Franklin / PSU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Franklin / PSU

Great idea.

Let's throw away $20M+ a year and try to support a football team (let alone the rest of the Athletic Dept). It could work. :rolleyes:
I'm saying the opposite. I'm saying if Syracuse wants to be part of the moneyed elite, they better do everything possible to prove to the rest of that club that they belong there.

I'm saying the opposite. I'm saying if Syracuse wants to be part of the moneyed elite, they better do everything possible to prove to the rest of that club that they belong there.
You’re right. They should start trying.

And they do that by resigning from the P5 and joining the NNNBE?

You’re right. They should start trying.
Yoda.jpg

So, you’re saying the in a system built on games and tv money (inventory), there’s a bunch of teams wanting to break off and provide less inventory and they’ll make *more* money?

The driving force behind conference expansion didn’t go away.

Plus, once again we just spent a bunch of money on facilities, our coaches are paid inline with conference peers not named Clemson or FSU.

So, you’re saying the in a system built on games and tv money (inventory), there’s a bunch of teams wanting to break off and provide less inventory and they’ll make *more* money?

The driving force behind conference expansion didn’t go away.

Plus, once again we just spent a bunch of money on facilities, our coaches are paid inline with conference peers not named Clemson or FSU.
They are going to take 40-50 teams and form a new top tier and take most of the TV revenue and divide it up amongst themselves. The rest of the teams will get some scraps to fight over.

They are going to take 40-50 teams and form a new top tier and take most of the TV revenue and divide it up amongst themselves. The rest of the teams will get some scraps to fight over.

This makes no sense and isn't happening

‘putting band back together. Getting O’Leary out of retirement as DC. Somehow I don’t think George would see eye to eye with the new student athlete
I know one of his former players from GT down here - sounds like he didn't see eye to eye with the student athlete then either.

If Shafer was still coach CousCuse would be saying none of this stuff about dropping down a level.

If Shafer was still coach CousCuse would be saying none of this stuff about dropping down a level.
I thought for stability sake a coach should get 4 years. I argued that Dino should have got an extension after 2018. How was I or anyone to know that after a well thought of coach got a 10 win season and a vote of confidence via a new contract, that recruiting would remain mediocre and the team would have 2 bad seasons. There is going to be a major shake up in the top rung of college football, I'm just saying it's a bad time to look like a team that's being carried by the teams that generate big ratings.

I thought for stability sake a coach should get 4 years. I argued that Dino should have got an extension after 2018. How was I or anyone to know that after a well thought of coach got a 10 win season and a vote of confidence via a new contract, that recruiting would remain mediocre and the team would have 2 bad seasons. There is going to be a major shake up in the top rung of college football, I'm just saying it's a bad time to look like a team that's being carried by the teams that generate big ratings.

Links?

Just because you keep saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

From this article:

The survey also revealed less than half (44%) of all respondents (351 Division I schools) support the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) actually separating from the NCAA.

If you think Syracuse will be left out of any sort of realignment, I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, it is. Do some research.
Research what? What you are repeating is, in effect, the Big Ten pipe dream. The Big Ten always acts, and always significantly in the dark, to stifle competition so it looks better and 'wins.' The Big Ten now, with the Rose Bowl reduced to just another 'big' bowl, wants to make itself central once agin, a permanent central, by killing the P5, and thereby forcing many current P5 members into an AAC-status.

So the Big Ten has had a horde of posters, many pretending to be SEC or Texas or OU posters, for years claiming that the networks are demanding that the P5 be broken up in some major way, perhaps with as few as 48 'Major' schools/programs left. All 14 Big Ten members usually make the cut, as do all 14 SEC members. The most brazen assume that all 12 Pac members make the cut, along with Texas, OU, maybe half the ACC, perhaps KU, Texas Tech, etc.

It is a fantasy of megalomaniacs.

Research what? What you are repeating is, in effect, the Big Ten pipe dream. The Big Ten always acts, and always significantly in the dark, to stifle competition so it looks better and 'wins.' The Big Ten now, with the Rose Bowl reduced to just another 'big' bowl, wants to make itself central once agin, a permanent central, by killing the P5, and thereby forcing many current P5 members into an AAC-status.

So the Big Ten has had a horde of posters, many pretending to be SEC or Texas or OU posters, for years claiming that the networks are demanding that the P5 be broken up in some major way, perhaps with as few as 48 'Major' schools/programs left. All 14 Big Ten members usually make the cut, as do all 14 SEC members. The most brazen assume that all 12 Pac members make the cut, along with Texas, OU, maybe half the ACC, perhaps KU, Texas Tech, etc.

It is a fantasy of megalomaniacs.
I don't think you understand my argument.

I don't think you understand my argument.
The question is do you understand your own argument? If so you might want to try and articulate it more clearly.

The question is do you understand your own argument? If so you might want to try and articulate it more clearly.
WoadBlue states there is a plan afoot to create a new division. The GOR's of the B1G, PAC12 and the Big12 end in '23-'24 and that is when the new alignment will happen. Do you think with the dire straits that the program has fallen into that they will be included. Hard to imagine.

WoadBlue states there is a plan afoot to create a new division. The GOR's of the B1G, PAC12 and the Big12 end in '23-'24 and that is when the new alignment will happen. Do you think with the dire straits that the program has fallen into that they will be included. Hard to imagine.

Does it matter how good the program is, or does it matter what kind of media audience the school could draw?

Does it matter how good the program is, or does it matter what kind of media audience the school could draw?
I guess we may find out the answer to that question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom