Fran Brown | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nothing at all against Beck. But with Fran's lack of experience, we need as much experience as possible with the X's and O's. I don't know if Beck is that guy.

Also, why would Dino be holding him back on play calling? That's a weird narrative I've seen that doesn't make a ton of sense for a guy like Dino that was trying to save his job.
Because Dino got weird on us.

An underrated thing here is that even the most dim witted posters can’t misspell this guys name.
Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

It's nothing at all against Beck. But with Fran's lack of experience, we need as much experience as possible with the X's and O's. I don't know if Beck is that guy.

Also, why would Dino be holding him back on play calling? That's a weird narrative I've seen that doesn't make a ton of sense for a guy like Dino that was trying to save his job.
If that's your opinion why the hate for Rocky? You won't find a more experienced and proven DC

Now that would be hilarious. Are we talking 10 wins though? I could life with that lol.

lol, getting into top 25 I could get behind.

Here's the thing - we're in the portal era now.

Missing on a guy the first time isn't necessarily the end of it.

Brown isn't going to stop the factories from getting great players.

But what he is going to do is put us in excellent position to be their second stop.

And, he's going to upgrade our own highschool recruiting too.
I mean think about a lot of kids he recruited the past 2-3 years that hit the portal from all over as well. Solid network

Yeah, what I'm banking on at this point is he absolutely crushed the interview in that regard, and knows how big of an opportunity he has here. There's a lot I like about him as a coach and recruiter, and his character stands for a lot too.

I'm just really concerned about how big of a step up this is.
This is nothing against Fran, it just screams like a Hail Mary hire after missing out on the 3-4 candidates you had higher on the list.

I would gladly welcome that scenario because it would mean we had a winning season and got the program back on track.

I’m not saying I’d have an issue with it. Just would find it funny. Also some buyout $ won’t be bad either

I can’t believe people are justifying this because we will retain some players and coaches. You guys really think chesney wouldn’t do the same?
I don’t really care about retaining players or coaches.

But here’s the deal. If what Dino was doing wasn’t an acceptable level of success (6-7 wins a season), then the point of all of this is to aim higher than that. And how you do that is by bringing in talent. Period. And I personally struggle with how Chesney is going to do that, especially if he carries over most of his HC staff. It’s not going to be that much different than Dino carrying over his BG staff except at least those guys coached at the FBS level.

Fran Brown at a minimum has major recruiting connections in all of our key areas and he will build a staff of P5 experienced coaches because he has built up some solid P5 connections over the years.

So for me, I’d rather take the risk on that profile who hasn’t been a HC yet vs the career HC who’s not even coached at the FBS level or recruited kids at the P5 level. We need talent!

I'm sorry but I see a lot of people talking themselves into this hire. This time last week we were bosting about playing "big boy football" with Mullen, Golden, etc. Now we hire a DB coach and everyone is pumped about it. I get the recruiting angle here but to me this is exactly the type of coach we didn't want this time last week.

Wildhack betting his career on two unknowns in Autry and now Fran Brown is some type of gamble for him. Hope he's right on one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom