For those that went, how was the noise level? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

For those that went, how was the noise level?

ask him. he got all the clips somewhere.
Went to his YouTube subscription site. He's got a ton of stuff but the only 2003 Pitt is a Forth dunk.

Went to his YouTube subscription site. He's got a ton of stuff but the only 2003 Pitt is a Forth dunk.

I found half dozen on youtube that he loaded.

By far the loudest game I ever heard was at Manley in the early 70's. SU vs St Johns. You couldn't hear any yelling or screaming or cheering or clapping at times. All you heard was a ringing noise.

Did we win?

That Pitt 2003 game was physically exhausting to attend. Like you were playing. The final 30 seconds were an emotional fiasco.

The only other game I recall being that intense an experience was Gtown 88(?), when Thompson got ejected and we won in OT.
I'm bummed I wasn't at last night's game but I consider myself fortunate that I was at both of the games you mentioned -Gtown was 1990 - 88 game was crushing loss with Charles Smith shot at the buzzer - the complete opposite of last night when the Dome went from deafening to silence.

I've been part of many wonderful moments at the Dome and I'm sure there will be many more to come - although I wouldn't have minded being a part of another one last night!

Would be interesting to have a conversation over a beer to debate if you would trade being at XYZ game for being at ABC game.

I know if I had to choose being at last night's game vs the first Duke ACC game in the Dome I would take the first Duke game - it was simply a more epic game that ended up being the best game in college basketball that year - the place was electric all night.

But it's so rare to win a big game with a buzzer beater at home that I could understand people choosing last night's game. We're all just damn lucky to be fans of a program that provides such moments almost every year. Let's Go Orange!

Just an aside about our crowds, the one record that will surely stand forever.

1990...average attendance for Syracuse basketball: 29,918.

We were getting 26k for Cornell games. Crazy

No doubt. Having so many games on tv and the at home viewing experience ensures that record stays forever. It's hard to describe what it was like back then other than to say pretty much every game, the crowd was electric.

When did you move to 210? I was wondering why I hadn't seen you over in 307 lately.

I got talked into splitting seats with a buddy down there, so I've been to maybe ten games down in 210? It won't happen again next year - the 306 seats are better in pretty much every way (except for the multiple times when someone's barfed within splashing distance of me and OrangeXtreme ). I'll be back up there for Senior Day, too - looking forward to it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom