Fran's Game 5 Press Conference | UNLV | Syracusefan.com

Fran's Game 5 Press Conference | UNLV

Brown just praised UNLV quarterback Hajj-Malik Williams. He joked that the new signal caller is a better version of what he was as a high schooler.

Brown says he doesn't expect significant changes from UNLV's offense.

"I think it'll be a real fun football game to watch."

"They're just professional." - Brown on UNLV handling its adversity.

"Special teams is a unit that we want to help us, not harm us."

Brown called the Matthew Sluka situation a shame for both sides.

"I don't know that situation, nor am I trying to dig into that situation. I'm just really focused on Kyle and MJ, like all of our quarterbacks." -Brown on UNLV's NIL situation.

Brown calls it common sense for SU to maybe adjust its fourth down/field goal situation, but also notes he still believes in his kickers.

Brown says a lot of McCord's attempts have come off RPOs. Not all are necessarily supposed to be passes, but they've been passing a lot because of McCord's reads.

Justus Ross-Simmons was out last week due to injury, but Brown says he'll be back this week. Zeed Haynes is still out due to a personal matter.

Brown just praised Darrell Gill Jr. athleticism. He even said he tried getting the wide receiver to play some cornerback.

Last edited:
No one asked about health in regards to Barnes or Nixon.

Nixon played, did he get hurt again during the game?

Did anyone ask about Rashard Perry?

Nixon played, did he get hurt again during the game?

Did anyone ask about Rashard Perry?
Yeah Nixon came out of the game banged up. No one asked about Perry or about any injuries except Marlowe.

Does Barnes being on the 2 deep indicate he is back? I believe it's typically a carry-over form the prior week, but since he was out, I'm wondering if this means he's going to play.

Someone needs to ask if he can release his outfit along with the uni announcement each week. How is there not more talk of his sideline style?

Cintas should sponsor it. They might as well have some function for the money they paid.

Sucks that Zeed isn’t back yet. Really missing him on offense. Getting nervous he may never be back.
I'm somewhat optimistic that he'll be back still, because it seems like Fran doesn't like distractions, and if it was just done he'd say so so that he doesn't have to keep getting asked the question.

I'm somewhat optimistic that he'll be back still, because it seems like Fran doesn't like distractions, and if it was just done he'd say so so that he doesn't have to keep getting asked the question.
Yeah I think the way he talked about Zeed today makes it seem it’s more likely he’ll be back than not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom