Frank’s trip | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank’s trip

Read through his Twitter replies. He’s clearly thin skinned because he’s getting destroyed on a Twitter post that’s him responding to people destroying him on the original tweet.
where can I find that? I just went to Jay williams twitter and didn't see any tweets back

where can I find that? I just went to Jay williams twitter and didn't see any tweets back
Are you on a phone? Just click on his most recent tweet (him weirdly talking into the screen) and then scroll down.

Cliffs notes: hundreds of posts dumping on Jay Williams, calling him a hypocrite. Basically all because Greyson Allen tried to trip someone in every game he played, but now that it’s against Duke it’s a big deal.

Ive never been a fan of Frank's and its junk like this why people get upset with him. Completely bush league but the duke fans are hilarious for being outraged.

Frank should have been tossed... Frank should get punishment... JB should be ashamed for calling it a bump and the entire thing is reprehensible and inexcusable but guess what?

This is what happens when the players become frustrated with the blatant ACC / Duke/ Carolina favoritism with officiating. This BS is getting out of hand. It couldn't be more clear that the NCAA / ACC and the powers that be want to promote Zion/Duke as the brand to drive interest and sales. The play , and discussion it all gets is disgusting. I'm so sick of hearing about Zion and Duke. the reffing is ridiculous and one sided and it benefits Duke and Zion tremendously. IF you cant see it you're blind. The players see it, live it and feel it. You could see them looking around after getting hammered with no call yet breathing on Duke with a foul called. This is what happens when the players see this and have no outlet. The refs created this. I hate NCAA hoops right now and its getting worse by the day.

Looking back im not entirely sure that was intentional. Ive watched the video like 10 times
I watched the video closely a number of times.

Anyone who says this was a trip doesn't understand the meaning of the word. Frank clearly did not try to make Zion fall, or injure him for that matter. He DID intentionally get in his way, just a little, in a chippy, passive aggressive manner. I think he was trying to annoy Zion. This was his way of showing Zion he was not intimidated by him.

I have watched Frank play for 4 years. I have never seen him try and trip anyone. He does regularly jaw with opposing players, and is not above giving discrete pushes and bumps from time to time. He tries to get in the heads of the opposition and has from day one.

The double tech he got with Wilson-Fame the night before, when both were talking trash to each other, is the kind of thing he does all the time. But he has never tried to hurt someone and he didn't here.

It was not good sportsmanship but it is the kind of thing people do in contact sports all the time. I am not surprised Zion didn't even remember it. It was not a big thing.

Jay Williams should know better and I think he does know better but he is an idiot, saw his chance to clear the air after his bizarre comments supporting Grayson Allen's dirty play and come down strong as the anti-trip authority. What a fool.

Wow espn and sportscenter going out of their way on social media. Put your torches and pitchforks down you shameless losers

Will he get suspended for next week?

I don't think it was that bad. Grayson Allen did way more obvious trips and was generally a dick.
Frank reached out his hand toward Zion as soon as he did it. I don't think it was that egregious. Just a brain freeze of somebody caught up in the competition. Zion was manhandling everybody down low. Just trying to slow him down, was my sense of it, not trying to hurt him.

The only people that can suspend Frank now are the school. The ACC can’t do anything as Franks career is over and we are out of ACC play.

It was intentional but I think it was more Frank posturing which he does a lot when he plays well. Last night he played great and he was chatting all night. When he plays poorly he doesn't say a peep. I think it was intentional but not to injure but to annoy. Punk move.

As for Jay Williams - why is anyone expecting anything else from anyone who gets their checks from ESPN.

This is in line with the disproportionate amount of Duke nonsense we are forced to stomach on a yearly basis.

Last edited:
I think Frank's response sums it up: you think he honestly put 4 years in to be the senior leader PG of a potentially dangerous tourny team only to get suspended by trying to injure THE generational player? Frank isn't a heady player, but he's very obviously not a dumb (or bad) person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom