Frank Howard | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard

Terrific article. Kid has really persevered--that's one thing even his naysayers should readily acknowledge.

Feel like he's poised for a very solid senior year, with better players around him to alleviate the burden. We've had a history of beleaguered senior PGs [Scoop, Hart, etc.] stepping up and having terrific senior years. Frank's next in line.

One aspect that stands out is settlement of the argument of whether, due to youth and time-outs, these players can go flat out all game without tiring. They can't!

All those games where Boeheim was snatching him out of the game, most people thought Boeheim was giving him a hard time. I told Frank, 'That's your coach. He's got over 35 years of coaching. Obviously, he sees something that you don't see, Son. You can either pack your bags and try something else, or you can stick it out. But remember, you chose this school and you have the responsibility to get the outcome you want.'"

This attitude from Frank's dad is, in my mind, the top reason for Frank's success. If only all athlete's parents felt this way...

So very very proud of this young man! So mature and composed now. Embraced his shortcomings and mastered them. Took that chip off his shoulder and built something positive with it. Now his physical talent can flow unimpeded. Respect!

Great article by Donna about Frank and his life and SU career.

The maturation of Syracuse basketball's Frank Howard: How perseverance paid off

Fantastic article. I know it is football season and this board is quiet, but more members need to read this one. Very well done. I've always been a Howard defender and to know a little more about his back story, great for him. Also, great on his parents. To be blunt, a lot of these players simply do not grow up with a father in their life. It's obvious this man has had a tremendous impact on Frank and is a quality parent, unlike many.

image.jpg
You know who’s a critic of you? Stacy Hamilton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom