Frank Howard Suspended | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

That is only partially true, as it assumes Frank failed NCAA administered testing and not school administered testing. From your own resource:

What is the penalty for failing a school-administered drug test?

Each NCAA member school is responsible for determining whether to establish an institutional drug-testing program, at which time the school would be responsible for determining applicable penalties. If a testing program is established, though, the school is obligated to enforce the penalties. Failure to do so can lead to NCAA sanctions.

I would guess we don't know the what the current school policy is at this point, obviously we have some idea what it was back in the era when we failed to observe it leading in part to our sanctions.
Everyone has pointed out the issue multiple times. It’s pretty clear why we did what we did.

A little concerned about the NCAA lining up with pitchforks and torches citing a “lack of institutional control.”

After how they’ve screwed us in the past, does anyone think they’re not licking their lips?

Exactly.
Yeah it could be. Iirc he’s also a keto guy so that can change things. But I’d bet money on masking agent/diuretic than weed. If it’s acttually weed then he’s dumber than I thought

But PED related due to ankle issue is possible.

[QUOTE="cuse10, post: 2963518, member: 5920"]Could it have had something to do with injury recovery? Hoping it wasn't weed. I don't think he's that careless to do it this time of year. I believe it's a situation similar to Clemson where they flew Frank out hoping that the B sample was negative. He just got his legs back and was playing the best basketball he had in a long time.

This seems possible. I thought the wording of the DO story -- quoting the NCAA policy on PEDs -- was odd when I first read it. In retrospect, it sounds like a backdoor way of hinting that they have info it's PEDs, but don't want to put their necks on the line and state it overtly.[/QUOTE]

My issue with that is he’s probably been taking PEDs for months — and now they just find it in his system?

This seems possible. I thought the wording of the DO story -- quoting the NCAA policy on PEDs -- was odd when I first read it. In retrospect, it sounds like a backdoor way of hinting that they have info it's PEDs, but don't want to put their necks on the line and state it overtly.

My issue with that is he’s probably been taking PEDs for months — and now they just find it in his system?[/QUOTE]
The timing of testing is not ironic...

This seems possible. I thought the wording of the DO story -- quoting the NCAA policy on PEDs -- was odd when I first read it. In retrospect, it sounds like a backdoor way of hinting that they have info it's PEDs, but don't want to put their necks on the line and state it overtly.

My issue with that is he’s probably been taking PEDs for months — and now they just find it in his system?[/QUOTE]

A lot of possible scenarios. Some athletes have tried to recover from an injury without chemical assistance and, not seeing enough progress, reluctantly resorted to drugs out of last resort.

A little concerned about the NCAA lining up with pitchforks and torches citing a “lack of institutional control.”

After how they’ve screwed us in the past, does anyone think they’re not licking their lips?

They punished us for not following our rules. It'd be batcrap crazy to punish us for following our rules. So... yeah they might.

Could it have had something to do with injury recovery? Hoping it wasn't weed. I don't think he's that careless to do it this time of year. I believe it's a situation similar to Clemson where they flew Frank out hoping that the B sample was negative. He just got his legs back and was playing the best basketball he had in a long time.
Maybe he used the wrong CBD oil for pain some contain tHC that will show in a test

Also possible that they know he can't be clear for this weekend and SU doesn't want him around so there is no possibility of getting into a pissing contest (pun intended) with the NCAA about whether or not the NCAA can subject him to testing after the game(s) even though we ruled him out for the games.

The problem being that the NCAA testing probably carries two sets of consequences (i) one backward looking for the program for using a player who is using drugs (which we avoid by not using him) and (ii) one forward looking related to eligibility for the player for testing positive. By not having him present they can't require him to be tested thus eliminating the possibility of having a positive test result subject to the NCAA determined penalties.

might also be likely they don't want him around being a distraction.

Could it have had something to do with injury recovery? Hoping it wasn't weed. I don't think he's that careless to do it this time of year. I believe it's a situation similar to Clemson where they flew Frank out hoping that the B sample was negative. He just got his legs back and was playing the best basketball he had in a long time.

PED's carry a stiffer penalty, I am sure most athletes know when the weed tests are coming ( obviously the NCAA ones are known but I doubt a university failed test warrants an instant suspension, some care, some don't, some think they can beat it and wind up failing.

Weed is weed. I get that it's still on the list but these things will always happen

It just hurts our depth, and if good Frank was going to show up, it’s a loss.

"Good Frank" this season has basically just been Frank when his 3's go in. I have no idea how anyone who watched the latest Duke game could think he actually played well. His 3's went in. He had like 3 assists and made no one else better. Same thing in his other "good" games this year.

The Frank Howard hate is not a good look. Lots of people drawing conclusions about his character based on nothing. Lots of people levying personal attacks because he isn't as good at basketball as they'd hoped.

Pretty disgusting. I hope this thread gets nuked.

Edit: there has been valid criticism, too, but it's outweighed by the tabloid level garbage being spewed.

"Good Frank" this season has basically just been Frank when his 3's go in. I have no idea how anyone who watched the latest Duke game could think he actually played well. His 3's went in. He had like 3 assists and made no one else better. Same thing in his other "good" games this year.

If you've accepted for some time now that he's not playing PG for us, then it's more impressive when his 3's go in.

What hurts is that it looked like frank turned a corner the last 2 games.

I’ve always thought we were better offensively with buddy in, and not much worse defensively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom