Frank Anselem: Remember him? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem: Remember him?

I’d give frank less than a 10% chance of returning. He isn’t returning to sit behind 2-3 guys again

But - he came here to compete as one of FIVE.

CDB (who was coming off a GREAT finish to prior season)
Jesse
JBA
Marek
Frank

Now, that's down to:
CDB's shambling corpse ;)
Jesse
Frank

He's got a great shot at minutes, and can maybe even beat out Jesse for the start.
(this assumes Boo's wheels don't hold up - again)

Also - he's the only one of those 3 who can also realistically play minutes at the 4 for us.

While I agree that it's highly likely he may choose to move on, he's actually in a MUCH better situation coming into this new season, than he was last year.

Plus - a year older, more physically mature, and with knowledge and experience in the system he didn't have prior.

Frank can easily give us minutes at the 4, especially if no one is picking up the slack on the boards with Q gone.

I’d give frank less than a 10% chance of returning. He isn’t returning to sit behind 2-3 guys again
That's absurd. Who is he sitting behind a guy with bad knees and another that barely played last year?

But - he came here to compete as one of FIVE.

CDB (who was coming off a GREAT finish to prior season)
Jesse
JBA
Marek
Frank

Now, that's down to:
CDB's shambling corpse ;)
Jesse
Frank

He's got a great shot at minutes, and can maybe even beat out Jesse for the start.
(this assumes Boo's wheels don't hold up - again)

Also - he's the only one of those 3 who can also realistically play minutes at the 4 for us.

While I agree that it's highly likely he may choose to move on, he's actually in a MUCH better situation coming into this new season, than he was last year.

Plus - a year older, more physically mature, and with knowledge and experience in the system he didn't have prior.

Tough to have a kid re-classify then not get him a lot of run.

Is what it is, for better or worse.

I'm guessing if you re-classify and you aren't a locked starter by now, things aren't exactly super happy time.

Hope he stays, though. Seems like a big upside kid. And we need the depth.

if he stays at SU he will go pro in two years. He is destined to be a star for jb hope he realizes this

also recall-
before covid he was off the bench ahead of Edwards
At the beginning of the year, Edwards was the first big off the bench (followed by JBA and then Frank). But he would also be in the dog house half the time because he couldn't defend to save his life. The Rugters game, JBA became the first back up big off the bench and he didn't really do much with his opportunity. Jesse came back into the conversation at the end of the year (played much better than beginning of the year) because JBA was "too small".

I still think we need 2 centers next year, Edwards keeps fouling out in 25 min max. Positive note, he did stay out of foul trouble in the Houston game.

If it was me, I’d have gave the car keys to Kadary and let him be a 6’5 Flynn or Ennis. 35 mpg and just play, and we’re running the offense off your penetration and playmaking skills.

And Frank would have the inside track to start next year.

We finally recruited some high upside freaks at the PG and C position after years of kids who can’t walk and chew gum.

We can’t lose kids like this.

I hope this young man stays. I see a two or three headed monster at center, with 10 to15 fouls to give worst case.
If one of the three emerges as a clear answer then and only then does it blow up in our faces, and maybe in a good way if it provided a more dominate center.
I don't see anyone of these three being the sole answer at this point.

so I asked my plug, gun to head, what's the roster for next year for the Orange and this is what I got

Guards - JG3, Buddy, Symir, 4th mid major transfer who has 2+ years left (the sell job is there is opportunity for a role this year and to beat out Symir and there is a role next year too).

Forwards - we're rolling with Benny, Jimmy Jr, Swider

Centers - Sid and Jesse only

I asked only 2 centers and only 3 forwards? Seriously? and I got "Frank is 50/50 right now and leaning to dipping out. If emergency, Jimmy Jr will slide into the C spot. And for the forwards, emergency, Buddy will slide down"

With Owens, that's only 10 scholarship players so we have to grab someone else in addition to this and I really think they wait this out and see if any "leftovers" are left with no other options or even reclass.

If anyone is excited for this team, yikes...

At the beginning of the year, Edwards was the first big off the bench (followed by JBA and then Frank). But he would also be in the dog house half the time because he couldn't defend to save his life. The Rugters game, JBA became the first back up big off the bench and he didn't really do much with his opportunity. Jesse came back into the conversation at the end of the year (played much better than beginning of the year) because JBA was "too small".

I still think we need 2 centers next year, Edwards keeps fouling out in 25 min max. Positive note, he did stay out of foul trouble in the Houston game.
Nah. Bryant game Frank went in before Jesse

so I asked my plug, gun to head, what's the roster for next year for the Orange and this is what I got

Guards - JG3, Buddy, Symir, 4th mid major transfer who has 2+ years left (the sell job is there is opportunity for a role this year and to beat out Symir and there is a role next year too).

I asked only 2 centers and only 3 forwards? Seriously? and I got "Frank is 50/50 right now and leaning to dipping out. If emergency, Jimmy Jr will slide into the C spot. And for the forwards, emergency, Buddy will slide down"

With Owens, that's only 10 scholarship players so we have to grab someone else in addition to this and I really think they wait this out and see if any "leftovers" are left with no other options or even reclass.

So, no interest in getting someone who will challenge Joe for the PG job? Loss of so much athleticism at forward. And another year of relying on Sid. Good lord.

I mean, it's believable.

So, no interest in getting someone who will challenge Joe for the PG job? Loss of so much athleticism at forward. And another year of relying on Sid. Good lord.
I know man. If you go back in my posts, I was the biggest Kadary fan even before he stepped on the floor. Unfortunately, it's not going to change. JB wants shooters and is sacrificing his bread and butter from the 2000's for it. I know the game has changed but not like this

That’s a solid team, IMO. Our only real issue will be if CDB gets hurt.

Curious who the mid major transfer will be ... and surprised they are going with a 4th guard instead of a forward

9 or 10 guys is JB’s sweet spot. I’m sure we will find a way to be competitive, but it’s very disheartening to see JB settle on his roster every season.

Once Kadary left you weren’t going to get anyone from the outside to come in here and take the chance of getting Kadary’d. No high level P5 PG was going to take the chance to come here and play 18mpg behind Joe.

absolutely gross if this comes true...GROSS

That’s a solid team, IMO. Our only real issue will be if CDB gets hurt.

Curious who the mid major transfer will be ... and surprised they are going with a 4th guard instead of a forward
Besides shooting, what else does that team do? Defend? No. Athletes? No besides Benny. Drive? Nada. I don't see a solid team. Luckily, the ACC will be down this year so it might be alright to roll this squad out. As much as the sweet16 run was great, it kind of cements the problem more.
If you don't have someone that can set all that shooting up, it's kind of pointless. Draymond Green is the perfect big on that Warriors team because he can set up all of those shooters (granted tons more space and Klay and Steph never stop running around)

Appreciate your sharing the info.

As for the info itself:

1618342390332.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors