Frank Howard Suspended | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

I truly believe if we beat Baylor then Frank will be available in the second round.
So what’s ur guess as to the reason?

This all just feels so weird.

So what’s ur guess as to the reason?

This all just feels so weird.
Don’t want to say what I think but I just feel by the wording it’s not from the NCAA and not career ending.
Frank did something IMO the AD wants him to sit for a game.

Salt Lake City -- Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim addressed the media Wednesday not long after the school announced that senior point guard Frank Howard would be suspended indefinitely.

Below is the transcript, courtesy of ASAP Sports.

Q. Jim, what can you tell us about the situation with Frank? When did you find out he wasn’t going to be able to play? How does that change the look of your team tomorrow?

JIM BOEHEIM: He’s not playing. We know that. We practiced -- we had an indication that would be the case. We started the year without him at a point obviously. Very difficult to make that change now.

Fortunately, Tyus has played the point quite a bit this year, even when Frank came back at Duke and several other spots along the way. Pittsburgh, Boston College, we did play Tyus at the point, so he's been there. Jalen's had good practices. Everybody -- it is very similar to last week when we found out Tyus wouldn't play. I thought the players made a great adjustment. We played really well in both games in the tournament. And we're going to have to make that same adjustment this week with a different guy going.

Q. Did Frank make the trip? If you advance, will he potentially be available for a second-round game? Or are you going forward as if he is not going to play in the post-season?

JIM BOEHEIM: I don’t think I quite -- we’re going to play this game. That’s what -- we know who we are going to play this game with, that is all we are focused on.

Q. Did he make the trip?

JIM BOEHEIM: He won’t be here with us tomorrow.

Q. Going off of that, do you know who is going to be in the starting line-up tomorrow?

JIM BOEHEIM: Yes, I do.

Q. Do you know who that might be? Would you be able to tell us?

JIM BOEHEIM: Yes is my answer.
Does he won't be with us tomorrow mean he win't be on the bench or he won't be in Salt Lake anymore?

How does it take this long for the athletic department to make this type of decision? Why bring him out to Salt Lake City if they knew he wouldn't play?
Was it a stupid ncaa drug test? Didn’t that big kid from Michigan get suspended from the touney one year for smoking weed? If that’s the case, I’ll be livid.

That’s exactly what happened with Jordan Barnett. He would have played in the second round had Mizzou won.
That looks to have been announced as a 1-game suspension as opposed to Frank’s indefinite suspension. And the arrest was known, we have no clue what Frank did at this point.

Don’t want to say what I think but I just feel by the wording it’s not from the NCAA and not career ending.
Frank did something IMO the AD wants him to sit for a game.
Why wouldn’t they just say one game then?

Was it a stupid ncaa drug test? Didn’t that big kid from Michigan get suspended from the touney one year for smoking weed? If that’s the case, I’ll be livid.
Robert Traylor.

I am so gdmf steamed right now. 3 of our last 8 ncaa tournaments we have been down a starter. And all 3 times we didn't find out we would be without said starter until after our last conference tournament game. No time to prepare for the lost starter.

It had to be drugs. They test at these sites and it's happened before. Is what it is. I'll be happy when weed is finally legal everywhere (for a lot of other reasons besides this, to be clear).

It doesn't matter if it's legal, when I ran a company in Nevada when it was legal, we still fired people for testing positive for weed.

Liquor is legal, doesn't mean you can get blasted whenever you want.

Why is there no do process in these matters? Why are these people treated like chattel?
Whatever it is - there probably was no burden of proof. Frank was red handed and probably gave the proof right to the AD via a behind the back pass or his favorite - the alley oop.

This seems plausible in light of Boeheim’s statement at today’s press conference that they previously “had an indication” that he could be suspended. That makes it seem unlikely that it was anything that happened last night or earlier today.

Given their previous statements, it seems unlikely that the suspension was due to the alleged “trip.” And since team members have reportedly said that they want to win the next game for Frank, it seems unlikely that it was a failed drug test or anything nefarious.
Yes, the players being behind Frank instead of trying to throttle him is an important clue about . . . About . . . Something.

That looks to have been announced as a 1-game suspension as opposed to Frank’s indefinite suspension. And the arrest was known, we have no clue what Frank did at this point.
That could simply be an issue of semantics. JB doesn't want to show all of his cards. I don't think it makes a difference if the arrest was known or not. For all we know Frank was arrested last night.

Bottom line, it's possible for him to be out one game and one game only.

why can't they just say what it was?

my guess it was for the "trip" and he will be back if they win...which is just ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom