For those of you obsessed with attendance | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you obsessed with attendance

Ugh 30 minutes to go. Place is dead…hope it picks up!!

Wow the crowd is embarrassing. Students have come out and are LOUD. Hats off to the students. too bad they didn’t have the townies behind them…darn shame

Allow me to help you all break this down:

About 2500-3000 season tickets are shown as available online (as we know, there's more than that)
3 game plans and 2 game plans are also still available. Still unknown as how many remain, but I would wager about 500 of those plans are spread out amongst the sections

Call it 3500 open seats thus far

Group tickets will be withheld from any maps (typically higher up in sections) as seen below, I highly doubt these are all sold (section 303-302)
View attachment 219176

I would wager for the Louisville game there are still about 5k group-coded seats still hidden

Up to 8500 seats.

Now looking further at the ticketmaster map (without resell tix) and it's obviously ugly. I am not going to sit and count all those seats, but this number could be anywhere from 9 to 12k.

Let's call it 10,500.

19,000 seats are open in my estimates.

roughly 30,262 seats are "taken" (Game 1 Attendance)

But now you have to hope all those people reselling either sell or come, all the students show up, and the walk up tickets pick up a bit (doubtful there)

All in all - I am going to wager that ACTUAL attendance = 28,500 and the announced attendance is 34,195
I was gladly well off. A lot moved the final week+ which is great, but SU needs to get off their hands more often - it’s clear what a good crowd can do.

Butts in seats = 36k & change.

Purdue should be a few more than tonight. UVA, NC State, and ND could all be 'great' crowds if we keep winning. Wagner won't be that bad for Wagner but that one doesn't really matter. I think the team is going to get a huge boost this year from the fans in our home games.

It was around 27k realistically tonight. I brought along a new convertee and I made it clear don’t expect a packed house. With that said that was one of the best crowds iv been apart of at the dome. Clemson sold out was insane and gave me a glimpse of what could be and the Finley dungey game was quite rowdy but I don’t remember anything like that. There was a unison chant at one point. Everyone was going absolutely nuts! We made Louisville use a timeout with not even half capacity crowd! If they start making more believers this year it’s gonna be absolutely insane at the loud house .

It was around 27k realistically tonight. I brought along a new convertee and I made it clear don’t expect a packed house. With that said that was one of the best crowds iv been apart of at the dome. Clemson sold out was insane and gave me a glimpse of what could be and the Finley dungey game was quite rowdy but I don’t remember anything like that. There was a unison chant at one point. Everyone was going absolutely nuts! We made Louisville use a timeout with not even half capacity crowd! If they start making more believers this year it’s gonna be absolutely insane at the loud house .
I agree. Think there were under 30,000 in the building but crowd was amped up and certainly involved.

Definitely 28-30k actually fannies in seats. Pretty loud though. The new dome holds the sound in better. Still not close to as loud as it’s been. Those there were into it.

Students were fantastic.

One minor quibble. We gotta be louder on first and second down. We know to get loud on 3rd. Sat on our hands too much.

Wow the crowd is embarrassing. Students have come out and are LOUD. Hats off to the students. too bad they didn’t have the townies behind them…darn shame
Really bad post. I don’t care about numbers. That was as loud as I’ve heard it in there since Freeney days. I give credit to the students for fueling the fire but EVERYBODY in there played a role last night. I don’t know what building you were in.

Really bad post. I don’t care about numbers. That was as loud as I’ve heard it in there since Freeney days. I give credit to the students for fueling the fire but EVERYBODY in there played a role last night. I don’t know what building you were in.
Preach.

Are we really thinking 7-10k of people bought tickets and didnt show up? 1/3 of the people wasted their money? the upper deck was around 40-50% in many places and the lower deck was like 80-90% full. people spread out for sure. But i had people move to sit in my area that is almost always empty.

Definitely 28-30k actually fannies in seats. Pretty loud though. The new dome holds the sound in better. Still not close to as loud as it’s been. Those there were into it.

Students were fantastic.

One minor quibble. We gotta be louder on first and second down. We know to get loud on 3rd. Sat on our hands too much.
To me it was shockingly loud for the crowd #s. It wasn’t Miami in the 90s loud , but I was yelling as loud as I could and could barely hear myself .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom