Four years ago today | Syracusefan.com

Four years ago today

Great Fingertips of Uncle Rico!!!

I remember I went to the attic of a house party to watch the last 5 minutes of this game on my phone during College.

Cooney was in

I remember losing my mind when they called Cooney out of bounds, convinced that they didn’t want us to advance and were going to screw us. Marquette/Ohio State tourney losses still had me jumpy.

He took a lot of heat here and some of it rightfully so, but I've watched the UVA game in full and highlights of the other games and he was great in that tournament. He took it to the basket more than he did the rest of his career. Not sure what changed between the end of the season and then, but someone clearly got in his head.

He took a lot of heat here and some of it rightfully so, but I've watched the UVA game in full and highlights of the other games and he was great in that tournament. He took it to the basket more than he did the rest of his career. Not sure what changed between the end of the season and then, but someone clearly got in his head.

Agreed! I remember he played very solid that Tourney. He really seemed locked in on both ends.

If I recall, Roberson was really solid in all those wins too.

As did we all.

His senior year dropoff was basically unprecedented, for a returning starter. Shocking.

We lost the power cord. No way to get "plugged-in" Robey that year. :confused:

I remember losing my mind when they called Cooney out of bounds, convinced that they didn’t want us to advance and were going to screw us. Marquette/Ohio State tourney losses still had me jumpy.

Missed calls happen, so they don’t get me that worked up typically.

But this one did. The fact that the official made the call from 30 ft away, behind the play who in no way could’ve seen Cooney step out infuriated me. Every now again I see a call like that and wonder if these refs are crooked.

Also, because he was so CLEARLY IN BOUNDS.

But the basketball gods corrected it, after the bad call.
They stop the clock to replay every small issue now.
That was an Egregious call...the kind that should be overturned.
As Carmelo said at the time, "They don't want us to win!"

And the missed the shot against Pitt in DC something clicked those last 5 games.

Frank made some big plays too.
Roberson was awesome in the UVA game. I remember thinking he could parlay that tournament into a great SR year, but it didn't work out that way.

Frank made some big plays too.

I thought against Gonzaga he was excellent. He wasn't quite as noticeable against UVA. Pretty crazy until that spurt with under 10 minutes against UVA Mali was awful in some of those games.

I thought against Gonzaga he was excellent. He wasn't quite as noticeable against UVA. Pretty crazy until that spurt with under 10 minutes against UVA Mali was awful in some of those games.
Yeah Gonzaga game he made his second three of the year!

I still get angry when I think of that ref running from half court to call Cooney out of bounds.

The Gonzaga game was one of the most exciting SU tourney games of all-time, but because of the drama of the UVA game it gets kind of lost in our memory.

I honestly forgot we were down 9 with like 6 mins to go in the Gonzaga game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom