Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here

Stanford and teams going forward don't respect us running the ball, unless that gets fixed every game is going to go down to the wire.
Having a guy like Tucker would have been great on this team. Would have forced teams to back off, because all it took was one miss and he was gone.
We get it. LQA isn”t a take it to the house guy. No kidding Sherlock.

What he is, is perfect for what they want to do on offense if they get average OL play.

What they want to do is be able to get 3 to 5 on first consistently to set up play action and he gives them a lot of formational flexibility because of his pass game skills.

They aren’t looking to get explosive plays in the run game

What he is, is perfect for what they want to do on offense if they get average OL play.

What they want to do is be able to get 3 to 5 on first consistently to set up play action and he gives them a lot of formational flexibility because of his pass game skills.

I thought Nixon had very good game vs Ga Tech. He would have helped too .

Allen is brutal behind the line of scrimmage. No burst and seems to seek out contact early. He needs to become 3rd down pass catching back soon as possible. Nixon somehow being hurt off a bye screws things up. Willis unreliable a good play from him means a bad one next tough.

Group is below average.

I called them all clowns but is it really that bad an insult to say he is no different from other highly respected and often defended former coaches
Don’t see them as clowns. It was a bad call at the end but D played well overall. O Line was the issue. Either Stanford’s Dline is really good or we may need to start looking at some big adjustments on the Oline. Expect every team going forward to stack the line and pressure McCord. Having zeed back and Ross-Simmons may help with quick throws.
Next week won’t tell us anything. Maybe UNLV or NCst to see if they made the right adjustments.
Just don’t see the coaching staff as clowns.

Dude is getting 100 yards a game except for last night while he doubled and sometimes tripled covered.

Half the time last night he was brought in as a 6th man blocking because out OL was Swiss cheese

But yeah overrated
Where was the hundo last night then? Really good player but not dominant … I’m sorry but your all league TE gets 12 yards? I guess we have different standards, after watching TCU gut them through the air i want to believe he can do more.

Basketball will be here soon enough.
1726943885932.gif

Like a lot of you I am upset with this particular loss, and we should be.
To many reasons why we should have won this game against Stanford and I won’t go into those reasons, you know what they are.
Heres the thing though, if you really want to change the face of the program from what it used to look like, you absolutely can’t let what happened last night, happen.
There's a lot of fb still to be played and I still have a lot of hope.
Got to get that loss out of my head.

Don’t see them as clowns. It was a bad call at the end but D played well overall. O Line was the issue. Either Stanford’s Dline is really good or we may need to start looking at some big adjustments on the Oline. Expect every team going forward to stack the line and pressure McCord. Having zeed back and Ross-Simmons may help with quick throws.
Next week won’t tell us anything. Maybe UNLV or NCst to see if they made the right adjustments.
Just don’t see the coaching staff as clowns.
I agree. If I have to fault any one thing more than the else it would be the O-Line. Guys were simply in front of McC face right away all night, and LQA didnt have much of a run chance up the middle either. I never saw it that bad in past years where a QB get sacked 4 times, or was pressed so much. They had guys coming from the outside with no block even attempted.

Obviously there were some bad calls, and also some even worse penalties which shouldnt happen, but Stanford stopped the O-Line regardless. Defense does need some work, but can't fault them too much overall in comparison. It anything our D vs GT Runs was like Stanford against us last night.

"common sense" is an oxymoron when it comes to football. Look at the play, we had inside safety help, which in essence is a double team...but the play was designed to go away from the double...side line, back shoulder...it was the perfect play and perfect execution. So, you must be talking about double coverage with two defenders in press coverage..like you see in youth football. Post some tape of a division 1 college team using that type of double coverage... I will look for some if I can find it, but I may have to ask my Mom for some of my old CYO football game films...
The safety wasn’t in position to help contest the single receiver on the short side. The play call was bad. There was no reason for him to be over the tackle and not providing help over the top to allow the corner to force the receiver to the sideline. You dont need them both lined up over the receiver but you cant put your safety in a position where there isnt a chance in hell he can help contest the pass

even that dummy in the booth who swore up and down no way stanford was snapping the ball on 4th and short was circling the mismatch outside before the snap. bright side i guess was there was no embarrassing shots of the dome aisles filing out second half.

Where was the hundo last night then? Really good player but not dominant … I’m sorry but your all league TE gets 12 yards? I guess we have different standards, after watching TCU gut them through the air i want to believe he can do more.
They took him out of the game. He was doubled the whole night. He's a pro player but he isn't Superman

Please read the post - "above .500" means more than 6 wins.

How many more ? - Truthfully, I need to see another game or two against decent competition to form an opinion as to whether we are a 7 win team vs, a 9 or 10 win team.

From what I saw this game from the line play, probably 7 or 8 should be about right. 9 would make me EXTREMELY happy.
Lol sorry... amend my 6 wins to 7 then. My point still holds.

They took him out of the game. He was doubled the whole night. He's a pro player but he isn't Superman
He had two drops and seemed very disinterested after Fran got oh him about the personal foul call. The double team stuff is a BS straw man … he wasn’t doubled all night watch the film.

How do you rush 3 and leave single coverage on one of the best WR’s in the country that everyone in the world knows is getting the ball.

Sickening.
It wasn’t single coverage. It was not sliding over. Watch the play again. It was single coverage off the line but there is literally nothing else going on on the left side and Barron never slid over to double Elic A.

Barron should have been all over that and probably would have had an easy pick had he been.

It wasn’t single coverage. It was not sliding over. Watch the play again. It was single coverage off the line but there is literally nothing else going on on the left side and Barron never slid over to double Elic A.

Barron should have been all over that and probably would have had an easy pick had he been.

Re-watched and thought the same thing.

Re-watched and thought the same thing.
Yep. There is literally NOTHING going on other than Elic A on that side of the ball. And from the snap Daniels was laser locked on him. If Barron doesn’t slide over he basically doesn’t even need to be there. That was his only play and for whatever reason he broke late.

Hate to toss a player under the bus but it’s what happened.

3 down is debatable but this wasn’t a coverage issue. It was an execution issue in my opinion.

Last edited:
The safety wasn’t in position to help contest the single receiver on the short side. The play call was bad. There was no reason for him to be over the tackle and not providing help over the top to allow the corner to force the receiver to the sideline. You dont need them both lined up over the receiver but you cant put your safety in a position where there isnt a chance in hell he can help contest the pass
with the side line route and back shoulder pass, a safety over the top would not be in position to defend the pass. The play design was to take the route away from the potential of inside safety help. it was the perfect play to defeat double coverage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom