Frank Howard Suspended | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

it's tourney time and so the bench will be super short already.

I was thinking we were past the off court drama this season with the JB accident. But I guess we can never put anything past the Syracuse program we know and love.

Next man up - Tyus, Buddy and Jalen - show them what you got.

This was a very nuanced announcement. Will not play for an indefinite period of time
Not Thursday, not this week, not ever, not until further notice. Interesting.
An indefinite period of time might be until Jim decides to put him in the game. (Doubtful). Seems to me that if is an SU sanction, they would have a finite time period for said sanction.
Also, the press release does not suspended, just that he won't play for an indefinite period of time.
I know I am going full lawyer, but you may see Frank play tomorrow, just not start. Also takes off heat why did JB start Bubby in the game, and not Frank

Last edited:
For real?

Correct. We're talking with all of our sports reporters at the office now and he confirmed that to us during a commercial.

Edit: Not saying he DID get in trouble with the law. But he was definitely out in SLC. Didn't say if he was intoxicated or under the influence of anything.

Almost any point until the place closed

Pearl used to hang out at SooLIns

The NCAA tournament is the men's basketball "championship event." It just happens to take place over several weeks.

Understood. Just saying it could not have been an NCAA mandated test as that happens AFTER games. Could have only been an SU administered one.

Man I'm crushed. All I had been thinking about all morning was how much I liked the Gonzaga matchup for us and how confident I was we'd beat them assuming we got past Baylor. I don't know what Baylor team will show up tbh. I think we could end up getting blown out without Frankie. They will mug Buddy and attack him on offense every possession. I'm devastated this is horrible. This has to be for the Zion trip which is absolutely ridiculous I think anything else worthy of an NCAA tournament game suspension would have to be for the entire tournament. So stupid. Lets hope good Baylor doesn't show up which is likely wishful thinking.

If we lose its gonna be tough that Frankie will take the heat for the loss even though most of this forum has ripped on him hard for 4 years. Can't believe the school would do something this mean to him.
Stop. The school would do something this mean to him? Give me a break. And we can win without Frank. I'm honestly not sure if we aren't a better team without him. Although we miss having another player

This was a very nuanced announcement. Will not play for an unspecified amount of time. Not even until further notice. Interesting.

My interpretation of the indefiniteness is that alternative wording of “first round” or “one game” in a single elimination tournament is awkward. Almost supposes a win, which is certainly not the case.

This is eerily similar to 2005, when Josh Wright and Louie McCrosky got suspended right before the dance. The only difference is that we won the BET that year and we’re supposed to make a big run.

This...this feels like another thing that would have happened with the way this season has gone.

It’s just so disappointing that this type of drama has happened yet again(!) on the eve of the tournament.

Furthermore this isn’t the first time Frank Howard has exhibited selfish behavior.

It is what it is. Disappointing that he obviously did something to put himself in this position.

Am I crazy to think we might be more efficient?

I’m kind of interested to see what we’ll look like.
you're not crazy but i don't think that'll happen.
not to bash tyus, but he is the ball stopper in the backcourt, not frank. the ball moved best it has all year in the acc tournament. i think it will move less not more with tyus at the helm.

My interpretation of the indefiniteness is that alternative wording of “first round” or “one game” in a single elimination tournament is awkward. Almost supposes a win, which is certainly not the case.
Just as likely, but could have said suspended for the tournament. Curious if he is on the bench, or sent home.

I was hoping the line would move to make SU a smaller favorite so i could bet on them. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom