Frank Anselem: Remember him? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem: Remember him?

Besides shooting, what else does that team do? Defend? No. Athletes? No besides Benny. Drive? Nada. I don't see a solid team. Luckily, the ACC will be down this year so it might be alright to roll this squad out. As much as the sweet16 run was great, it kind of cements the problem more.
If you don't have someone that can set all that shooting up, it's kind of pointless. Draymond Green is the perfect big on that Warriors team because he can set up all of those shooters (granted tons more space and Klay and Steph never stop running around)
I hear you. But I think the writing was on the wall once Kadary left and we got Swider that was going to be our roster except for maybe an extra big. JB only plays 8 anyway. I wish we had Kadary too but it’s not a surprise

I hear you. But I think the writing was on the wall once Kadary left and we got Swider that was going to be our roster except for maybe an extra big. JB only plays 8 anyway. I wish we had Kadary too but it’s not a surprise
And now we pray Buddy doesn’t get hurt. And Benny and Cole learn the zone quickly enough to not get yanked after their first mistake.

so I asked my plug, gun to head, what's the roster for next year for the Orange and this is what I got

Guards - JG3, Buddy, Symir, 4th mid major transfer who has 2+ years left (the sell job is there is opportunity for a role this year and to beat out Symir and there is a role next year too).

Forwards - we're rolling with Benny, Jimmy Jr, Swider

Centers - Sid and Jesse only

I asked only 2 centers and only 3 forwards? Seriously? and I got "Frank is 50/50 right now and leaning to dipping out. If emergency, Jimmy Jr will slide into the C spot. And for the forwards, emergency, Buddy will slide down"

With Owens, that's only 10 scholarship players so we have to grab someone else in addition to this and I really think they wait this out and see if any "leftovers" are left with no other options or even reclass.

If anyone is excited for this team, yikes...
This would be the definition of settling especially with all the talent out there to recruit.

so I asked my plug, gun to head, what's the roster for next year for the Orange and this is what I got

Guards - JG3, Buddy, Symir, 4th mid major transfer who has 2+ years left (the sell job is there is opportunity for a role this year and to beat out Symir and there is a role next year too).

I asked only 2 centers and only 3 forwards? Seriously? and I got "Frank is 50/50 right now and leaning to dipping out. If emergency, Jimmy Jr will slide into the C spot. And for the forwards, emergency, Buddy will slide down"

With Owens, that's only 10 scholarship players so we have to grab someone else in addition to this and I really think they wait this out and see if any "leftovers" are left with no other options or even reclass.

Quadir Copeland reclass as 4th guard. 6’6” point guard who is a Kadary clone

And the reason why the Forward is so light... JB is going to play his son heavy minutes, post season Jb and Buddy greatly highlighted Benny coming in and you were able to get Swider to come in. He’s going to get more than his usual minutes at Nova.

I would love a true Forward/Center person transfer. A mobile 6’10 who may have some perimeter skills but those arent going to ride the bench

And the reason why the Forward is so light... JB is going to play his son heavy minutes, post season Jb and Buddy greatly highlighted Benny coming in and you were able to get Swider to come in. He’s going to get more than his usual minutes at Nova.

I would love a true Forward/Center person transfer. A mobile 6’10 who may have some perimeter skills but those arent going to ride the bench
Anselem would be perfect for that role

I mean... if we have no injuries...

But you are right, that isn't a very athletic bunch. And their ability to handle defensive pressure is questionable, pending Symir / Benny [who are unproven commodities at this point].

They'll be able to shoot, though.

You've mentioned this a few times...are you hearing something or just hoping he does? I've never seen one mention of Copeland going 21.
Can't remember where, but I believe academically he can reclass if he wants.

Quadir Copeland reclass as 4th guard. 6’6” point guard who is a Kadary clone

WHY would he do this??

To go from being The MAN in his last year in HS/Prep, to being the 4th guard (and 3rd PG) for a coach who plays 2.5 guards at best??

What's in it for him??

Answer - absolutely nothing.

AND - as I've posted before, IF he were to come and have this (inevitably) happen, then he'd probably bolt like Kadary & Woody just did, so then we wouldn't have our '22 PG.

HARD PASS.

That is borderline depressing. Kadary, Frank (if he leaves), Woody, Bras - so much talent out the door. I hope to God Q comes back.

We’ll suck. Most unathletic Orange team of all time.

Hope Benny stays and him and Lands can turn things around.

That's terrible.

Anselem would be perfect for that role
Frank can't play the forward role on offense. On defense, I think he would be ok but our forwards have to have some offensive ability and he just doesn't have it right now

You've mentioned this a few times...are you hearing something or just hoping he does? I've never seen one mention of Copeland going 21.
When Quadir left Gettysburg to attend Life Center, he reclassed to ‘22, so I assume he could go back to his original ‘21 class.

Symir did the same thing for Marquette a few years ago.

When Quadir left Gettysburg to attend Life Center, he reclassed to ‘22, so I assume he could go back to his original ‘21 class.

Symir did the same thing for Marquette a few years ago.
Thanks for answering the question I hadn't asked yet, but wanted to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom