Frank Anselem portal to Louisville | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem portal to Louisville

Not many 7 footers can dribble like that, or run that fluidly, or make cuts like that. He can make a shot in the low block, he can make a shot in the mid-range. And we certainly know he likes to dunk.

He could use 20 more pounds, but his ranking is much more a product of his lack of exposure, as opposed to a lack of talent.
Does he know how to play?

I’m not saying if he does or doesn’t - I haven’t watched him at all.

Regardless of competition level, injuries, etc….just curious what he does between the lines in games?

I think the tapes show it.

Not nearly enough tape to draw that out. I'm not saying it won't happen but to me it's just way too soon. We can hope for sure and I do hope you are right.

Both. He deserved more minutes. I dont think it would have mattered as im sure he wants to start.
I don't know that he "deserved" more minutes at the expense of Jesse, but he likely should have at least shared some of Jimmy's time at the 5. (there is value to the small ball approach, but his belief in Jimmy at the expense of Frank's learning curve hurt us last year, and for the next 2 years, it seems.)

I think the tapes show it.
IMO, he has the most room to grow, and if it all comes together, he is a pro, and a high draft pick. He is a smaller, not fully formed edition of Holmgren (skinny, skilled and freakishly athletic) . IDK on the others, and haven't really seen Mintz videos, but Carey has a lot of positives for basketball. One of the biggest ones, IMO, is his aggressiveness. Most big guys don't have that, especially at this stage.

I actually think the kid with the most upside is the point out of Philly

I actually think the kid with the most upside is the point out of Philly

If he can commit to defense and bottle the flair he definitely can be a big time talent.

The post grad games seem to lack some intensity but when he has a path to the hoop he has great burst and attacks with bad intentions which I love. Obviously the vision too is really good. Add a jumpshot plus bottle all that up with some defense and yeah..

It's one thing to love his potential, I think we all do. But he hasn't really played in 2 years. And he is no where near the player that Mintz is right now.
Anyone know what's the injury that kept him out of playing for 2 years? I hope it is not potato knee related.

Anyone else find it odd there’s been zero talk of any interest in Frank by other schools?
Maybe Cuse is still in the equation and that is why Ballard hasn't pulled the trigger yet. One could only hope.

I think Ballard has an offer and is waiting to see if he gets a better offer. I don’t see any pressure to make him commit .

It's one thing to love his potential, I think we all do. But he hasn't really played in 2 years. And he is no where near the player that Mintz is right now.
It seems reasonable that Carey's skill set and athleticism as a 7 footer sets the bar high for his "potential." I am very much in this camp. Eventual productivity on the court is a different issue. Some posters seem to struggle with that distinction when they hear posters talk about Carey's ceiling. You can LOVE Carey's potential while also understanding his ability to gain strength and weight, gain experience, and the degree of his mental readiness to perform at this level will also determine how good he is or will be.

We have seen something similar, at least IMO, play out with Benny this season. High ceiling but not yet fully ready to meet his potential. You can't fake the skill set Benny demonstrated on tape playing against high level competition in prep school. I think we will see a different Benny this season if he is ready mentally.

I think Ballard has an offer and is waiting to see if he gets a better offer. I don’t see any pressure to make him commit .
What better offer is a guy who avg less than 1 pt and 1 rb a game think he is going to get?

Here’s an article discussing Frank Anselm’s top 5 before he committed here.

Seton Hall (hmm), Arkansas, San Diego St and W Kentucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom