Franklin / PSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Franklin / PSU

They play Iowa at home, then Michigan on the road. Probably will lose both of those. They are likely they play a really weak schedule in a weak league. Get the two worst teams in P5, RU and MSU to finish the season. A 2-6 record remains possible.

They play Iowa at home, then Michigan on the road. Probably will lose both of those. They are likely they play a really weak schedule in a weak league. Get the two worst teams in P5, RU and MSU to finish the season. A 2-6 record remains possible.

0-8 is possible we can dream can't we?

Maybe they will add a game against Umass or some school like it the week of the B1G CG to get a win?

They're in a tough spot regardless of what they do. If they kowtow to their fanbase and fire Franklin, I think there will be an outcry among many of the Black players and students, and I think it's gonna be really tough to recruit there moving forward.

OTOH, he has been consistently outcoached on game day. He has proven to be a better salesman than coach.

OTOHOTOH, he hasn't had the cult-like fans there to create that hostile environment.

Regardless of his gameday coaching ability and setting aside that he is a scumbag (Ped St is good at that anyway), are people really wanting him gone? He jas won 11 games 3 times in his first 6 seasons. Do their fans forget that JoePa was having losing seasons in the 2000's? From 2000-2004 he had 4 losing seasons in 5 years.

Luke Fickell would be great for the Big10, however as Syracuse fans this is the last thing we need.

Fickell would dominate at Ped State and take any north east recruit he wanted. Hope he stays put at Cincy.

Pennsylvania State sucks this year but Michigan, Michigan State and Rutgers suck as well.
They will likely beat atleast 2 of those teams.

Luke Fickell would be great for the Big10, however as Syracuse fans this is the last thing we need.

Fickell would dominate at Ped State and take any north east recruit he wanted. Hope he stays put at Cincy.
It's funny. I was recently wondering to myself if Fickell, an OSU guy, would take the Michigan job.

They're in a tough spot regardless of what they do. If they kowtow to their fanbase and fire Franklin, I think there will be an outcry among many of the Black players and students, and I think it's gonna be really tough to recruit there moving forward.

OTOH, he has been consistently outcoached on game day. He has proven to be a better salesman than coach.

OTOHOTOH, he hasn't had the cult-like fans there to create that hostile environment.
At least it would be a different type of outcry than is usually associated with penn st

At least it would be a different type of outcry than is usually associated with penn st

True. But those calling for Franklin's neck are likely those who went nuclear on anyone who dared to besmirch the reputation of 'St. Joe'. Roles have been reversed.

It's funny. I was recently wondering to myself if Fickell, an OSU guy, would take the Michigan job.
I know he wasn't as connected to OSU, but Bo Schembechler did.

It’s amazing you can get 38m for being terrible at your job and getting fired (if it came to that)

It’s amazing you can get 38m for being terrible at your job and getting fired (if it came to that)
I don't like the guy, but has he been terrible at his job?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom