Football Schedule Released Tomorrow 3pm | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Football Schedule Released Tomorrow 3pm

what an absolute disaster this schedule is.

since i'm in a positive mode i like the fact that our students will be able to attend the 1st half of ALL our games. No Thanksgiving break, which hurt Pitt and BC past season.

have a good chance to be 3-0 heading into ND. Actually we have to be 3-0 at that point

Opus said:
I just don't like the fact that the last two games are on the road. But if that is all I can complain about... ;)

Unless there's a change, we're going to be playing the last two games on the road every other year.

SU should have tried to switch that so that it was home/away every year. This setup came about when we made the move from the Big East to ACC. We should have played Pitt on the road last year so we're not always playing Pitt and BC away every other year back to back.

from what I read there was a solid amount. That freak out like we are going to struggle. Yea 9 games in a row is tough but we are a top 5 team next year in the acc and outside of Clemson and fsu every game is winnable.

it's not people are freaking out most are being pretty realistic. it doesn't matter who you are we didn't get any favors with this schedule. our depth still isn't where it needs to be, it's getting there, but we are still a year or 2 off. 9 straight games, is asking for a ton of trouble. and that "easy" November people may be counting on are going to be on the road against 2 teams that had a pretty solid season and will only improve. Where our bye weeks are positioned don't do us any good, and more then a few teams have byes before meeting up with us. I expect us to be compete in every game, and once again be a bowl team, it's just going to be tough because of the schedule.

MSOrange said:
I initially agreed with Chip and I still do. But I'm also starting to see Bees and GoSU's perspective. Anyway, I'm just glad we are talking about football again instead of another thread about uniforms.

We're the Orange! We need at least 30% more orange!

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Unless there's a change, we're going to be playing the last two games on the road every other year.

SU should have tried to switch that so that it was home/away every year. This setup came about when we made the move from the Big East to ACC. We should have played Pitt on the road last year so we're not always playing Pitt and BC away every other year back to back.
Ahh I didn't realize that. That does suck. Thanks.

cuseguy said:
Unless there's a change, we're going to be playing the last two games on the road every other year. SU should have tried to switch that so that it was home/away every year. This setup came about when we made the move from the Big East to ACC. We should have played Pitt on the road last year so we're not always playing Pitt and BC away every other year back to back.

We should wait and see how the new alignment shakes out. If the league either moves teams between divisions, or scraps them entirely, the schedule may change as a result.

Gentlemen...I don't think we'll have to break out the propane heaters this year! Well maybe just once or twice. BTW, I see us opening 4-2...and closing 4-2...it'll just be a little rough in the middle.

what an absolute disaster this schedule is.

since i'm in a positive mode i like the fact that our students will be able to attend the 1st half of ALL our games. No Thanksgiving break, which hurt Pitt and BC past season.

have a good chance to be 3-0 heading into ND. Actually we have to be 3-0 at that point

Sorry...why is this schedule a disaster?

I really don't see it that way at all.

Sorry...why is this schedule a disaster?

I really don't see it that way at all.

just my opinion but this is from one of my posts above on my reasoning

it's not people are freaking out most are being pretty realistic. it doesn't matter who you are we didn't get any favors with this schedule. our depth still isn't where it needs to be, it's getting there, but we are still a year or 2 off. 9 straight games, is asking for a ton of trouble. and that "easy" November people may be counting on are going to be on the road against 2 teams that had a pretty solid season and will only improve. Where our bye weeks are positioned don't do us any good, and more then a few teams have byes before meeting up with us. I expect us to be compete in every game, and once again be a bowl team, it's just going to be tough because of the schedule.

Funny, in the Big East we would play 8 in a row every year...

Louisville on a Friday night, which also happens to be my 30th birthday! Gonna have to start the tailgate early!

I know they'll never do it but the nimrods running the Dome need to play this song before the L'ville game

LOL The great ACC did us no favors. Early open date. Lville and FSU back to back right after ND. And the home schedule is over real early. Thanks ACC.

You expecting something different? SU will be treated like a northern red headed step child by the good ole boys.

Well written post. This is about as bad as you could have drawn up our schedule given the team on the slate. the bye weeks are useless, and the arrangement of teams is brutal. No one is saying they would rather be playing SMU and UConn, but you could have put these 12 teams in a hat and drawn them at random and gotten a better schedule for us 9 times out of 10.

Well written post. This is about as bad as you could have drawn up our schedule given the team on the slate. the bye weeks are useless, and the arrangement of teams is brutal. No one is saying they would rather be playing SMU and UConn, but you could have put these 12 teams in a hat and drawn them at random and gotten a better schedule for us 9 times out of 10.

Quit your Bitchen! We wanted to be in a good league and now we are!!!One very nice positive is that all our home games are done by the first week of Nov so we should have good weather for tailgating.Of course ,If you people only watch the games on TV than that won't matter to you....Go Orange!!!!

The choices at this schedule and an AAAAACCKK! schedule. Temple and UConn or Clemson and FSU? I know which I prefer but then I have never been a fan of scheduling cupcakes to pretend 10 wins versus pop warner teams is a really worth bragging rights.

So we play in a conference that is predominately southern and we have an indoor stadium and our last two games are @ Pitt and @ BC. Understand the desire to stoke the Cuse - BC rivalry but going to be a tough sell to get Mrs. C to sit outside in New England in late November.

We should wait and see how the new alignment shakes out. If the league either moves teams between divisions, or scraps them entirely, the schedule may change as a result.

Yeah, I don't think this season ending series with BC/Pitt is going to continue in its current format.

One thing that could be interesting though. Let's say we get to where we all want to be, program is Top 25 range, students are coming out in full force and having the kind of impact on a home game atmosphere that they could and should. Do we want to end the season with 2 home games? SU gives the whole week off for Thanksgiving now, so you lose them for 2 games. I would think we'd want 1 game at most in those 2 weeks.

I hope no one gives the "students should stick around" routine. I mean, I went to the games during breaks when I was in school, but my hometown was 35 miles away. If a kid truly went away to school, how can someone judge them for leaving on a break to go see their family?

Yeah, I don't think this season ending series with BC/Pitt is going to continue in its current format.

One thing that could be interesting though. Let's say we get to where we all want to be, program is Top 25 range, students are coming out in full force and having the kind of impact on a home game atmosphere that they could and should. Do we want to end the season with 2 home games? SU gives the whole week off for Thanksgiving now, so you lose them for 2 games. I would think we'd want 1 game at most in those 2 weeks.

I hope no one gives the "students should stick around" routine. I mean, I went to the games during breaks when I was in school, but my hometown was 35 miles away. If a kid truly went away to school, how can someone judge them for leaving on a break to go see their family?

Is SU actually going to give students the full week of Thanksgiving off in the future? Thought it was a one-time thing because of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah being at the same time.

Nice job getting the helmets set up at the top of the forum!

Is SU actually going to give students the full week of Thanksgiving off in the future? Thought it was a one-time thing because of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah being at the same time.

Yes and no. This wasn't a one-time change, but I think the week off will be revisited because it's unpopular among the faculty and generally disruptive and anti-learning.

On depth... look, we're now in the 6th year post-GumpRob. At some point we gotta stop talking about depth like it's some unmanageable albatross. If we can't build at least some fashion of sufficient depth in six years then we're just not recruiting well enough, and no schedule configuration will allow us to mask that.

On November/road games... we play 4 ACC teams on the road every year. I don't understand this point at all. 3 of those 4 roadies are imminently winnable, and 2 of them occur immediately after our 2nd bye week. Good teams win road games, and SU has done a pretty darn good job of winning road games against our peer set over the past few years.

On the bye weeks... it's legitimate to wish the bye in week 2 was a couple weeks later. At the same time, people have bitched incessantly for years and years about our too-difficult opening schedule. This year is a cupcake as SU has ever had since I set foot on campus 22 years ago. FCS, Bye, MAC, Maryland at home. I mean that's begging for a 3-0 start. And we can't have it both ways, if we want to open easy then we will have to face a tougher run at some point in the schedule.

If this program is really improving as everyone here wants to believe, then there are 8 wins for the taking on this schedule.

I know that this must be a typo, but the official 2014 ACC schedules say Notre Dame @ Syracuse on 9/27. It doesn't call that game out at The Meadowlands. Earlier in the season, a game between Oklahoma State vs. Florida State has Dallas in parentheses...

[url]http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/2014-ACC-Football-Schedule_01-21-14_pmwi99[/URL]

For the purposes of the ACC/Notre Dame agreement, I think they are considering it a road game for Notre Dame. When they start the 5 games per year, it should alternate 2H/3A then 3H/2A.