For those that went, how was the noise level? | Syracusefan.com

For those that went, how was the noise level?

OrangeDW

Living Legend
My standard for an insanely loud Dome hoop crowd has long been the 2003 Pitt game. You couldn't even hear yourself yell for awhile in the second half of that one. How did this game rank in terms of noise?

I watched at a bar, so couldn't really hear the TV and that is misleading these days anyway as they often mute the mics and you can't really get a great sense for how loud it is. You could tell the crowd was really into it in the second half. Seemed like it was rocking. Was it up there with that Pitt game and the old 80s- early 90s GTown games?

Think it was definitely louder than the 35,400 game.

Was electric from the get-go and the student section was great. If you have the snapchat app I suggest watching the game's "snap story" from the evening. A guy took a video of how loud it was about a 50 yards standing outside the dome. Nuts. The whole city could probably hear the Dookies dropping logs.

Was electric from the get-go and the student section was great. If you have the snapchat app I suggest watching the game's "snap story" from the evening. A guy took a video of how loud it was about a 50 yards standing outside the dome. Nuts. The whole city could probably hear the Dookies dropping logs.

I have Snapchat but unfortunately cannot watch in Charlotte. From my TV it sounded extremely loud!

Just as loud at times as the 35k+ game, imo. I don't think the Dome could be louder than it was when Gillon's shot dropped, though.

I think the 35k game had a little more sustained energy from start to finish (I don't remember sitting basically the whole 2nd half of that one) but the peaks from last night's game were as high as ever.

. A guy took a video of how loud it was about a 50 yards standing outside the dome. Nuts. The whole city could probably hear the Dookies dropping logs.

Link to the video. I'd love to see it.

I have Snapchat but unfortunately cannot watch in Charlotte. From my TV it sounded extremely loud!

What do you mean you can't watch in Charlotte? Can't watch the snapchat story? Just search for Syracuse in stories and it will come up.

What do you mean you can't watch in Charlotte? Can't watch the snapchat story? Just search for Syracuse in stories and it will come up.

Correct. I try searching and nothing comes up for me.

I can't save/upload the vid unfortunately

It's called "Syracuse vs Duke"

Yeah I try searching stories and typing that and it shows me "No Results". Never knew you could do this so maybe I don't have proper settings.

Yeah I try searching stories and typing that and it shows me "No Results". Never knew you could do this so maybe I don't have proper settings.

It may only be viewable to those in the 315 or NY?? I don't know. I mean other than that 5-6 second clip, the other segments weren't all that great.

I was in 210, so maybe it's misleading with the funny sound in there, but I thought the UVA game was louder. Come to think of it, I was in 210 for UVA, too. So last night wasn't that loud. Though there was a sweet silence...silence...explosion when the shot was in the air and then dropped.

Still a great crowd for a weeknight, I thought we'd never see that. Kind of an antsy/drunk crowd, though. Makes sense, because Duke attracts a lot of people who aren't really serious fans.

Hmm weird. Must be a location specific thing then, which is strange.

Trust me I'd love to be able to watch (big fan of snapchat). I try to follow as many Syracuse accounts as I can to see stuff like this!

That's cool. My friend and I got a late jump and were walking through the Archbold/Carnegie alley just as (I assume) SU scored the first basket. And the roar was audible from ~75 meters outside of the building.

Just as loud at times as the 35k+ game, imo. I don't think the Dome could be louder than it was when Gillon's shot dropped, though.

I think the 35k game had a little more sustained energy from start to finish (I don't remember sitting basically the whole 2nd half of that one) but the peaks from last night's game were as high as ever.

You put it better than I did. There were some loud moments, but also some lulls.

It may only be viewable to those in the 315 or NY?? I don't know. I mean other than that 5-6 second clip, the other segments weren't all that great.

Interesting. Hopefully I figure it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom