For those that went, how was the noise level? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For those that went, how was the noise level?

There have been louder sustained games, but I'd put the moment the shot went through up there with the all time moments. It was like a bomb went off.

Even Michael Owens...you sensed he was going to get in so the crowd crescendowed. This was from silence to deafening in an instant.

There have been louder sustained games, but I'd put the moment the shot went through up there with the all time moments. It was like a bomb went off.

Even Michael Owens...you sensed he was going to get in so the crowd crescendowed. This was from silence to deafening in an instant.

On the opposite side I'll never forget the moment when Charles Smith hit the scoop shot at the buzzer to give Georgetown the win in 1988 - the Dome went from deafening to silence in a moment - much prefer last night's ending!

Just realized, I think this is the first time i've complemented the student section in upwards of 5 years.

'98 SU-VT: McNabb to Brominski was similar to this but probably louder due to the extra 20,000.

This. I would say the crowd was pretty great for most of the game. Definitely some lulls, as some have already stated. But when that shot went up, the entire Dome was silent for that split second, and then BOOM. I've had season tickets since I was a student up there ('03 grad), and this moment was the loudest that I can remember. Just awesome to be a part of this. We've been so lucky to have seen as many classics as we have here at home, but this game will always be special.

That lull was the best. It's like everyone hoped for a make, expected a miss, then paused another second or two almost in disbelief when the ball went through before going completely nuts

Guys there was a sideline court side vid someone posted last night? I can't find it. If someone has it can you please repost? It was great

So true! It seemed like the shot hung in the air for 10 seconds, and then...BOOM

I was in 210, so maybe it's misleading with the funny sound in there, but I thought the UVA game was louder. Come to think of it, I was in 210 for UVA, too. So last night wasn't that loud. Though there was a sweet silence...silence...explosion when the shot was in the air and then dropped.

Still a great crowd for a weeknight, I thought we'd never see that. Kind of an antsy/drunk crowd, though. Makes sense, because Duke attracts a lot of people who aren't really serious fans.

When did you move to 210? I was wondering why I hadn't seen you over in 307 lately.

I remember the players saying how the floor was vibrating during the 2003 Pitt game.

I remember Dion saying the floor would shake at times too.

When Gillon's shot went in, the noise went up to 11.

I just watched the replay and rewound to watch the shot about 20 times, and my reaction at home made me miss the reaction of the crowd last night. Jake's description of a bomb going off is a good one, that really comes across on TV.

By far the loudest game I ever heard was at Manley in the early 70's. SU vs St Johns. You couldn't hear any yelling or screaming or cheering or clapping at times. All you heard was a ringing noise.

By far the loudest game I ever heard was at Manley in the early 70's. SU vs St Johns. You couldn't hear any yelling or screaming or cheering or clapping at times. All you heard was a ringing noise.
I believe that was thousands of people simultaneously coughing up dust.

That is MY game. Freshman year. Broken leg. Carried my crutches, used them to get to my seat. Some guy in the first row gave the "poor female student with the broken leg" his seat. Threw the crutches under the seat (my plaster cast was a walking cast), and jumped up and down the whole game. This was where I became a fan, and am still right there...Hope that wasn't you, Bees that gave me his seat, lol!!!

That is MY game. Freshman year. Broken leg. Carried my crutches, used them to get to my seat. Some guy in the first row gave the "poor female student with the broken leg" his seat. Threw the crutches under the seat (my plaster cast was a walking cast), and jumped up and down the whole game. This was where I became a fan, and am still right there...Hope that wasn't you, Bees that gave me his seat, lol!!!

Not me. I was sitting 2nd row behind the SJU bench. Right behind deceased lawyer and great SU fan, Al Brickman.

That Pitt 2003 game was physically exhausting to attend. Like you were playing. The final 30 seconds were an emotional fiasco.

The only other game I recall being that intense an experience was Gtown 88(?), when Thompson got ejected and we won in OT.
I wish I could find a video of that game. My buddy and I were sitting court side and he had to leave before the end it was so intense. That's nuts.

I wish I could find a video of that game. My buddy and I were sitting court side and he had to leave before the end it was so intense. That's nuts.

senorpalmer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom