For those of you obsessed with attendance | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you obsessed with attendance

To me it was shockingly loud for the crowd #s. It wasn’t Miami in the 90s loud , but I was yelling as loud as I could and could barely hear myself .
Overall it wasn’t Miami loud, but close. Except for one play that was just as loud when 81 made that interception it reminded me of when Dan Conley made the interception in that game it was that loud, and the crazy thing is if memory serves think it was in the the same spot on the field same direction as dans was.

Another great moment in a game of great moments!

Last edited:
The JMA Wireless Dome was, at times, deafening on Saturday night.

Louisville football once tried to huddle and did all it could to overcome the noise level. Between the crowd and the Cardinals’ self-inflicted struggles, U of L opened the season with a 31-7 loss to Syracuse.

"You just gotta adjust," Louisville offensive lineman Caleb Chandler said of the crowd noise. "We actually went to a silent count to fix all that and it was just hard to hear for the clap. At one point we thought T Huddy (Tyler Hudson) jumped offsides, but everybody ran the play but the offensive line and we didn't even hear the call. So, it was very loud, and props to their fans for coming out and showing out tonight."

It's been stated elsewhere but that game was absolutely important in building buzz.

It was a dominant and fun performance and a fun environment.

There's some buzz locally after last night.

Absolutely cannot lay an egg at UConn. Play as hard next week as last night, and there will be an improved headcount for Purdue.

Really bad post. I don’t care about numbers. That was as loud as I’ve heard it in there since Freeney days. I give credit to the students for fueling the fire but EVERYBODY in there played a role last night. I don’t know what building you were in.

I didn’t mention anything about the volume or the role anyone in there played. The people in there were loud, hats off to them. It would be earplug worthy if there were 45,000, maybe even 40. Way louder than the old Dome. My disdain is for the lame fans in Onondaga County who can’t drive the 15 or 20 minutes. Yeah yeah I know excuses. I drove three hours on a spur of the moment decision.

But many many people thought the place was empty. The pictures I have are lots of silver. The 3 of us were talking up 6 seats as were all the people around us. People more spread out makes it look more crowded.

I love the lame local fans to though cuz I can pull in, walk up to the box office, buy the cheapest ticket they sell and then sit on a 40 yard line 3rd level seat that costs what maybe $500 or $600 for two season tix? Perfect. Stay away locals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom