisville and Pittsburgh I would have been okay. I hate the Notre Dame games anyway, but that besides the point we scheduled them and the ACC did us no favors with Louisville on a short week and Florida State after that.

Not surprised at this schedule to be honest. With SU locked into playing BC as the last game and Syracuse not really a football power I didnt see much chance of us playing FSU or Clemson late. Also after playing Clemson and FSU so close together this past season I figured they would lump 2 out of FSU, Clemson and the Ville together on our schedule.

To me the ND game is the one that is sticking out like a sore thumb, if we were playing a MAC or Sunbelt team this schedule would look a lot easier.

A few quick thoughts.
1. Lville might not be as tough with a new QB and a new HC. Haven't seen anyone elses schedule but hopefully they have a tough game before or after ours.

2. As I noted above this is a bad year for the ND game, also not in love with it being 4 games into the schedule, woudl rather play ND in week 2 or 3 and play CM when ND is scheduled.

3. Nova is tougher game then it looks on paper, Syracuse should win handily but there far from Norfolk State. That being said nice to see us playing a 1AA to start for pretty much the first time ever.

4. Between - Clemson, Lville, and ND really need to steal a win here somewhere, obviously FSU is a loss but if we have any shot of winning 7 or 8 games we need to avoid going 0 fer against those 4.

5. After last years great ending schedule (two home games), really pissed the last two games are on the road. As other noted the home schedule is pretty much over by Halloween. Terrible job the ACC schedule makers, Gross probably shoudl have kept his mouth shut were paying the price now.

Dont like the early bye but I like the rival games at the end, coming off a bye week, Shafer will have them pumped up and ready. I expect hard nosed wins against the northeast foes. I think we can go 1- 2 or possibly 2-1 during the tough stretch. We will beat Lousiville. Notre Dame doesnt scare me

HATE that week 2 bye, that is usually when college teams show the most improvement, while everyone else is playing, we will get more non-needed rest.

Then, we play the heart of our schedule 9 straight weeks. yikes.

We could start 3-0, then be 3-3 real quick. Those three in a row are TOUGH.

gammon1.jpg

Jake Taylor: [Jake stands up] Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do.

Roger Dorn: What's that?

Jake Taylor: Win the whole fu(king thing.

Not surprised at this schedule to be honest. With SU locked into playing BC as the last game and Syracuse not really a football power I didnt see much chance of us playing FSU or Clemson late. Also after playing Clemson and FSU so close together this past season I figured they would lump 2 out of FSU, Clemson and the Ville together on our schedule.

To me the ND game is the one that is sticking out like a sore thumb, if we were playing a MAC or Sunbelt team this schedule would look a lot easier.

A few quick thoughts.
1. Lville might not be as tough with a new QB and a new HC. Haven't seen anyone elses schedule but hopefully they have a tough game before or after ours.

2. As I noted above this is a bad year for the ND game, also not in love with it being 4 games into the schedule, woudl rather play ND in week 2 or 3 and play CM when ND is scheduled.

3. Nova is tougher game then it looks on paper, Syracuse should win handily but there far from Norfolk State. That being said nice to see us playing a 1AA to start for pretty much the first time ever.

4. Between - Clemson, Lville, and ND really need to steal a win here somewhere, obviously FSU is a loss but if we have any shot of winning 7 or 8 games we need to avoid going 0 fer against those 4.

5. After last years great ending schedule (two home games), really pissed the last two games are on the road. As other noted the home schedule is pretty much over by Halloween. Terrible job the ACC schedule makers, Gross probably shoudl have kept his mouth shut were paying the price now.

agreed. All done by first week in november LOL

weird home slate.

Anyone do a macro analysis of the schedule yet? The ACC site doesn't work on my computer. Wondering how many teams we play after their bye weeks. Who does UL have coming into our game? Hoping its kinda tough as it would make their short week comparable.

Not thrilled with the way things turned out but we could be favored in 5 of our last 6 games.

Link

Completely agree, but we have to hope that the team hasn't been ground up by then.

Composite ACC schedule

Thursday, August 28
Wake Forest at Louisiana-Monroe
Saturday, August 30
Boston College at UMass
Clemson at Georgia
Elon at Duke
Oklahoma State vs. Florida State (Dallas)
Wofford at Georgia Tech
Liberty at North Carolina
Georgia Southern at NC State
Delaware at Pitt
Villanova at Syracuse
UCLA at Virginia
William & Mary at Virginia Tech
Monday, September 1
Miami at Louisville, 8 PM, ESPN
Friday, September 5
Pitt at Boston College ESPN/ESPN2
Saturday, September 6
South Carolina State at Clemson
Duke at Troy
The Citadel at Florida State
Georgia Tech at Tulane
Murray State at Louisville
Florida A&M at Miami
San Diego State at North Carolina
Old Dominion at NC State
Richmond at Virginia
Virginia Tech at Ohio State
Gardner-Webb at Wake Forest
Saturday, September 13
Southern California at Boston College
Kansas at Duke
Georgia Southern at Georgia Tech
Arkansas State at Miami
NC State at South Florida
Pitt at Florida International
Syracuse at Central Michigan
Louisville at Virginia
East Carolina at Virginia Tech
Wake Forest at Utah State
Saturday, September 20
Maine at Boston College
Tulane at Duke
Clemson at Florida State
Louisville at Florida International
Miami at Nebraska
North Carolina at East Carolina
Presbyterian at NC State
Iowa at Pitt
Maryland at Syracuse
Virginia at BYU
Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech
Army at Wake Forest
Saturday, September 27
Colorado State at Boston College
North Carolina at Clemson
Wake Forest at
Louisville
Duke at Miami
Florida State at NC State
Akron at Pitt
Notre Dame at Syracuse
Kent State at Virginia
Western Michigan at Virginia Tech
Friday, October 3
Louisville at Syracuse, ESPN/ESPN2
Saturday, October 4
NC State at Clemson
Wake Forest at Florida State
Miami at Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech at North Carolina
Pitt at Virginia
Saturday, October 11
Louisville at Clemson
Duke at Georgia Tech
Cincinnati at Miami
North Carolina at Notre Dame
Boston College at NC State
Florida State at Syracuse
Thursday, October 16
Virginia Tech at Pitt, ESPN
Saturday, October 18
Clemson at Boston College
Virginia at Duke
Notre Dame at Florida State
NC State at Louisville
Georgia Tech at North Carolina
Syracuse at Wake Forest
Thursday, October 23
Miami at Virginia Tech, ESPN
Saturday, October 25
Syracuse at Clemson
Georgia Tech at Pitt
North Carolina at Virginia
Boston College at Wake Forest
Thursday, October 30
Florida State at Louisville, ESPN
Saturday, November 1
Virginia at Georgia Tech
North Carolina at Miami
Duke at Pitt
NC State at Syracuse
Boston College at Virginia Tech
Thursday, November 6
Clemson at Wake Forest, ESPN
Saturday, November 8
Louisville at Boston College
Virginia at Florida State
Georgia Tech at NC State
Duke at Syracuse
Saturday,
November 15
Virginia Tech at Duke
Clemson at Georgia Tech
Florida State at Miami
Pitt at North Carolina
Wake Forest at NC State
Thursday, November 20
North Carolina at Duke, ESPN
Saturday, November 22
Georgia State at Clemson
Boston College at Florida State
Louisville at Notre Dame
Syracuse at Pitt
Miami at Virginia
Virginia Tech at Wake Forest
Friday, November 28
Virginia at Virginia Tech
Saturday, November 29
Syracuse at Boston College
South Carolina at Clemson
Wake Forest at Duke
Florida at Florida State
Georgia Tech at Georgia
Kentucky at Louisville
Pitt at Miami
NC State at North Carolina
Saturday, December 6
Dr Pepper ACC Football Championship
Game

Why are people blaming the ACC for the early bye week? Isn't that on SU? Did they tell us to keep the 2nd weekend open just in case?

I wish we had originally had Pitt/BC alternating home away. But it sounds like the whole thing will be blown up some day anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I don't think this schedule is so bad. You can't change the teams, so the order of them doesn't matter much to me. If we don't start out 3-0, that's on us. If we don't start out 4-1, that's on us (Louisville is at the Dome on a Friday night early in the season without Teddy and without Charlie Strong, do people view that as one of the tougher games?).

FSU blows us out, ok, check. But then we need to beat Wake Forest. I would hope 2013 showed us how this team can react to a blowout. So if we're not 5-2, that's on us.

Go to Death Valley, probably another tough game, although shouldn't be quite as strong a Clemson team as this year. 5-3. If we're not 6-3 after returning home to play NC State, that's on us.

Then you end with 3 complete toss ups. We could win them all, we could lose them all. Ending on the road twice sucks, but if people didn't see that coming, then I don't think they paid attention to 2013. The Superfans will be on Thanksgiving break, if that helps.

We're in a tougher league now, schedules look tougher. We'll step up to the challenge. ACC doing us no favors comments are off base. ACC did us a huge favor, they saved us from purgatory. Having to play FSU and Clemson over 3 weeks isn't a reason to start questioning them.

Opponents Schedules Before & After They Play Us.

Villanova - None --- ?
Central Michigan - @ Purdue --- @ Kansas
Maryland - West Virginia --- @ Indiana
Notre Dame - Bye Week --- Stanford
Louisville - Wake Forest --- @ Clemson
Florida State - Wake Forest --- Notre Dame
Wake Forest - Bye Week --- Boston College
Clemson - @ Boston College --- Bye Week
NC State - Bye Week --- Georgia Tech
Duke - @ Pitt --- Virginia Tech
Pitt - @ UNC --- @ Miami
Boston College - @ Florida State --- None

Chip said:
Why are people blaming the ACC for the early bye week? Isn't that on SU? Did they tell us to keep the 2nd weekend open just in case? I wish we had originally had Pitt/BC alternating home away. But it sounds like the whole thing will be blown up some day anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter. I don't think this schedule is so bad. You can't change the teams, so the order of them doesn't matter much to me. If we don't start out 3-0, that's on us. If we don't start out 4-1, that's on us (Louisville is at the Dome on a Friday night early in the season without Teddy and without Charlie Strong, do people view that as one of the tougher games?). FSU blows us out, ok, check. But then we need to beat Wake Forest. I would hope 2013 showed us how this team can react to a blowout. So if we're not 5-2, that's on us. Go to Death Valley, probably another tough game, although shouldn't be quite as strong a Clemson team as this year. 5-3. If we're not 6-3 after returning home to play NC State, that's on us. Then you end with 3 complete toss ups. We could win them all, we could lose them all. Ending on the road twice sucks, but if people didn't see that coming, then I don't think they paid attention to 2013. The Superfans will be on Thanksgiving break, if that helps. We're in a tougher league now, schedules look tougher. We'll step up to the challenge. ACC doing us no favors comments are off base. ACC did us a huge favor, they saved us from purgatory. Having to play FSU and Clemson over 3 weeks isn't a reason to start questioning them.

Agree 100% with all this. I think the difference between another 6-6 year and potentially a special season is the Notre Dame/Louisville swing. 2 important games.

I was hoping to attend Notre Dame game but its sandwiched in between 3 home games. Going to be hard to justify that trip.:noidea:

6-6 season written all over it. which, i guess, we are happy with?

i do see a basement of 5-7 and a ceiling of 8-4. who knows.

Sean Keeley‏@NunesMagician6 mins
Syracuse fans, please feel free to plan your fall weddings for September 6th or November 15th. Thank you.

Too late. Instead of having a bye on the most logical weekend, they gave us Louisville on the weekend of the 4th, which I'll now have to miss.

Fall weddings...