Franklin / PSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Franklin / PSU

I looked it up there was 1:43 and Indiana has one timeout, so they could have got it back with like 30 seconds, so I guess you could take a knee.
...if the play clock is 40 seconds and there are three downs before fourth, that means roughly 90 seconds could have come off the clock with three kneel downs, coach. Then, assuming you kick a field goal, there are only 12 seconds or so left with a four-point lead.
Could have done this, but either way, the coaches should have reinforced the plan to not score a TD so quick.

Last edited:
I didn't see their game today but some people questioning Penn St players effort today...

I haven’t checked out their boards, but Bill O’Brien is available now, isn’t he? I suspect there has already been some contact made...
BOB couldn't get out of Happy Valley fast enough. You may recall he was recorded complaining bitterly about the unrealistic expectations there. I think he will have better options.

It’s the 2nd weekend in November and winless Penn State battles winless Nebraska. Something’s gotta give.

I wrote it that way for the people waking up from a coma that started in 1986. Imagine their surprise.

The Syracuse won-loss record won’t really shock them.

sitting here in mid Nov
teams people had hope for

FSu 2 wins
Lou 2 wins
Mich 1 win
MSU 1 win
Wisc 1 win
Minn 1 win
OSU zero
Neb zero
TT 2 wins
tenn 2 wins
SC 2 wins
LSU 2 wins
Miss st 2 wins
ol miss 2 wins

pac 12 mess up and teams may not even finish the season
utah zero
stan zero
ucla zero
asu zero
ariz zero
wash zero

When we played Arkansas in the NCAA tourney in '95 the coaches told all the players that we were out of time outs...

I've watched Franklin in action for several years. I've never seen a coach more focused on covering point spreads than him. I think that was part of his calculus and a big reason why he didn't do the obvious.

His ace in the hole has always been recruiting. However, whether it's related to the pandemic, he's struggling this year. In fairness, he's lost pretty much the only impact players on the team through no fault of his own.

Which is not to say that I'm not enjoying their struggles. Immensely.

12:50 and PSU is melting down already... it’s beautiful

Tommy is better than Clifford

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom