Frank’s trip | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Frank’s trip

no. grayson allen only got suspended after his 3rd trip. and it was for 1 game.
Right but we are Cuse and the NCAA clearly hates us and favors the likes of Duke and UNC (no sanctions for providing fake classes to the basketball team - Fab Melo gets help on a term paper and a couple of our guys get paid to do work at a YMCA and we get the worst sanctions).

I am just worried since I think if we are at full strength we can make a very deep run and beat Duke in the Elite 8 haha.

I watched the video closely a number of times.

Anyone who says this was a trip doesn't understand the meaning of the word. Frank clearly did not try to make Zion fall, or injure him for that matter. He DID intentionally get in his way, just a little, in a chippy, passive aggressive manner. I think he was trying to annoy Zion. This was his way of showing Zion he was not intimidated by him.

I have watched Frank play for 4 years. I have never seen him try and trip anyone. He does regularly jaw with opposing players, and is not above giving discrete pushes and bumps from time to time. He tries to get in the heads of the opposition and has from day one.

The double tech he got with Wilson-Fame the night before, when both were talking trash to each other, is the kind of thing he does all the time. But he has never tried to hurt someone and he didn't here.

It was not good sportsmanship but it is the kind of thing people do in contact sports all the time. I am not surprised Zion didn't even remember it. It was not a big thing.

Jay Williams should know better and I think he does know better but he is an idiot, saw his chance to clear the air after his bizarre comments supporting Grayson Allen's dirty play and come down strong as the anti-trip authority. What a fool.
^this *10000000000000

HEY ANOTHER ROUND OF STRAWBERRY FOR ME AND FRIENDS!!!!
hqdefault.jpg

My last comment, I'm not saying whether he did, or didn't, but if I was trying to trip someone on the basketball court, that's how I would do it.

Kinda tried to trip him for a split second and failing and quickly pulling back vs. actually tripping him are two different things.

If he actually got him, there’d be something to talk about. This is a T at the most, if they caught it. They didn’t. Nothing to talk about, really.

I’m a Duke fan. It looked like something intentional but I can’t be sure. Even if it was, it shouldn’t be treated as anything all that serious, certainly nothing that would merit anything more than a flagrant 1. Lots of stuff happens on basketball courts in the heat of battle. Flying elbows bother me more.

I watched the video closely a number of times.

Anyone who says this was a trip doesn't understand the meaning of the word. Frank clearly did not try to make Zion fall, or injure him for that matter. He DID intentionally get in his way, just a little, in a chippy, passive aggressive manner. I think he was trying to annoy Zion. This was his way of showing Zion he was not intimidated by him.

I have watched Frank play for 4 years. I have never seen him try and trip anyone. He does regularly jaw with opposing players, and is not above giving discrete pushes and bumps from time to time. He tries to get in the heads of the opposition and has from day one.

The double tech he got with Wilson-Fame the night before, when both were talking trash to each other, is the kind of thing he does all the time. But he has never tried to hurt someone and he didn't here.

It was not good sportsmanship but it is the kind of thing people do in contact sports all the time. I am not surprised Zion didn't even remember it. It was not a big thing.

Jay Williams should know better and I think he does know better but he is an idiot, saw his chance to clear the air after his bizarre comments supporting Grayson Allen's dirty play and come down strong as the anti-trip authority. What a fool.

Thank you. Frank's career here has been dotted with some bizarre incidents and behavioral outbursts. But the faux outrage over last night's situation is over the top.

Zion didn't trip. He didn't stumble. In fact, he wasn't impeded at all. Nothing happened to warrant the indignant frothing on this scale.

If Frank had hit him, or actually tripped him, or hurt him somehow -- totally different story. Thank god for him that didn't happen, because otherwise it would have been even uglier.

Not exonerating Frank by any means, but I do think the outcome [or lack thereof, in this case] matters.

No, "junk like this" is not at all why people have been frustrated by Frank. It's his inconsistent play that folks have issues with. Quit making up your own version of history.
What did I make up its the boneheaded plays that drives people nuts and this one doesn't really help.

I'm not sure but I'm probably in the minority but I think the punishment should be severe. Like no NCAA tournament severe. Not for Frank. That was really nothing. For Jay Williams. His comments with regard to Grayson Allen and Frank Howard have to be shown and he needs to go. He doesn't add much anyway
Frank was wrong to do it, but it was clearly a fleeting moment of bad judgement/instinct. But Jay Will’s sanctimony over the incident is nauseating.

Frank was wrong to do it, but it was clearly a fleeting moment of bad judgement/instinct. But Jay Will’s sanctimony over the incident is nauseating.

Exactly how I would sum it up. It was a bad look and I'm not happy about it happening in our program as I have mentioned before, but it wasn't Kermit Washington punching Rudy Tomjanovich.

Just come out and tell the truth and move on. Why get defensive and be a liar. So you made a mistake in the heat of a good basketball game. Howard played great otherwise, probably the best game he's played in an Orange uniform. Tell Boeheim to stop defending stupid play. It makes him look like a jerk on national TV.

also - jay williams has the video *pinned* on his twitter page. so stupid. such a bizarre thing to take ownership of.

it definitely reaches the 'dirty play' scale but it's ~2 out of 10 on that scale. it doesnt even warrant an ejection to me.

Oshae's elbow against clemson (i believe) was worse imo.

What did I make up its the boneheaded plays that drives people nuts and this one doesn't really help.
The way you phrased your post insinuated that Frank is a chippy/ dirty player whose antics ("stuff like this") are why people on this forum have criticized him over his time here. Nearly all of the criticism of Frank that I've seen here is about his level of play and not extracurricular stuff.

The way you phrased your post insinuated that Frank is a chippy/ dirty player whose antics ("stuff like this") are why people on this forum have criticized him over his time here. Nearly all of the criticism of Frank that I've seen here is about his level of play and not extracurricular stuff.
I never accused him of being dirty last night was the first occurrence of that. Its the bad passes and bad shots that get people upset last night just added fuel to the fire.

Dirty players play dirty. they have a track record. Grayson Allen was a repeat offender. He had a reputation for it.

Frank’s last point in the presser was that this was his fourth year and that he wasn’t all of a sudden going to start tripping people.

I, for one, believe him.

If he was that type of player, we would have seen evidence of it previously.

I never accused him of being dirty last night was the first occurrence of that. Its the bad passes and bad shots that get people upset last night just added fuel to the fire.
Yeah, you most certainly did. Go back and read your post that I first commented on. I have no problem if you're retracting it, but the tone was clear.

Yeah, you most certainly did. Go back and read your post that I first commented on. I have no problem if you're retracting it, but the tone was clear.
Show me where I did. How do you tell someone's tone on the internet lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom