Football Schedule Released Tomorrow 3pm | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Football Schedule Released Tomorrow 3pm

6-6 season written all over it. which, i guess, we are happy with?

i do see a basement of 5-7 and a ceiling of 8-4. who knows.

We already knew all of the opponents. I think 7 regular season wins should be the minimum expectation. I'd like to see 8. I know it sounds crazy on the surface, but I only see 3 games where we'll be a decided underdog.

LOL The great ACC did us no favors. Early open date. Lville and FSU back to back right after ND. And the home schedule is over real early. Thanks ACC.

The home schedule is going to be over early every year if we play Pitt and BC to close the season. Next year it ends late again.

Opponents Schedules Before & After They Play Us.

Villanova - None --- ?
Central Michigan - @ Purdue --- @ Kansas
Maryland - West Virginia --- @ Indiana
Notre Dame - Bye Week --- Stanford
Louisville - Wake Forest --- @ Clemson
Florida State - Wake Forest --- Notre Dame
Wake Forest - Bye Week --- Boston College
Clemson - @ Boston College --- Bye Week
NC State - Bye Week --- Georgia Tech
Duke - @ Pitt --- Virginia Tech
Pitt - @ UNC --- @ Miami
Boston College - @ Florida State --- None

ND, Wake and NCSt have open weeks before they play us. Our first one is in week two after Nova and before CMU. Tremendous.

People are crazy if they don't think how a schedule lays out and who you are playing when doesn't make a significant difference.

The home schedule is going to be over early every year if we play Pitt and BC to close the season. Next year it ends late again.

One way to look at that is that you are looking at tailgating in late November. There is some goodness there.

Why are people blaming the ACC for the early bye week? Isn't that on SU? Did they tell us to keep the 2nd weekend open just in case?

I wish we had originally had Pitt/BC alternating home away. But it sounds like the whole thing will be blown up some day anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I don't think this schedule is so bad. You can't change the teams, so the order of them doesn't matter much to me. If we don't start out 3-0, that's on us. If we don't start out 4-1, that's on us (Louisville is at the Dome on a Friday night early in the season without Teddy and without Charlie Strong, do people view that as one of the tougher games?).

FSU blows us out, ok, check. But then we need to beat Wake Forest. I would hope 2013 showed us how this team can react to a blowout. So if we're not 5-2, that's on us.

Go to Death Valley, probably another tough game, although shouldn't be quite as strong a Clemson team as this year. 5-3. If we're not 6-3 after returning home to play NC State, that's on us.

Then you end with 3 complete toss ups. We could win them all, we could lose them all. Ending on the road twice sucks, but if people didn't see that coming, then I don't think they paid attention to 2013. The Superfans will be on Thanksgiving break, if that helps.

We're in a tougher league now, schedules look tougher. We'll step up to the challenge. ACC doing us no favors comments are off base. ACC did us a huge favor, they saved us from purgatory. Having to play FSU and Clemson over 3 weeks isn't a reason to start questioning them.

You summed up my thoughts much better than I probably would have. Great post!

What do you mean? Did we want that early bye? Did we end up getting it because we dragged our feet or muddled things in some way?

It could be useful if you know you are going to be playing a lot of brand new guys and want to give them one game to get their feet wet, then an extra week to teach and practice.

if we wanted to play 9/6 should have got ooc game in there otherwise your at the mercy of the acc since all but 1 game that week is OOC

We already knew all of the opponents. I think 7 regular season wins should be the minimum expectation. I'd like to see 8. I know it sounds crazy on the surface, but I only see 3 games where we'll be a decided underdog.

I disagree. i think we are underdogs in 8-9 games. That said, we could win 8. Just need Hunt to improve.

GoSU96 said:
ND, Wake and NCSt have open weeks before they play us. Our first one is in week two after Nova and before CMU. Tremendous. People are crazy if they don't think how a schedule lays out and who you are playing when doesn't make a significant difference.

Appears some don't get that.

ND, Wake and NCSt have open weeks before they play us. Our first one is in week two after Nova and before CMU. Tremendous.

People are crazy if they don't think how a schedule lays out and who you are playing when doesn't make a significant difference.

It certainly makes a difference, but it's almost impossible not to find flaws when you play a tougher schedule.

First bye week is on us, but look at it this way. We basically get an extended preseason camp with a built in scrimmage. It's what we've always wanted. We have several talented (judging by offers) WRs coming in. Now we may have a chance to get some of them ready for more important games. Can't get that when you open with Penn State and NW. By the time they start getting acclimated, we've already been through two important swing games.

2nd bye week could be timed better, sure. Some of the ACC did us no favors stuff is a little over the top.

Appears some don't get that.

Shot at me, but come on if you guys are going to tell me that in your initial posts you already analyzed who had bye weeks before they play us.

The bright side, it's nice to see you and Go agreeing on something. I get worried about you two sometimes.

Why are people blaming the ACC for the early bye week? Isn't that on SU? Did they tell us to keep the 2nd weekend open just in case?

I wish we had originally had Pitt/BC alternating home away. But it sounds like the whole thing will be blown up some day anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I don't think this schedule is so bad. You can't change the teams, so the order of them doesn't matter much to me. If we don't start out 3-0, that's on us. If we don't start out 4-1, that's on us (Louisville is at the Dome on a Friday night early in the season without Teddy and without Charlie Strong, do people view that as one of the tougher games?).

FSU blows us out, ok, check. But then we need to beat Wake Forest. I would hope 2013 showed us how this team can react to a blowout. So if we're not 5-2, that's on us.

Go to Death Valley, probably another tough game, although shouldn't be quite as strong a Clemson team as this year. 5-3. If we're not 6-3 after returning home to play NC State, that's on us.

Then you end with 3 complete toss ups. We could win them all, we could lose them all. Ending on the road twice sucks, but if people didn't see that coming, then I don't think they paid attention to 2013. The Superfans will be on Thanksgiving break, if that helps.

We're in a tougher league now, schedules look tougher. We'll step up to the challenge. ACC doing us no favors comments are off base. ACC did us a huge favor, they saved us from purgatory. Having to play FSU and Clemson over 3 weeks isn't a reason to start questioning them.

Agreed Chip. I give credit to the SU AD office for finally scheduling a relatively easy game to open the season with but what is up with a bye in week 2?

It would be more understandable if we had done this all those years we started off the season with a tough game, or even if week 3 featured a really tough opponent but this makes no sense and again, the failure of the AD office to intelligently schedule OOC games has greatly handicapped the football program and made it a lot more difficult to get a bowl bid.

Look at the other schools in the ACC:

Clemson opens with Georgia, played SC State in week 2, has a bye in week 3, then plays FSU in week 4.

FSU opens with Okie State, plays The Citadel in week 2, has a bye in week 3, then plays Clemson in week 4.

BC opens at UMass and plays Pitt in week 2, then plays USC, Maine and Colorado State to end September, has a bye in week 6 before getting into ACC conference play the rest of the way.

Pitt plays Delaware in week 1, then plays BC, then plays at FIU, hosts Iowa and Akron, visits Virginia and gets a bye before conference play.

No one else in the ACC has a bye in week 2 and I bet once all the schedules for 2014 are announced, no member of a P5 conference will have one except us.

Here is a list of all ACC schools and the maximum number of games they play on consecutive weeks in 2014:

BC 5
Clemson 6
Duke 5
Florida State 5
Georgia Tech 7
Louisville 8
Miami 7
North Carolina 7
North Carolina State 8 (includes 4 weak OOC opponents)
Pittsburgh 6
Syracuse 9 (all BCS opponents)
Virginia 6
Virginia Tech 6
Wake Forest 6

Not good.

Wow, does that schedule suck or what? I really enjoy playing good teams but this is crazy. We should be 3-0 going into Notre Dame but where are the other 3 wins coming from?

Chip said:
Shot at me, but come on if you guys are going to tell me that in your initial posts you already analyzed who had bye weeks before they play us. The bright side, it's nice to see you and Go agreeing on something. I get worried about you two sometimes.

Actually no. Just in general.

Shot at me, but come on if you guys are going to tell me that in your initial posts you already analyzed who had bye weeks before they play us.

The bright side, it's nice to see you and Go agreeing on something. I get worried about you two sometimes.

Ah, we're fine.

As for the bye weeks, no, it just makes it worse.

Wow, does that schedule suck or what? I really enjoy playing good teams but this is crazy. We should be 3-0 going into Notre Dame but where are the other 3 wins coming from?

How about Lville, Duke, NC State, @Wake, @ Pitt, @ BC? I don't think you're giving your own team enough credit. Besides FSU and @ Clemson, the rest of the games are all plenty winnable.

I initially agreed with Chip and I still do. But I'm also starting to see Bees and GoSU's perspective. Anyway, I'm just glad we are talking about football again instead of another thread about uniforms.

Completely agree, but we have to hope that the team hasn't been ground up by then.

dude were one of the best teams in the league next year. playing us going to be tough for other teams no more grob days.

look at 1 positive in the schedule we get an extra day to prepare for florida state and November schedule is soft and doable once again. 5-3 at worst after Clemson game should be goal

the first bye doesn't bother me as that was mostly under our control, I wish the 2nd bye was after the Clemson game but its not a big deal to me

now that 2014 schedule is out frazier needs to get with announcing the rest of 2015 non conference games that are supposedly done

now that 2014 schedule is out frazier needs to get with announcing the rest of 2015 non conference games that are supposedly done

Ah, good luck with that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom