Forwards | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Forwards

It is a crime that Brown has to play out of position. Our starting forwards and center are the least capable starters in the modern era.

We don't have a forward or guard who can shoot the 3 which is the biggest problem. Bell doesn't play like a forward he is really a two G that has height. Taylor is a tweener also more of a two. Brown has no outside game and is a power forward playing center. Benny is our best bet, but he isn't a good shooter either. Forward more than center is and will remain our issue until next season. Next season the frosh and hopefully a portal kid or two are going to have to provide some outside shooting.
I have more confidence in Benny and Maliq shooting 3s than Bell and Taylor.

This argument that our players will improve as the season progresses ignores the fact that the players on every other team also improve. The question is whether ours will improve more than others? Orange colored glasses wishful thinking on our part.
Our team is significantly younger than Clemson, UNC and a few others ahead of us. Those teams are all starting Juniors and in some cases 5th or 6th year seniors.

Red doesn’t want a big that can only play in the post. He wants bigs who are versatile on offense and can guard on the perimeter. That‘s why he‘s recruiting versatile bigs who can shoot.

Our team is significantly younger than Clemson, UNC and a few others ahead of us. Those teams are all starting Juniors and in some cases 5th or 6th year seniors.
Do juniors and seniors not improve?

That‘s why he‘s recruiting versatile bigs who can shoot.
I get that's the plan, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't see any chance of that happening with Patterson, Carey, McLeod, Hima, etc. Maliq may get there, but he's a long ways away from being a Lydon on the perimeter. Freeman has the potential, but he's not there yet (and not here yet either).

Some people like to be provocative.
will ferrell idk GIF

It gets the people going

I trust Red, but I'm not confident. I don't want to be reliant on undersized centers and freshman - no matter where they're ranked. We haven't had an impact frosh forward since ... Lydon? (another undersized PF forced into playing center).

I'd be OK with sending all of the current centers off and bringing one 6'9" 250 lber.

It sucks that the two biggest holes on this team are at C and SG and those were two guys who went elsewhere.
The two (actually 3) biggest holes are center & both starting forwards

I get that's the plan, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't see any chance of that happening with Patterson, Carey, McLeod, Hima, etc. Maliq may get there, but he's a long ways away from being a Lydon on the perimeter. Freeman has the potential, but he's not there yet (and not here yet either).

Bigs that are that versatile on offense and defense are few and far between and end up in the NBA.

I'm fine looking for a big that can switch and handle some perimeter defense, but you are better looking for a big that can catch lobs and have a baby hook on O and can maybe switch on slow 3s and handle 4s and 5s.

There were points in the game yesterday where McLeod was trying to post up and call for the ball! That is crazy.

Maliq, for example, if we had legit offensive fire power, would be perfect in the dunker spot on O.

For centers, setting a good screen and being able to roll and be a real threat is all I want right now for a true center.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom